Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helios not scanning anything

Avalanche_Army501rst

Question

So lately my Helios doesn't want to scan absolutely anything. Before he would go around scanning for new Codex entries and using Detect Vulnerability to reveal weak points of targets with a complete Codex entry. All he does is attack anyone on sight. Wanted to ask if anyone has had this issue and how you fixed it before assuming it's a game bug and reporting it.

24 answers to this question

Hmmmm there was a thread here yesterday or day before with the same complaints.  I use Helios prime and haven’t actually noticed him doing it lately either but I assumed it’s cuz I already have full codex entries for the stuff I’m encountering regularly and I don’t have simaris’ augment to make him scan for weaknesses.

maybe there is something in this..?  

Anyone else feel their Helios is being lazy lately?

2 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

The sequence in which you place mods on your Sentinels affect how often they will use a skills.

latest?cb=20150715233856

Try moving the Scan mod up the priority list.

I have mine in the second slot after sacrifice so he will revive me over scanning things.  But if I’m alive, he should be scanning things.  Maybe it’s just in my head and I do actually just have full entries for a majority of stuff now

I second the OP's statement. For me, with the sol widget and scanners, and with investigator in the top priority slot, helios is being temperamental - not scanning at all, or scanning from whatever point in the mission it feels like scanning. However, it will not scan cephalon fragments, frame fighter data, or somachord fragments.

Something is definitely bugged with it since the latest update(s).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

The sequence in which you place mods on your Sentinels affect how often they will use a skills.

640?cb=20150715233856

Try moving the Scan mod up the priority list.

I have the attack mod as last priority and Investigator as first (or second can't remember because I also have the one where my sentinel auto recharges my shields) priority

1 hour ago, LarryYourWaiter said:

Anyone else feel their Helios is being lazy lately?

Me.

He used to scan everything, now even when there are no enemies he wont do it.

I didnt change my mods for months now so it shouldnt have anything to do with mod position.

Edited by (PS4)Pizza_Parker
  • Like 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb TauAlphaC:

I second the OP's statement. For me, with the sol widget and scanners, and with investigator in the top priority slot, helios is being temperamental - not scanning at all, or scanning from whatever point in the mission it feels like scanning. However, it will not scan cephalon fragments, frame fighter data, or somachord fragments.

Something is definitely bugged with it since the latest update(s).

Same here, reported it numerous times and posted it in different threads, also saw quite a few ppl on the forum and ingame complain about this.

Edited by imbressive

I better not catch any flak for necroing a thread here.  Because there is no excuse for this to still be happening.  I'm filling in holes in my codex and up until a few minutes ago everything has been fine.  He won't scan core pipes from Sabotage missions.  He wouldn't scan the statue I just found that wasn't in my codex yet.  He scanned some mining machines for me earlier, but he's not working properly at all.  This should not still be a thing.  This thread is over 2 years old.

• Like 1

This report is accurate.  Helios is not working since about the last update.  I have both the original codex scanner equipped with 100+ charges and I have the synthesis scanner equipped.  I also have the investigator mod in slot 1 of the helios and nothing.  I have video from Mars and Earth looking right at plants and helios does nothing.  Then I pull out the scanner and the scanner makes the scans.  Helios needs a  bug fix.

2 hours ago, CMBDIs said:

This report is accurate.  Helios is not working since about the last update.  I have both the original codex scanner equipped with 100+ charges and I have the synthesis scanner equipped.  I also have the investigator mod in slot 1 of the helios and nothing.  I have video from Mars and Earth looking right at plants and helios does nothing.  Then I pull out the scanner and the scanner makes the scans.  Helios needs a  bug fix.

Wrong sentinel dude. Maybe study his wiki page a bit to learn more about Helios.

On 2018-11-01 at 9:19 AM, wiinston17 said:

I can attest to this. I have helios prime and the sol battery widget and he simply refuses to scan anything which makes the silver grove quest a pain. I even tried to purchase some regular scanners as well as some charges but still not properly scanning.

Hoping you've learned it by now (sorry for the necroing of this post) but Helios has never done anything with the plants.

5 hours ago, CMBDIs said:

plants

To try a more useful response, Oxylus and its Botanist Precept is what you should be looking at for Plant scanning beyond filling the Codex.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Helios has never done anything with the plants

Maybe study its Wiki page a bit to learn more about Helios:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Helios

Helios will scan the plant life and reward extracts for Antitoxins as long as the plant's Codex entry is not completed.

:P

vor 7 Stunden schrieb CMBDIs:

helios only scans until there are enough entries about the item in the codex.
because yesterday I was in void and there was a rare chest. he scanned it.