Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Strange Unintentional Arca Plasmor Power Increase/Reverted nerfs after Chimera update

Triplinster

After Chimera update, Arca Plasmor had some touch ups in PvE. I'm not aware of the details about the changes. But It seems to have affected PvP Arca Plasmor in several ways.

1. Removal of Fall off.

Arca Plasmor no longer has fall off. Whether you're at point blank or at it's max 15 (more like 16.5m from my testing) range. You'll get full damage from the weapon. Before this was not the case, we had 3.75m to 11m fall off range, minimum fall off damage being 0.5x. 

4.4 second Gif below shows the lack of fall off.

Spoiler

2. Addition of projectile Bounce

Somehow, for some reason, PvP Arca Plasmor has bounce while PvE Arca Plasmor doesn't. 2.5 Second gif below shows this.

Spoiler

Aside from that, it also has normally functioning punch through with bounce.

Spoiler

3. Reverted width nerfs?

Spoiler

HDGG7QD.png

Looking at the patch note archive, it seems like at some point in the past, Arca Plasmor in PvP got a width nerf. Now I did not use Arca Plasmor back then to know, but from my testings in PvP and PvE, Arca Plasmor seems to have similar crosshair to left/right hitbox edge distance of 1.7m. Which is around 3.4m in width.

So it seems like Arca Plasmor got some unintentional increase in power. Right now it 3 shots all medium to tank frames. And 2 shots from light frames.

Frame HTK TTK list, Plasmor vs Excal stock damage calcs can be found below

Spoiler

LFB5gB1.png

Over all It comes together to be a very over rewarding weapon in conclave due to it's low aiming requirement and low HTK (Nature of which allows way less interruption in movement compared to things like high HTK weapons.)

So it could use some bug fixing/balancing to bring it back in line, to similar levels of power before Chimera update. When lesser skilled players could still make use of it to score some damage/kills without it being too powerful.

Edited by Triplinster

Good stuff, someone really needs to fix plasmor up, its unbearable right now. Generally no risk-high reward weapons should be removed from conclave, ex. Ignis, Arca Plasmor etc. 

Edited by DeguSquared

25 minutes ago, VanLyrr said:

They obviously do. Update 23.10:

i9R7Y8o.png

Too much care thet they not checked the nekros abilities in conclave, he not even have shadows in conclave...

Anyway, they need fix the arca plasmor bugs in PVE and should disable for PVP until be fixed...

Edited by Leoffta

14 часов назад, Leoffta сказал:

Too much care thet they not checked the nekros abilities in conclave, he not even have shadows in conclave...

Ugh... like... have you even tried to read the tips during the loading screen? Cause they clearly say that Nekros' 4 reset respawn timers in Conclave. Just next time try to check for information before blaming the devs.

6 hours ago, ant99999 said:

Ugh... like... have you even tried to read the tips during the loading screen? Cause they clearly say that Nekros' 4 reset respawn timers in Conclave. Just next time try to check for information before blaming the devs.

Yeah, I know this this old tips in loading screen, but still, in another thread they changed the info about paladino in the hotfix, to not confuse the players...