Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A few questions regarding multiple accounts

GovernmentSecrets.gov

Question

First off I have not actually made an alt and will not do so till I can for 110% confirm there is zero risk. I am aware there must be ZERO interaction between alt accounts. However I'd like to ask anyone who does use alt accounts if they've encountered any issues involving alts. My reason for considering an alt is I've pretty done everything minus earning everything from all syndicates but I don't really use that stuff anyway. I mainly want to relive the feeling of being new to the game and progressing like I did when I actually was new. 

I've got nearly 3000 hours on my account and quite a bit of money put into it so I don't want to take any chances whatsoever.

A couple of specific questions I've had:

Can I use the same computer as my original account?

Will my original account be affected in anyway? (Could creating an alt wipe the original account)

Is it possible to set some kind of lock to forcibly prevent any account interaction? (Being more specific to prevent account B from trading for something account A had previously owned)

I do a LOT of trading especially within the last couple of weeks. Knowing there can be NO interaction between accounts I don't want to risk running into what would essentially be a time bomb.

If there's even a hint of risk involved for my original account I'll just wait till console gets keyboard and mouse support. I don't know how you guys use controller layouts, it's just awful imo.

Again just in case, I have NOT made an alt and will not do so till I can confirm 110% there isn't any risk so long as there's no interaction between them. Knowing How I am I will most likely not create an alt even if it is safe, I'm far too terrified to put my account at risk.

4 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, --Councilor_Vay_Hek-- said:

First off I have not actually made an alt and will not do so till I can for 110% confirm there is zero risk. I am aware there must be ZERO interaction between alt accounts. However I'd like to ask anyone who does use alt accounts if they've encountered any issues involving alts. My reason for considering an alt is I've pretty done everything minus earning everything from all syndicates but I don't really use that stuff anyway. I mainly want to relive the feeling of being new to the game and progressing like I did when I actually was new. 

I've got nearly 3000 hours on my account and quite a bit of money put into it so I don't want to take any chances whatsoever.

A couple of specific questions I've had:

Yes.

Will my original account be affected in anyway? (Could creating an alt wipe the original account)

Nope.

Is it possible to set some kind of lock to forcibly prevent any account interaction? (Being more specific to prevent account B from trading for something account A had previously owned)

I keep alts at MR0 to remove even the idea of interactivity.

This does mean there is a barrier though when it comes to progression.

I do a LOT of trading especially within the last couple of weeks. Knowing there can be NO interaction between accounts I don't want to risk running into what would essentially be a time bomb.

If you don't hit MR2, then can't trade anyways.

If there's even a hint of risk involved for my original account I'll just wait till console gets keyboard and mouse support. I don't know how you guys use controller layouts, it's just awful imo.

Just be sure to follow the rules in regards to it and make sure to avoid areas that could give a hint of negative interaction.

With controller layouts, best to combine it with a 3rd party tool (though wish you could still assign a blank keybind for a button to allow better configuration).

Again just in case, I have NOT made an alt and will not do so till I can confirm 110% there isn't any risk so long as there's no interaction between them. Knowing How I am I will most likely not create an alt even if it is safe, I'm far too terrified to put my account at risk.

Just be smart and avoid interaction; all simple, tbh.

Also keep this in mind:

When creating an Account which involves forming a unique user identity ("User ID") and password, you agree to (i) provide true, accurate, current and complete information as requested in the required fields (the "Account Information") and (ii) promptly maintain and update such User ID and your Account Information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.

You, as creator of your Account and User ID, are solely responsible for your User ID. Digital Extremes will not tolerate offensive or obscene User IDs. If a User ID violates any part of these terms, DE may immediately, temporarily, or permanently ban such a User ID, with or without notice. The creation of alternate accounts will be handled on a case by case basis, and we reserve the right to remove accounts used to circumvent any form of restrictions to the game or the Service including the official Warframe forums.

Digital Extremes is not responsible for any misuse of your Account or your User ID, you agree to accept all risks of unauthorized access to your Account and to hold Digital Extremes harmless from and against any improper use of your Account or your User ID, including, but not limited to, improper use by someone to whom you revealed your password.

-- source

Edited by Sean

11 minutes ago, --Councilor_Vay_Hek-- said:

Yes

11 minutes ago, --Councilor_Vay_Hek-- said:

No

12 minutes ago, --Councilor_Vay_Hek-- said:

Isn't possible to have access to anything the other account has anyway, so there wouldn't be a "had previously" Unless you're using 2 computers and in dojo with both account trading back and forth.

13 minutes ago, --Councilor_Vay_Hek-- said:

Do ya think while you're logged into your main account that your alt will randomly PM your main asking to buy something from you?

You'll be fine, chill out and go play the game. With either account, but not together.

5 minutes ago, Alcatraz said:

Yes

No

Isn't possible to have access to anything the other account has anyway, so there wouldn't be a "had previously" Unless you're using 2 computers and in dojo with both account trading back and forth.

Do ya think while you're logged into your main account that your alt will randomly PM your main asking to buy something from you?

You'll be fine, chill out and go play the game. With either account, but not together.

What I mean is that if Account A sold an item to a random person then some time later however unlikely that same random person or someone else who now has the item Account A had that that person would be selling said item and Account B trades for it it would be a time bomb.

Sitting even in the same lobby with both Account A and B is essentially shooting myself in the foot

Edited by --Councilor_Vay_Hek--

Just now, --Councilor_Vay_Hek-- said:

What I mean is that if Account A sold an item to a random person then some time later however unlikely that same random person or someone else who now has the item Account A had ends up selling said item and Account B trades for it it would be a time bomb.

Sitting even in the same lobby with both Account A and B is essentially shooting myself in the foot

No, it wouldn't be a problem if there was a middle man and you some how ended up buying something you sold to that person in the past. It's just an item.

Interacting between accounts more closely means for you to not be in same mission, with them both. Like for example, doing sorties with both accounts to gain twice the rewards, but carrying the one account with your main.

Trading mods between them would also be interaction, if you were directly trading mods across.