Lost 5000+ plat. is it a bug?

Bledicus

Question

so i went to bed yesterday with over 5000 plat and logged on today with 0. Is this a bug and if so can I fix it without support. I've already sent a support ticket but i was just wondering if this was purely user error on my part.

I'm pretty sure I haven't been hacked due to none of my other good being gone (rivens,prime mods, actual cash from trading).

so I ask, is this a bug and if so has anybody else found a fix.

thanks.

Update: The devs got back to me super quick. turns out that some one had actually hacked my account and had gifted it or something. i got most of it back. Thank you so much for your responses.

Edited by Bledicus

15 answers to this question

16 minutes ago, Bledicus said:

Is this a bug and if so can I fix it without support.

What have you got evidence of?

• Platinum,
  • Platinum Purchases,
  • Trades.

If any of the platinum was acquired from a non-official/'illegal' source, DE cannot do anything. You do not really provide enough information for us to judge if DE will be able to help. You can try though.

Either you bought a platinum from illegal sites OR you sold a riven to a guy who uses the illegal site.

Which one is it? You smells fishy. If I'm wrong then I apologize.

Word of Advice : Never bought platinum from unofficial/illegal sites. Lucky they didn't ban you if you did.

There are most likely 2 reasons @Bledicus

1. You have purchased platinum from unofficial pages. Since DE doesn't suppose those purchases, the platinum was deleted.
  2. You have sold an item to another player who has bought platinum from such pages or who has reversed a purchase from official pages due to bank rebooking. Since the original platinum purchase was revoked, your platinum is gone as well.

Anyway... i hope you will manage.

@Gussygoose

Its rather offensive that your directly claim someone's guilty without proof.

Yeah, may have been a chargeback too. Somebody else bought platinum, paid for it, but after trading with you cancelled or reversed their purchase. Don't know how you do that, and the less players who know how it's done the better, for the risk of abuse. Trading is already abusive business.

4 hours ago, LarryYourWaiter said:

Yikes.  Was your 5k from a single transaction/trade or is that just the pool you had at this point for multiple things?

I bought it on several occasions. most was like last month with a 75% off plat.

4 hours ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

There are most likely 2 reasons @Bledicus

1. You have purchased platinum from unofficial pages. Since DE doesn't suppose those purchases, the platinum was deleted.
  2. You have sold an item to another player who has bought platinum from such pages or who has reversed a purchase from official pages due to bank rebooking. Since the original platinum purchase was revoked, your platinum is gone as well.

Anyway... i hope you will manage.

@Gussygoose

Its rather offensive that your directly claim someone's guilty without proof.

Something similiar to Second one happned to me i think. I lost 2.2 k plat. Probably due to a god riven i sold. Atleast can i get my riven back ? İf not than why wouldnt i use second method to buy rivens ? I opened a ticket about it and waiting

If you not sold a riven to a shady person whom paid huge amount of plat to you for it then possibly that is a bug. I am not call you liar or hacker because the platinum hacking is a living problem like the shady / illegal site platinum purchases. I am sure the support can help you but if you lost your platinum yesterday after when you went sleep and tomorrow it's gone then you need to check what happend in that timeline and if you remember whom you trade with then you can check them again.

Be patient, use the support and wait till response.

9 hours ago, Bledicus said:

Got most of my plat back . Support got back to me super quick. Turns out i got hacked or something and they gifted it to themselves. Ive changed my password and am now using two step. Thanks for the supoort!

Yes, but that only happens if the account owner (you) give away the account information to begin with.