Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion - mash reload button to speed up the reloading

Ada_Wong_SG

I suppose this might already be happening when we are caught in a panic and keep hitting the reload button repeatedly

How about an actual working mechanic that you can reload a weapon faster by simply mashing the reload button ?

This will not drastically speed up the reloading process, maybe by 10% - 15% when you are spamming 
the reload button really intensively.

We might ends up with a broken R button on the keyboard.

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

How is this going to work for people with RSI or another disability.  The biggest issue with mechanics like this is accessibility.  With QTEs one way that games allow people to bypass them is to just hold down the button or to auto activate them with a settings toggle, but if this is applied to your suggestion what is stopping people from using this setting to simply increase reload speed across the board (basically a fast hands without needing the mod).  Interesting concept but it bring up lots of issues.

honestly, i'd rather that Reload just be more responsive so that we don't need to spam it to make sure it actually starts when we want to Reload.
since we can cancel Reload anytime without issue, if i press Reload i would really like the game to queue up Reloading to start immediately when the next time Reloading is possible.

when doing a lot of Parkour sometimes it can be frustrating to get the Reload to actually start so that you can get a Reload done before you bounce off of something else and can't Reload again for a moment, Et Cetera.

then we don't really need to have any reason to spam Reload at all, eh? :)

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

honestly, i'd rather that Reload just be more responsive so that we don't need to spam it to make sure it actually starts when we want to Reload.
since we can cancel Reload anytime without issue, if i press Reload i would really like the game to queue up Reloading to start immediately when the next time Reloading is possible.

when doing a lot of Parkour sometimes it can be frustrating to get the Reload to actually start so that you can get a Reload done before you bounce off of something else and can't Reload again for a moment, Et Cetera.

then we don't really need to have any reason to spam Reload at all, eh? :)

Been noticing with Corinth for a while, sometime it just stop after reloading one round and this sort of grow into a habit 
to tap the reload button multiple times for the whole reloading process for any gun.

1 hour ago, Elyndr said:

Exploitable. Someone would just have to switch the key to the mouse wheel for instance. 

This is very true, since I am using
Mouse Wheel Up for melee (Primed fury + berserker spam)
Mouse Wheel down for firing weapon (semi auto weapons)

If the reload key gets a mouse wheel bind then spamming is highly possible 
and people would use that to get away with using Fast Hands and Quick Draw.

No way. Reloading could use a few tweaks, like updating the mag of older weapons when the reload is done rather than halfway through, or some guns reloading rounds individually like the strun and corinth are supposed to, but I like it the way it is. We don't need button mashing in warframe...