Trying to build a Rhino with Umbra Mods

SaltyKelong

Question

Hey all,

I'm trying to build a Strength Rhino with all 3 Umbra mods.

https://goo.gl/pNpQVW

Very heavy forma'ing is required and replacing both V makes me kinda uncomfortable, any thoughts before i commit?

Will i run into energy problems with only 75% efficiency and no flow? i can easily replace Stretch with Flow since they are same polarity.

Is Ironclad Charge necessary? I could keep the original V polarity for something else (could be more health, could be armor) and save a forma. 

How important is Augur Secrets from a min-max perspective?

Currently my Umbra mods are rank 8 (cost 14 instead of 16) so i still have 6 points to play around with.

Edited by SaltyKelong

9 answers to this question

all 3 Umbral Mods at once isn't worth it on any Warframe but Umbra.
stick with 2/3. otherwise you end up losing atleast one Mod Slot and what you get for 3/3 vs 2/3 isn't worth losing Mod Slots for.

how much Damage the Enemies are dealing will determine whether low Efficiency will be enough or not. and whether you bring any of the now many many ways to generate Energy.

Ironclad Charge is necessary if you want to use Iron Skin seriously, yes. elsewise Iron Skin will not be worth much at high Levels. but with it you'll be able to stroll through Enemies, most of the time.

6 hours ago, 541K4T said:

Umbral Vitality is kinda wasted in Rhino. Since you are using Iron Skin to negate damage and Iron Shrapnel to refresh as necessary. These are my builds requires 4 Forma & chnaging one D to V.

Regular -  https://goo.gl/3QRH8S

Buff Build - https://goo.gl/aV6UWc

Wait what is the DMG buff (your 3) percent?

For the buff build and normal build cause I am a bit interested in your build

Well off the top of my head my current build is max armor mod then streamline, flow, primed continuity, both iron skin faction mods, blind rage, trans fortitude. If I were to use the umbra mods they'd swap with trans fort and the regular armor for umbra armor/intensify.

I've another build where I added a bit more power strength at the expense of one of his faction mods but I don't really like it, IMHO those two iron skin mods make him a lot more fun to play.

only use all 3 umbrals on rhino if your very new to the game and don't have access to all the mods.  because it's pretty bad.

as mentioned above umbral vitality is a loss of ironskin and roar vs power strength mods and more modding space.   

Rhino has about 20,000 ironskin.  so having 400 more health is pretty pointless and loosing 16 modding capacity hurts when your already spending 32 on dual umbral.

typical rhino ironskin build uses ironclad charge to get high total armor then ironskin,  iron shrapnel can be left unranked as a way to reset ironskin before it falls off in dangerous situations.

Dual umbral build is about 4 forma.

Warframe0197-1-1-1-1.jpg?width=1163&heig