Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When/If Nidus Prime some day comes...

Zi-Sui

Don't think so, they're not something the Orokin would make and it's likely that Nidus Prime himself won't have that infested look either, I'd see him use some orokin vegetation in his prime variant instead of all the infested mess.

I'm fairly certain at this point that infested weapons aren't going to get a 'special' variant. We've had them in the game since the beginning, and still nothing. Given that Djinn has a non-infested skin, though, I'd imagine Prime variants of the infested weapons' 'originals' aren't totally out of the question.

probably not, though all DE techinically needs to do is decide what weapons Nidus prime will get and then be sure to make them look a bit more infested looking (by prime standards). I'm thinking the aesthetics for Nidus and his gear would be sort of like what the Derelict strain of Technocyte looks like, but more ornate. a "gilded disease" look would work IMO.

14 minutes ago, XRosenkreuz said:

I'm fairly certain at this point that infested weapons aren't going to get a 'special' variant. We've had them in the game since the beginning, and still nothing. Given that Djinn has a non-infested skin, though, I'd imagine Prime variants of the infested weapons' 'originals' aren't totally out of the question.

Mutalist weapons say hi. 

21 minutes ago, OriVerda said:

Mutalist weapons say hi. 

Those are more like different weapons with different mechanics. We currently have Prime stuff for orokin/tenno weapons, Vandal for corpus/tenno and Wrath for grineer, but no such improved versions of infested weps. And also Dex, yeah.

Prime, Mutalist, Vandal, Wraith, Umbra, Secura, Vaykor, Prisma, Dex. We have a lot of options for weapons almost like in Borderlands we have a lot of manufacturers. The interesting question to me when they will make a strun prime? Because the boar is looks the same as the strun but works different but still they using the same model and the strun categorized as wraith so grineer while the boar is somehow remain tenno tech. This is a bit confusing because the strun does not look like a grineer weapon by far yet it using a wraith version.

Back to the topic I can imagine the Nidus as a prime, just like Revenant and Inaros too. Actually if Nekros which is a necromancer got a prime version then why we limit in theory what can be primed? Revenant sentient tech while Nidus infested. Two different polarity but yet they are warframes. Also the primes only in the lore the first versions but we all know DE like to mess the lore if they seems profit. I personally feel the regular frames the originals and the prime variants are extras nothing more. They happen before any prime and you fall in love with the regulars first.

Also the Valkyr prime just a better version of the Alad tortured version and not the gersemi what someone called the original "fan service in my eye". 

So basically there is no reason not to have for say a serro, dual ichor, lanka, supra, karak, scoliac etc etc primes because DE can mess with everything if they feel they can make profitable. They will keep some stuff unprimed or given variations to them if they sees benefit it. They never said never to anything what actually exists and sometimes they are stubborn but often changing their minds so don't take it seriously. 

All I want is a proper strun prime since that is the oldest tenno shotty which is not primed yet.

Edited by Nubescu

1 hour ago, Suncake said:

Those are more like different weapons with different mechanics. We currently have Prime stuff for orokin/tenno weapons, Vandal for corpus/tenno and Wrath for grineer, but no such improved versions of infested weps. And also Dex, yeah.

1 hour ago, XRosenkreuz said:

Yes, the Mutalists Quanta and Cernos, which aren't special versions of infested weapons at all, just not-quite-as-infested versions of existing weapons.

I'd say hi back, but I got rid of them.

Yeah you guys are right, so far there really aren't enhanced versions of Infested weapons. Though can you imagine the power of an enhanced Synapse or Scoliac? Here's a fun note; the Mutalist strain is a sub-type of the Infested, an evolution created by Alad V which led to the Infestation of Corpus robotics. In surmation, it's his fault we have those annoying Infested MOAs.

45 minutes ago, Nubescu said:

Prime, Mutalist, Vandal, Wraith, Umbra, Secura, Vaykor, Prisma, Dex. We have a lot of options for weapons almost like in Borderlands we have a lot of manufacturers. The interesting question to me when they will make a strun prime? Because the boar is looks the same as the strun but works different but still they using the same model and the strun categorized as wraith so grineer while the boar is somehow remain tenno tech. This is a bit confusing because the strun does not look like a grineer weapon by far yet it using a wraith version.

Back to the topic I can imagine the Nidus as a prime, just like Revenant and Inaros too. Actually if Nekros which is a necromancer got a prime version then why we limit in theory what can be primed? Revenant sentient tech while Nidus infested. Two different polarity but yet they are warframes. Also the primes only in the lore the first versions but we all know DE like to mess the lore if they seems profit. I personally feel the regular frames the originals and the prime variants are extras nothing more. They happen before any prime and you fall in love with the regulars first.

Also the Valkyr prime just a better version of the Alad tortured version and not the gersemi what someone called the original "fan service in my eye". 

So basically there is no reason not to have for say a serro, dual ichor, lanka, supra, karak, scoliac etc etc primes because DE can mess with everything if they feel they can make profitable. They will keep some stuff unprimed or given variations to them if they sees benefit it. They never said never to anything what actually exists and sometimes they are stubborn but often changing their minds so don't take it seriously. 

All I want is a proper strun prime since that is the oldest tenno shotty which is not primed yet.

You forgot Nova Prime which directly contradicts the lore. Nova was designed not by the Orokin but by the Tenno Council post-awakening. Basically DE do what DE want.

1 hour ago, OriVerda said:

Yeah you guys are right, so far there really aren't enhanced versions of Infested weapons. Though can you imagine the power of an enhanced Synapse or Scoliac? Here's a fun note; the Mutalist strain is a sub-type of the Infested, an evolution created by Alad V which led to the Infestation of Corpus robotics. In surmation, it's his fault we have those annoying Infested MOAs.

You forgot Nova Prime which directly contradicts the lore. Nova was designed not by the Orokin but by the Tenno Council post-awakening. Basically DE do what DE want.

Not forgot just not mentionned because almost everyone know she was created by the council. And also her prime rushed because of popular demands. So yep we all can agree on they can do whatever they wish.

Edited by Nubescu

7 hours ago, OriVerda said:

The Tenno Council is an in-lore stand-in for the Design Council. It was part of the Orokin era. Nova, Valkyr, Revenant, Nidus, every single frame was made by the Orokin, just maybe a themed sub-committee for giggles. Every single frame can and will be Prime given the game lasts long enough.

10 hours ago, GOOFBALL1 said:

Do you think they prime infested weapons too like Hema, and maybe the infested sentinel Djinn? I hope so.

Nidus is not made by the Infestation, but by the Orokin. He will get Primed. As of yet, there is no way for Infested weaponry to get Primed.  Djinn is not made from the Infestation, it is just like every other Sentinel, a friendly piece of Sentient tech that has some theme from existing factions and can be Prime just like Helios or Wyrm.

Edited by peterc3

8 hours ago, OriVerda said:

Valkyr Prime doesnt make sense aswell if i'm not mistaken

33 minutes ago, Gerdaro said:

Valkyr Prime doesnt make sense aswell if i'm not mistaken

Actually, neither of those things contradict lore. The idea/design being given by the tenno doesn't disqualify it from being Prime, it still would've been made like every other frame, the first version with Orokin tech, then the Tenno made copy. @Thaylien can better explain Valkyr than me.

2 hours ago, Atsia said:

Actually, neither of those things contradict lore. The idea/design being given by the tenno doesn't disqualify it from being Prime, it still would've been made like every other frame, the first version with Orokin tech, then the Tenno made copy. @Thaylien can better explain Valkyr than me.

Valkyr was actually made in the Zanuka Project by those Corpus bastards

2 hours ago, Gerdaro said:

Valkyr was actually made in the Zanuka Project by those Corpus bastards

No she wasn't. All frames were originally made by the Orokin, Valkyr was just captured by the Corpus and tortured.

3 minutes ago, Atsia said:

No she wasn't. All frames were originally made by the Orokin, Valkyr was just captured by the Corpus and tortured.

This, though I consider the Prime to be somewhat lorebreaking, simply due to her appearance more closely resembling Valkyr than Gersemi Valkyr.

The concept of a prime weapon is that its the orokin original which the Tenno made a degraded copy of.  The concepts, presumably, of the Wraith and Vandal sets are that they are specially tricked out versions designed by the elite Corpus/Grineer.  The thing with the infested lab weapons is that they are actually Tenno originals.  The infested don't use guns, after all.  The Tenno presumably developed them from infested biology, since we are one of the only lifeforms that can safely research the infested.  There's not a particularly good way to make a elite version of infested stuff, because who's developing special infested weapondry?  Alad's not doing that anymore.  The Mycoma aren't technologically advanced enough from what we've seen. 

23 hours ago, Soulgazer said:

The concept of a prime weapon is that its the orokin original which the Tenno made a degraded copy of.  The concepts, presumably, of the Wraith and Vandal sets are that they are specially tricked out versions designed by the elite Corpus/Grineer.  The thing with the infested lab weapons is that they are actually Tenno originals.  The infested don't use guns, after all.  The Tenno presumably developed them from infested biology, since we are one of the only lifeforms that can safely research the infested.  There's not a particularly good way to make a elite version of infested stuff, because who's developing special infested weapondry?  Alad's not doing that anymore.  The Mycoma aren't technologically advanced enough from what we've seen. 

I dunno man, there's this telepathic chair in my orbiter that is just itching to make stuff for me. 

Also we can consider all the current infested weapons as "prototype" made by tenno in early stages. And as it improves we could get better weapon variants. 

Although there are many words that could work but I like "blight" 

Blighted weapons! Nice ring eh? 

Also if there's anything I have learned it's that DE doesn't care about lore consistency too much. If someone comes up with a viable concept it will get implemented.