Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tsoztc

submersible exterminate bug

hi! i did the exterminate on uranus a few times and the mark that show the closes enemy always pointing at the end of the map after i killed most of the enemies and no enemy spawned (i was close to the hall on the floor where u go 2 Submarine mode). to end the mission i just returned to the starting area end then a ton of enemies spawn close to me and i was able to end the mission.

is this Happened just to me?

Sadly, it is not just you. I have been running Submersible Exterminate missions on Uranus as well. Only a handful of enemies would spawn in the water, if any at all, and I frequently have to backtrack and wait around for enemies to spawn. From my experience, it's not just Submersible either; I have had to backtrack for many Extermination missions I've run since the Chimera update. However, the issue does seem a lot more noticeable in Submersible missions. Submersible Extermination missions consistently produce a rather large discrepancy in kills versus spawns by the end.

In one mission, I reached the extraction point with 32/119 kills, and I was very thorough because I was searching for something. Since I found what I was looking for, I felt obligated to stay and extract properly, so I waited for enemies to appear. In the end, the mission took 45 minutes and 30 seconds to complete.

It's still happening, I ran sycorax twice and both times, no oculysts and no underwater enemies spawned. had to abort both times.

1 hour ago, jimThehobo1 said:

It's still happening, I ran sycorax twice and both times, no oculysts and no underwater enemies spawned. had to abort both times.

try to go back to the starting point... it works for me all the time

On 2018-11-27 at 8:58 AM, jimThehobo1 said:

Yup, Sycorax, I wasted a ton of time with the enemy indicator pointing to the edge of a big open room with some white submarine things moving around but no enemies to attack... I could not get any more enemies to spawn and I was in the 90s of 150.  The mission timed out and basically told me to get gud.  Nice way to spend the little time I get to play.

I also had this happen on Uranus. I got to a (1200+m long) underwater zone with 72/150. I reached the end having seen 0 enemies underwater. I surfaced and looked around for more. Seeing no enemies. I had to end the mission because it's clearly broken. I tried again with the same result. I guess I'm just not doing that syndicate mission today.

10 hours ago, SarnathFalls said:

I also had this happen on Uranus. I got to a (1200+m long) underwater zone with 72/150. I reached the end having seen 0 enemies underwater. I surfaced and looked around for more. Seeing no enemies. I had to end the mission because it's clearly broken. I tried again with the same result. I guess I'm just not doing that syndicate mission today.

Same here, but SOME (not enough) spawned at surface. I think its that extraction point that's bugged

It was the same extraction tile both times for me, so that probably is the source of the issue. I think it's the same tile as described previously.

On 2018-12-04 at 11:34 PM, CarbonSX said:

I wasted a ton of time with the enemy indicator pointing to the edge of a big open room with some white submarine things moving around but no enemies to attack

I also encountered the problem yesterday. Was helping a friend clearing Uranus, but 3 times we did the extermination missions, we had to abort. No enemies spawning, and the enemy indicator guided us through the whole underwater labyrinth (2min of just swimming, no enemies spawning). Ended underwater, according to the indicator enemies should've been spawning underneath me. Nothing. Swam back, nothing. Indicator going all over the place 😕 Comming from point A, directed to point B, no enemies, guides us back to A, no enemies, guides us back to B, no enemies.... etc. This should be a priority bugfix because it kind of makes Uranus unplayable, and defenitly NOT fun. You start the mission, and halfway it just bugs out. Waste of time trying to play Uranus exterminate missions, we just gave up.

yeh, I'm in sortie 1 right now. Marker leads to (underwater) extract after 115 of 245 killed. And there's ~2 km of travel through an underwater labyrinth back to land.

I think I'll skip sorties today...

35 minutes ago, SimilarMcM said:

yeh, I'm in sortie 1 right now. Marker leads to (underwater) extract after 115 of 245 killed. And there's ~2 km of travel through an underwater labyrinth back to land.

I think I'll skip sorties today...

Encountered this as well except the enemies stopped spawning entirely after about 15 minutes and we still had 100 left to kill, while also encountering this water splash bug

Same, the mission asked to kill 353, yeah THREE HUNDRED FIFTY THREE enemies, and at 200 kills the next red waypoint was located after 400m of underwater passages, We ended at extraction and there were no enemies

Same here, fewer than 200/319 after we made it to extraction

Had to wait another 15 mins or so at extraction for squads to spawn there for us to kill

I had the same issue during today's Sortie.

Whenever there was an underwater sequence nothing would spawn and I'd be stuck at the end with nothing to kill.  In my case nothing ever spawned, so I had to restart the mission until it gave me an instance with no underwater zones.

Same thing happened to me as well (today's Sortie). Went subversive and the target indicator led to a open dead end with no enemies.

13 minutes ago, jimThehobo1 said:

please DE at least remove that tile for now, it's IMPOSSIBLE  for new players to even progress past Uranus.

Well, at least very hard to progress, I managed to do the sortie mission simply because the extraction point was different, I'm certain that the underwater extraction point is the problem,

I love playing warframe and I hate mean/salty players but I am really frustrated with this Uranus exterminate underwater submersible sortie stage. I got to 168 out of 322 enemies and then no enemies spawned for the last (underwater) 850m. I also went to check and the very first stage on Uranus (mandatory) is an underwater submersible exterminate stage, that means that anyone who didn't get past Uranus before this glitch and wants to continue the star chart cannot. I managed to do a stage like this but It was a different tileset and it wasn't bugged. What frustrates me the most is how even if you keep trying the mission attempting to get a non-glitched tileset, you would have to abort the mission (usually several times) and it updates your account information, saying you've quitted missions (and it wouldn't even be the players fault). Also one more problem I've noticed is when I was forced to abort, the game didn't load past 3/4ths of the loading bar, could this be another glitch?

Finally onto my suggestions; if maybe the developers could delete the tileset from the options and leave the one/s without water only for now, just until they manage to fix this bug and test it. I didn't mean to be salty, just meant to get my points across.   🙂

On 2018-12-13 at 11:46 AM, jimThehobo1 said:

Well, at least very hard to progress, I managed to do the sortie mission simply because the extraction point was different, I'm certain that the underwater extraction point is the problem,

all of u tried to  go back to the starting point? i think that the problem is that the enemies didn't spawning in the water... so if u go back far from the water...

Ran the full length of the map twice... I think jimThehobo1 above might be on to something about the underwater extraction as I now realize the timer that kicked me from the mission was the extraction countdown.

Whenever I get that underwater extraction tile, no enemies spawn for me either. If the extraction is on ground then when everyone stands at extraction more enemies will spawn in the tile right beforehand and I can at least finish the mission, albeit with much frustration, but if it is the underwater extraction that doesn't happen. In fact, I haven't seen a single underwater enemy spawn on Uranus since the Chimera update. I have run Uranus Exterminate about 30 times in the last week trying to hunt down my last Kuria doll, and not once have I encountered a Draga or Shock Draga.

Side note: The issues of not enough enemies spawning before extraction also happens to me on the Grineer Shipyard tile set too, but more will come eventually if everyone stands at extraction.