Thanzilla

It is very frustrating losing all kuva on disconnect in Taveuni.

Recommended Posts

Happened a few times to me so far. I got dc and lost all kuva even if I reconnected. When you do 40+ min runs that's really frustrating. So not only do you not get more kuva for fighting higher level enemies you also run the risk of losing it all on an internet hickup the longer you stay.

The expensive solution that comes to mind is dedicated servers. The cheap solution is to ping the server for rewards every five to ten minutes. If the rest of the squad fails the mission while dced then the rewards are removed

Can you please do something about this mission? If not, then replace endo with kuva in the new arbitration missions. 

Edited by Thanzilla
Added possible solution
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

don't do long missions with unstable connection. there is really no other feasible solution

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rawbeard said:

don't do long missions with unstable connection. there is really no other feasible solution

Are you a DEveloper? How can you say something like that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Thanzilla said:

Are you a DEveloper? How can you say something like that?

If DE doesn't know you got drops, then how are they supposed to give them to you? Take you at your word? What should they do about the mission, the mission doesn't disconnect you. Love the jump right to replacing Endo - that everyone needs - with Kuva - something not everyone needs, just because your connection to the host was bad.

12 hours ago, Thanzilla said:

So not only do you not get more kuva for fighting higher level enemies you also run the risk of losing it all on an internet hickup the longer you stay.

Almost like you shouldn't do 40+ min runs...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Thanzilla said:

Happened a few times to me so far. I got dc and lost all kuva even if I reconnected. When you do 40+ min runs that's really frustrating. So not only do you not get more kuva for fighting higher level enemies you also run the risk of losing it all on an internet hickup the longer you stay.

Can you please do something about this mission? If not, then replace endo with kuva in the new arbitration missions. 

:nerd: Enable FPS in the options menu

watch closly in the bottom left cornor 

you see stats about the FPS and memmory + ping

this ping is an piority to look at

if you are above 200 ms you are gonna have an bad mission to play

even when you starting to hit around 400 ms ping is realy worse then you shouldnt do the mission 

with this you can prevent missions that will have an terrible delay, and you having an more smooth connection to play with

around 90 ms and 150 ms are ok 

- Be sure that you have the right ports open for warframe

- Be sure that you have no disruption on wifi <-- if you have that one connected ( devices in the area can cause trouble on the wifi )

--- so far my content --

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, peterc3 said:

If DE doesn't know you got drops, then how are they supposed to give them to you? Take you at your word? What should they do about the mission, the mission doesn't disconnect you. Love the jump right to replacing Endo - that everyone needs - with Kuva - something not everyone needs, just because your connection to the host was bad.

Almost like you shouldn't do 40+ min runs...

The expensive solution that comes to mind is dedicated servers. The cheap solution is to ping the server for rewards every five to ten minutes. If the rest of the squad fails the mission while dced then the rewards are removed.

 

Oh and I don't need endo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Thanzilla said:

Oh and I don't need endo.

And I don't need Kuva. However, every single mod released and yet to release needs Endo to rank up and, last I checked, Rivens still need Endo to rank up as well. Endo drops work for the majority of the players and there are several dedicated Kuva farming modes already.

4 minutes ago, Thanzilla said:

The expensive solution that comes to mind is dedicated servers.

Given the game is free to play, this is essentially DE throwing away money for a solution that doesn't magically solve anything.

5 minutes ago, Thanzilla said:

The cheap solution is to ping the server for rewards every five to ten minutes.

Increasing network activity and strain and increasing the likelihood of a host migration, the thing you are trying to solve.

  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So you think the server doesn't.usually get pinged every five to ten minutes for normal missions?

 

If you don't have some sort of authority on the matter then don't speak like you have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Thanzilla said:

The cheap solution is to ping the server for rewards every five to ten minutes.

Warframe client already communicates with the servers a lot. Much optimisation goes into lessening the amount of communication that goes between client and server, to aid in better latency. Pinging the server routinely to save you loot, because you lost connection to the host/DCed doesn't sound very useful to me especially when very few players have this problem.

The solution i'd recommend if you're having connection issues you either; host your own missions, solo Taveuni, or get a more stable net connection.
Or all of the above.

  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, UseNet said:

Warframe client already communicates with the servers a lot. Much optimisation goes into lessening the amount of communication that goes between client and server, to aid in better latency. Pinging the server routinely to save you loot, because you lost connection to the host/DCed doesn't sound very useful to me especially when very few players have this problem.

The solution i'd recommend if you're having connection issues you either; host your own missions, solo Taveuni, or get a more stable net connection.
Or all of the above.

 

1 hour ago, Thanzilla said:

If you don't have some sort of authority on the matter then don't speak like you have.

I literally just did 3 missions, two kuva floods and one 5min taveuni run with the internet unplugged. I only went online at the exit screen. So that means no communication whatsoever to the servers.

 

So for the last time, stop trolling/spamming/not saying anything constructive. I will actually report further messages like this so please keep it civil and be mindful when posting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Y'know every single person who has replied to your thread, your answer to them was basically 'shut up you're not DE you can't talk'.

But let's not forget...

5 hours ago, Thanzilla said:

 I will actually report further messages like this so please keep it civil and be mindful when posting.

Fwiw you can freely report me if you like, i've been nothing but civil and tried to offer you assistance so i have nothing to worry about. You on the other hand, if you falsely report people might find yourself in trouble.

  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes you did the one thing. Now try and do the others as well. My responses have been like this because you and others speak of things that you can't possibly know unless you work for DE. And you don't. So don't spam this thread with nonsense. 

 

I would appreciate it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.