Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should I be reporting leeches in ESO?

Chaos.Blades

Question

Today I had a match with 2 EV trinity and 1 Limbo. After 2 zones all three players had less than 10 kills. The limbo was completely 0 in all states. All 3 had nothing but garbage unranked weapons. Should I be reporting these players? I was looking and I don't even think I know how to report a player. Just over the past couple of days, I have seen several limbo, EV trinity, as well as a few volt that just stand at the portal spawn point occasionally pressing 4. I have never had a serious issue with leeches before but ESO seems to be a problem. I see a lot of players leaving after the first zone as well.

Make a party via recruitment or play solo. Otherwise be ready that your feelings and opinions will not matter to your mates in public games. Btw I also did leech as lvl 10 Limbo having lvl 10 primary in ESO yesterday and had to be revived a couple of times. Although I did feel a little shame for it, still that was more like a "sorry, not sorry" moment. And btw I did kill mobs rather well using decent melee and secondary.

On the other hand I have farmed Khora, having low MR or crap gear players joining and to be honest they really didn't bother me because I could get to required rotations even if they couldn't kill anything.

In short I'm hinting at the fact that in most occasions people that complain about low level/gear players leeching in public games in most occasions are those who can't do stuff themselves and are mad that they didn't get monster team to do the job for them.

EDIT:

I'm talking about SO not ESO, but I guess a game with 3 leechers in ESO would end lightning fast naturally.

Edited by (PS4)Black_Adder_

If you can solo ESO with 3 leechers around, why not solo it?

And rank 0 weapon can be potatoed and formaed, and with high MR player it can perform better than many rank 30 weapons. But yeah that's an odd case there.

Whenever I level weapons I bring at least one good weapon with me, common courtesy.

You have a good chance to report the Limbo player, but I wouldn't hold my breath with Trinity, at least they give EV and blessing. And I don't get why people bring EV Trinity to ESO, blessing is much better build for survivability and more than enough for your energy needs. Stupid comes in many shapes I guess.

1 hour ago, Chaos.Blades said:

After 2 zones all three players had less than 10 kills.

This part here counters every "maybe their weapons are formaed and they are still helping"

Take screenshots from both the stats screen and they themselves in the mission and submit a ticket to support reporting them

Dude go do a recruitment in the recruit chat and you will end up with a ton of focus

And I am a buffer or a DPS and sometimes I bring my formaed Arca plasmor with a lens installed before the forma and I kill good and buff good and ended up geting 220k focus with 89% most DMG dealt when I am saryn

vor 21 Minuten schrieb ZeroMR:

This is a multiplayer game, so why should he play solo,

This is something I agree with.

vor 22 Minuten schrieb ZeroMR:

whereas others show questionable behavior?

But you could also say this thread is questionable, without any proof, and no, I am not asking for naming and shaming.

2 hours ago, Chaos.Blades said:

Today I had a match with 2 EV trinity and 1 Limbo. After 2 zones all three players had less than 10 kills. The limbo was completely 0 in all states. All 3 had nothing but garbage unranked weapons. Should I be reporting these players? I was looking and I don't even think I know how to report a player. Just over the past couple of days, I have seen several limbo, EV trinity, as well as a few volt that just stand at the portal spawn point occasionally pressing 4. I have never had a serious issue with leeches before but ESO seems to be a problem. I see a lot of players leaving after the first zone as well.

You should play in a coordinated teams with friends or clan members if you mind randomness of public squads.

For all those saying "why do you care, more focus for you". I already have everything worth having in focus and it is like 98% completely finished anyways. I don't care about focus anymore. I just want to play with people that at least try without having to make a custom group every... single... time. I am not asking for MR25 all Saryn groups either. Just people that actually play the game. I have no issues carrying people. I run Tridolon PUGs and carry without any complaints because those players are actually trying. But these people in ESO are one step away from AFK. They come in with no intention to play the actual game mode.

Has anyone actually sent proof on a support ticket? How did they respond? Was anything actually done that they indicated?

Edited by Chaos.Blades

It's a public match I assume, 

There are more factors at play than just damage you know. 

I have myself Completed missions as a slova with less than 10% damage overall  with either a wrong build weapon or one I was Levelling, but I was never expected to do damage and I was still contributing indirectly. 

"they did not do damage and were garbage" won't really hold any water as a statement, was limbo casting cataclysm and keeping things in stasis and reviving downed players? Or was he only staying in the rift and not even moving?

If the later then it is bad manners but not against any rules.

Were the trinity casting bless and ev? Then they too were contributing in a way though not how you might have expected. 

Also were you using a very good weapon? 

I have once completed a spy mission in which I killed maybe 3 people but my damage was so high on each count I contributed to 57% or something to overall damage. So you may be skewing the damage by your actions slightly.

The players do not have to play as you expect them, 

When you enter a pub match you roll the dice and hope for the best,

you may have a good squad or a bad squad. 

I would like it (if I was hosting) to kick out a leech or a rude player, but a formal complaint or report? Probably not. 

18 hours ago, Drachnyn said:

You are already solo'ing the mission. Why do you even care about what other people are doing? All they do is generate more enemy spawns for you to kill and get more focus, so why complain?

Because toxic people are entitled to their demands. 

I just wanted to point out that I'm one of those volts but I am not afk at all, nor am I leeching (most times you are from me😁), I am hiding behind a shield and watching the timer for when I can do my discharge again.

The advantage of having a max range volt do so;

• Yea sure there's damage, it's not as awesome as saryn, but for the first 4 zones its effective at damaging everything.
  • Each enemy hit within the wave (range that for the most part, covers every ESO map tile), becomes a tesla coil, and is stunned for 4 seconds
  • Any enemy outside that wave, that walks within 25metere (my range) of a tesla coiled enemy, will also be zapped and stunned for the remainder, as well as damaged
  • I'm not positive, but it seems like, discharge might help spread saryn's spores? All I know is with a saryn I can keep trucking past zone 8 with only energy being an issue. (but that might just be sayrn's awesomeness too)

Why I do it and what I am doing:

• Most efficient way to blow through daily focus cap
  • Just farming focus, and hoping for vandal parts
  • I will typically setup with some shields near the conduit spawn point, usually near the center of the map if possible.
  • Don't bother resing me, I will use a revive, just here for focus.
  • Because of the build, my volt is super squishy with things lvls 70+. Which is why I'm hiding, behind a shield, by the exit.
  • Sometimes I run around a little and use the gram prime, which is amazing with volt's 2 and quite entertaining, especially if there are many infested as discharge isn't that great versus them and their parasite / leecher eximus drain everyone's energy

Public Service Announcement on Affinity / Focus farming (I've tested this with friends)

• Affinity is 100% shared as long as you are within affinity range. (stay by the volt & sayrn!)
  • Shared affinity comes in as a base of 75% to all equipped weapons, and 25% to your warframe.
  • The most effective way to farm focus (aka affinity) is to have an eidolon lens on your warframe (preferably a damage dealer) and an eidolon lens on 1 weapon. ONLY bring that weapon.
    • This is for a few reasons:
      • If you're landing the kills with your warframe ability, then 100% of the affinity you get from those kills, is going to the warframe.
      • If you're landing the kills with your weapon, 50% goes to that weapon, and 50% goes to the warframe
      • If you're NOT landing the kills, 75% goes to your weapon, 25% goes to the warframe. 
  • If you want to level weapons, as you can see above, you will get more by not doing the killing with them and from Shared Affinity.
  • If you want to level a warframe, well the best amount of affinity you can get on a warframe is by killing with it's abilities, as you would net 100%. Otherwise the second best option is to have a maxed out really good weapon, as you will get 50% with that weapon's kills.

The reason I added this is the wiki is worded poorly and rather confusing, and constantly people want to argue that getting the most kills gets the most affinity; shared affinity is 100% so that isn't true at all. Warframe is a team game afterall. Hope this helps.

Edited by Argenex

21 hours ago, Chaos.Blades said:

Depends, i also go trinity to lvl up weapons, i leave the killing to other players but i still contribute if needed.

Afk is reportable if the players aren't doing anything at all, i mean static gameplay, hiding somewhere, not moving, aiming or casting abilities, if they walk around then i don't believe you can report them.

Well, this is just my personal opinion, I think ESO is very much like other game modes in this game; amat victoria curam, prep up if you want to thrive, so if you're complaining about leechers in a public match, then I don't think you're prepared enough. Recruitment chat is there for a reason, mainly to prep a good run.

I also ran a lot of public matches, sometimes being the leecher, sometimes being the leeched, but I don't think it's toxic in any way. That's the downside of a public match, you don't know what you're jumping into.

The only one leeching was the Limbo.

Trinity in ESO doesn't kill. Either Trinity is weapon leveling, or Trinity is focus farming. In both cases, killing things is the exact opposite of what you want to do to maximize affinity getting to the proper point. Better to just ev/blessing spam to support your team so they can kill better.

Blame DE for crappy affinity design.

Edited by Erytroxylin

9 minutes ago, Erytroxylin said:

The only one leeching was the Limbo.

Trinity in ESO doesn't kill. Either Trinity is weapon leveling, or Trinity is focus farming. In both cases, killing things is the exact opposite of what you want to do to maximize affinity getting to the proper point. Better to just ev/blessing spam to support your team so they can kill better.

Blame DE for crappy affinity design.

So if you are an EV trinity and everyone in the squad has full energy and overshield do you A) Keep casting EV or B) Kill something. If you answered A you would be wrong. This is not a pre made Bere group this is a ESO pug.

I don't think DE sees this as a valid reason for reporting someone.

And that's where it ends really. Some people approve of this being a thing, others don't. But this is the way DE made it and the report feature seems to lack this situation so...you could always just bail on the squad in the first zone and restart in the hopes for a different squad. Yeah that's not as great "solution", but there's no other option really. 

35 minutes ago, Chaos.Blades said:

So if you are an EV trinity and everyone in the squad has full energy and overshield do you A) Keep casting EV or B) Kill something. If you answered A you would be wrong. This is not a pre made Bere group this is a ESO pug.

I continue to press 2 because it does  % damage? And press 3 4 1. By the time I do all that it's time to press 2 again and start the combo all over because trinity has ridiculously short duration. Literally spam 2 3 4 off cooldown with 0 downtime to shoot gun if you feel like it.

If everyone in your squad is constantly cap energy then they aren't spamming enough.