Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Completely change it

(XBOX)VIOLATER X

One day while playing with some friends we were talking about conclave because a new guy was asking about it. We all replied with the same answer "dont worry about it, its nothing, its a garbage PvP" which i think most of the community would agree.

While were talking though I had the idea to replace it with something new called faction wars. Basically what that would be is you create your own grineer and corpus and maybe even infested. It would involve customizing everything from weapons and appearance and even abilities (such as arc traps, ratels, blunts etc). The reason I think itd be a good switch is the PvP is too fast paced, if you spend a couple hours in conclave now you'll see just what I mean.

Doing this would mean a less tedious experience where everyone isnt bullet jumping away from each other after they get low on health. Plus I think it would be really cool to put our feet in the shoes of our enemies and im sure something like this could turn into its own game yaknow, possibly other game modes like exterminate, survival, defense, and even invasions would be pretty fun too.

I think the only thing warframe lacks is a really solid multiplayer and that can't be achieved with the power of warframes. Anyway tell me what y'all think, maybe with some luck the devs will read this and take it into consideration.

no, just drop the PVP idea. there is a reason that stuff dies out every single time they attempt something with it. the playerbase at large is not interested, those interested are not dedicated. it's just a waste of time and resources better spent on anything else

6 minutes ago, (XB1)VIOLATER X said:

I think the only thing warframe lacks is a really solid multiplayer and that can't be achieved with the power of warframes. Anyway tell me what y'all think, maybe with some luck the devs will read this and take it into consideration.

But we have multiplayer in the game already. Because Warframe is a coop-shooter.

What you may mean is a solid pvp. And do we really need such a thing? Let's be real, DE has problems making PvP happen. And that's fine, because devs do not have to be good at everything. DE makes solid PvE. If you want PvP you should play another game.

The problem with recent game-developement is that devs try to make everyone happy. And by everyone I mean every single person on the planet happy.
And every single person thinks they have to get pleased by all the devs in the world.
But that's not how it should work. Devs should just make the game they want to make. And they will gather an audience that likes the game. And if some people don't like the game, then these people should just leave and look for something the like.

So ontopic again: 
Is PvP in Warframe bad? Hell yeah.
Do we need PvP? Hell no.

And btw. do you have an idea how much work it would be to let us design our own grineer or corpus? How difficult this is to make? Especially because of balance.

I could see some form of Battlefield Warframe or Warframe of Duty kinda game. Preferably the Battlefield kind with bigger maps, some vehicles and the corpus vs grineer setup based around typical fps classes with balanced modless weapons.

Simply no hitscan weapon, which wouldnt be a problem if you use corpus and grineer as the base for this mode since many of their weapons are projectile weapons, even down to the most basic like Dera and Grakata.

18 minutes ago, (XB1)VIOLATER X said:

While were talking though I had the idea to replace it with something new called faction wars. Basically what that would be is you create your own grineer and corpus and maybe even infested. It would involve customizing everything from weapons and appearance and even abilities (such as arc traps, ratels, blunts etc). The reason I think itd be a good switch is the PvP is too fast paced, if you spend a couple hours in conclave now you'll see just what I mean.

Doing this would mean a less tedious experience where everyone isnt bullet jumping away from each other after they get low on health. Plus I think it would be really cool to put our feet in the shoes of our enemies and im sure something like this could turn into its own game yaknow, possibly other game modes like exterminate, survival, defense, and even invasions would be pretty fun too.

What you suggest is what used to be Dark Sectors when they where introduced. You had to build your rail, specters and whatever defensive options where available to you. Players would either join to destroy your rail or to defend it. It had many issues one of them being Ash bladestorming everything. PvP is honestly not something for warframe.

39 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

What you may mean is a solid pvp. And do we really need such a thing? Let's be real, DE has problems making PvP happen. And that's fine, because devs do not have to be good at everything. DE makes solid PvE. If you want PvP you should play another game.

I've said this as well many times.  Those who refuse to look at reality will continue to view the world instead through reality-bending-wishful-thinking-rose-colored-glasses. DE tried (still is) fixing conclave multiple times and attempted making their own pvp game (Amazing Eternals) that got cancelled before even getting an official release.  It's all in the cards, DE is not where one should go for a great pvp experience.

Those who enjoy conclave for what it is now and can actually find people to play with by being in the right timezone during the right playing hours should be happy it's there at all.
Cause I sure as hell miss playing Trials, not for the rewards (never really cared for them) but I enjoyed the camaraderie of it with friends and clan mates and all. So I just playing Dying Light with friends if I get the need to play something that gives me similar experience.  Easy.  Other games exist, Warframe isn't the only game ever. Us playing other games doesn't automatically mean WF is a bad game. Most people crave playing different games.

1 hour ago, Keiga150 said:

What you suggest is what used to be Dark Sectors when they where introduced. You had to build your rail, specters and whatever defensive options where available to you. Players would either join to destroy your rail or to defend it. It had many issues one of them being Ash bladestorming everything. PvP is honestly not something for warframe.

Im not saying that im saying we should actually be the grineer or corpus not our warframes.

For example say we're doing team deathmatch, for that my chosen loadout for grineer would be

Primary- vulkar

Secondary- nukor

Melee- mechete

And for abilities i would probably want a grenade, a roller, a blunt, and maybe a firebomb like the hyekkas use

What i want is a pvp thats more focused towards coordination not just jumping all over and all the peices are there yaknow, animations, maps, weapons, customization we already have the resources. The reason the pvp is bad and no one enjoys it is because we have too much power with warframes. Make us lancers or crewmen then its much more enthralling since the person im shooting at cant fly away out of no where which means youd actually be able to play a pvp game

Edited by (XB1)VIOLATER X
I mean pvp when i say multiplayer