Jump to content

Fortuna Delay?


(XBOX)GearsMatrix301
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

So with everyone’s rage against Garudas 4th ability making DE change it before she’s even out can we expect a 1-2 week delay to Fortuna?

thats no Rage lol. most of her kit is dull and just fused copies of other Frames Skills.

Im pretty sure they do it like they always do: release a barely playable Frame, fix alot in the first 2 weeks and than leave it, no matter if its better or not 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DE has stated that content for Fortuna will be released in parts as it gonna be a big update so if they were gonna delay are blood an gore lady it wouldn't affect the release for Fortuna as DE would just put it into a later update if they change up her kit.

I personally want to play her kit as it is as will be pretty fun playing with all that cherry koolaid i was seeing floating about

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

DE has stated that content for Fortuna will be released in parts as it gonna be a big update so if they were gonna delay are blood an gore lady it wouldn't affect the release for Fortuna as DE would just put it into a later update if they change up her kit.

I personally want to play her kit as it is as will be pretty fun playing with all that cherry koolaid i was seeing floating about

I'm trying to find the article I read last night that confirms the "release in parts" thing you mentioned, because in it Rebb was interviewed and said Garuda was coming after the initial launch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From what i understand, they wanted to release fortuna in parts AND one of the XBox streams Megan said Garuda probably wouldn't be released on the initial Fortuna launch. 

So no, the "hate" towards that ability probably won't delay the initial launch of Fortuna. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

DE has stated that content for Fortuna will be released in parts as it gonna be a big update so if they were gonna delay are blood an gore lady it wouldn't affect the release for Fortuna as DE would just put it into a later update if they change up her kit.

I personally want to play her kit as it is as will be pretty fun playing with all that cherry koolaid i was seeing floating about

Well, if your forum tag as an XB1 player means anything, it's that you'll have to wait regardless...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

we have frames with similar abilities as others

its not just similar.

Her 1 is Valkyr augment Jump+Volt shields and Mirage 4

her 2 is a different Version of Well of Life

her 3 is Rage(and will most likely be useless)

her 4 is Danse Macabre on low Range.

 

But its kinda obvious that she will get a different kit at/shortly after release

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Kyoresh said:

its not just similar.

Her 1 is Valkyr augment Jump+Volt shields and Mirage 4

her 2 is a different Version of Well of Life

her 3 is Rage(and will most likely be useless)

her 4 is Danse Macabre on low Range.

 

But its kinda obvious that she will get a different kit at/shortly after release

Remember when people were saying “Nidus isn’t good, he’s just a copy/paste of other frames abilities” and here he is being one of the best frames in the game, so I don’t think “copy/pasting” immediately makes a frame bad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Remember when people were saying “Nidus isn’t good, he’s just a copy/paste of other frames abilities” and here he is being one of the best frames in the game, so I don’t think “copy/pasting” immediately makes a frame bad.

which Skills of Nidus are copies?

And Nidus has Synergy, as Garuda has Counter Synergy. get more dmg on low hp, has at least 1 heal skill.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Kyoresh said:

has at least 1 heal skill.

Same with Nidus

Also Garuda’s Damage buff would affect her Ability/Weapon damage so it would most likely be similar to Rhino’s Roar than Chroma’s Vex Armor.

Edited by VPrime96
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Kyoresh said:

which Skills of Nidus are copies?

And Nidus has Synergy, as Garuda has Counter Synergy. get more dmg on low hp, has at least 1 heal skill.

People said his 

1 was just narrow ice wave

2 was worse Vortex

3 was just single target trinity link

4 was only original ability.

 

but yeah, Garudas passive needs to be changed.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

So with everyone’s rage against Garudas 4th ability making DE change it before she’s even out can we expect a 1-2 week delay to Fortuna?

Nope.

If that were the case, it'd be delayed indefinitely.

Seriously, I'm surprised DE cater to players' whims as much as they do...again, probably a carryover from my experiences with games created by Russian / Eastern European devs.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i generally feel DE should reveal a frames abilities, at least the idea/concept earlier because players can give the best feedback. in the end players need to have fun with a frame and a huge part of that is a creative, new kit but also a good one as that. sure sure, surprise factor...but then the surprise needs to be good unless its supposed to be a negative surprise. if a kit is legit new and creative, np...but garudas 4 especially was so obviously uncreative it could be called a copy/paste so it shoudnt have been such a late reveal in the first place. fortuna is maybe 2 weeks away...which means theres not a lot of time to review her. if she was revealed 1 month back that time window wouldve been much better to actually do a proper overhaul.

its a good decision to review her, truly. the criticism was legit for the most part and many of the ideas from the comm are great. can only judge those few ive read but still that are already some ideas to work with.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

People said his 

1 was just narrow ice wave

2 was worse Vortex

3 was just single target trinity link

4 was only original ability.

 

but yeah, Garudas passive needs to be changed.

lol. Never heard that before...

 

48 minutes ago, VPrime96 said:

Same with Nidus

Also Garuda’s Damage buff would affect her Ability/Weapon damage so it would most likely be similar to Rhino’s Roar than Chroma’s Vex Armor.

but Nidus doesnt get stronger in low HP...good job ripping that out of context 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, spirit_of_76 said:

no, I think it would be better if her passive was that she consumed health to cast her abilities and had an innate 5-10% life steal on melee

So a passive Hysteria but a berserker - ish ability useage would be cool (Hysteria have 5% Life Steal so that’s why i mentioned it).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...