In need of Mesa build

(PSN)AstralSaiyan

Question

13 answers to this question

Hello Tenno, 

The generic go to build involves

high duration (more than 190),

sufficient strength (more than 145)

and high efficiency (160 if your duration is more than 160)

Range is not essential but try to keep it near 100 if you can as it affects the shooting gallery stun range which helps you against enemies that try to get close, it does affect your peacemakers but not significantly. 

Mesa is a sustained ability frame, you want most of your abilities active to be most effective and survivable hence high duration (2 and 3 should be active at all times) 

Your shatter shield DR caps at 145 strength, more is good but the damage rise of your ultimate depends more on your peacemaker builds than strength after about 180.

Peacemaker is channeled ability so getting max ability efficiency will net you more dps as you can keep it longer. 

Suggested mods are

primed continuity, narrow minded (r6 or r7),augur message or constitution

fleeting expertise (max),

umbral intensify, umbral vitality,

this will get you the stats I suggested , you might need a reach to overcome the range reduction of narrow minded. 

Exilus can be either power drift or the waltz augment, 

Aura is again personal preference CP or growing power can work really well.

The last mod you can use to either balance the build or add attributes for whatever you feel lacking. 

Hope I have helped. 

that's what I'm using

qPmSIp1.jpgrange doesn't matters for mesa at all, Mesa Waltz is nice, but personally for me it feels really unnecessary. If you don't want to invest formas, get rid of power drift, constitution and transient fortitude. Narrow minded, fleeting expertise, flow and continuity (very recommended to have this one primed) are base, and you can add anything else on top of that by your desire. Also select any aura of your choose. 

As for regulators I came up with this 

vz3adaI.jpg

would not say that it's best build, but it definitely works

I basically use the same build as Rsod25, but I would say Waltz is a must-have... I took it off after using it for awhile and I hated it. I got used to the mobility even if it is at half speed but the fact that with high duration and efficiency you can stay in redeemer mode and while you're not shooting the recticle grows back out, which with negative range it shrinks rather quickly. Also, Arcane Velocity x2 is amazing if you can get your hands on them.

Not many people think about it but I would also recommend taking the Intensify and vitality out and replacing them with their Umbral mod equivalents. The Umbra mods stack off each other making them stronger so you could add a little extra ability strength and health if you're willing to put in the extra formas for it. Plus mesa's waltz is a must as Rustmonger pointed out. I also run Corrosive Projection rather then Pistol AMP(PA) due to seeing very little difference with PA in testing.

As for Regulators, I personally run (Barrel Diffusion, Lethal Torrent, Frostbite, Pathogen Rounds, Hornet Strike, Primed Target Cracker, Primed Pistol Gambit, Primed Heated Charge)

14 hours ago, mmmjuice said:

I'm a little confused,  the wiki says 119% strength is enough to Max damage reduction from her 3. Additional strength would be for damage purposes then? Or in umbral case, to enhance the vitality version? 

Its enough for shatter shield ,

if , for some odd reason, you want to create a tanky mesa but dont want to do any actual damage you can stay at 119% strength,

but all her abilities benefit from Strength so there is really no reason to stay at the minimum value.

On 2018-10-26 at 4:01 PM, rsod25 said:

that's what I'm using

qPmSIp1.jpgrange doesn't matters for mesa at all, Mesa Waltz is nice, but personally for me it feels really unnecessary. If you don't want to invest formas, get rid of power drift, constitution and transient fortitude. Narrow minded, fleeting expertise, flow and continuity (very recommended to have this one primed) are base, and you can add anything else on top of that by your desire. Also select any aura of your choose. 

As for regulators I came up with this 

vz3adaI.jpg

would not say that it's best build, but it definitely works

Mine is similar for Mesa but instead of intensify i have the Umbral variant, Pistol Amp is kinda bugged (or is it intended?) at the moment , and the damage boost is subpar , growing power would bring more utility, Also would suggest having the Arcane Velocity, will notice much better dps than any damage arcanes.

Mesa:

FId3O7Q.jpg

Also I dont use Transient fortitude (and since no negative duration i dont need constitution), i have put stretch & augur reach for some range though you could use something else too, i could probably add one more forma and get vitality replaced by the umbral variant , but then i would be left with less flexibility , so this will do for now until that polarity becomes an option.

Regulators:

X5Tfh6O.jpg

The regulators are pretty much the same but i use the primed variants, yes they are not maxed , i know , i will do it ... eventually , Choose the 2x elements as per faction , Gunslinger is also a valid option over augur pact.

in current state they are enough for most available content ,Mesa is too squishy at very high levels - her lack of mobility will screw her every time even with waltz equipped.

Edited by 0_The_F00l

25 минут назад, 0_The_F00l сказал:

i have put stretch & augur reach for some range

Regulator's range is unaffected by warframe's range, overall peacemaker is not affected by range in any way, it has fixed range of 50m which can't be changed, circle also does not gets affected by range. Range only really affects 2nd skill which... could be useful but there won't be harm if you sacrifice it's range for extra survivability or/and damage

as for primed mods I would like to have them, but kiteer didn't happened to have them during the time I was playing and buying them off market for just single frame is not an option for me

As for waltz it's totally up to personal preference. Btw if going for tanky builds adaptation+vitality will make mesa nearly invincible

1 hour ago, rsod25 said:

Regulator's range is unaffected by warframe's range, overall peacemaker is not affected by range in any way, it has fixed range of 50m which can't be changed, circle also does not gets affected by range. Range only really affects 2nd skill which... could be useful but there won't be harm if you sacrifice it's range for extra survivability or/and damage

as for primed mods I would like to have them, but kiteer didn't happened to have them during the time I was playing and buying them off market for just single frame is not an option for me

As for waltz it's totally up to personal preference. Btw if going for tanky builds adaptation+vitality will make mesa nearly invincible

Personal preference ,

Also Range affects the reticle radius and shatter shield return radius, not really a big deal, but i like to cover more of the FoV to target more enemies.

As i said replace with whatever you feel and are comfortable with.

Adaptation works well on any frame with some sort of DR , but the build of mesa is pretty tight , and one more mod will not fit unless i build it specifically for survival and forma accordingly - will definitely work though.

P.S. just make sure there are no bombards, 80% of teh ddeath i get in high level are bombards

Edited by 0_The_F00l

If you are still looking for a build this ones mine. Feel free to add another Forma and use an Exilus of your choice. I don't need any and with Mesa Prime around the corner I'm not spending an Adapter on her

ellTS8w.jpg

this is actually an older build. I switched Stretch for Augur Message since Range doesn't give me any significant advantages

9LaBDxq.jpg

edit:

you want to use Fire rate mods over Damage mods (Anemic > Augur pact eg). It adds way more dps

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

Range isn't a thing. Try not to go too low though, no lower  than 65-75.

Anemic agility is for very high power strength builds, meaning 200 and above. Otherwise, don't use it. 

Waltz is awesome, everyone should use it. It conveys certain advantages that aren't immediately apparent.. 

37 minutes ago, SaidTheRogue said:

Anemic agility is for very high power strength builds, meaning 200 and above. Otherwise, don't use it. 

I have to disagree. My build with 155% does more damage with Anemic than Augur

37 minutes ago, SaidTheRogue said:

Waltz is awesome, everyone should use it. It conveys certain advantages that aren't immediately apparent.. 

Imo it's wasted. You can use Peacemaker while Bullet Jumping and since the reticle becomes smaller with consecutive hits I activate Peacemaker no longer than 1 or 2 seconds before jumping to the next spot where I want to use it again. This way you have both mobility and still have enough damage to kill a Lv 100 Nox in under 2 seconds

3 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

I have to disagree. My build with 155% does more damage with Anemic than Augur

Imo it's wasted. You can use Peacemaker while Bullet Jumping and since the reticle becomes smaller with consecutive hits I activate Peacemaker no longer than 1 or 2 seconds before jumping to the next spot where I want to use it again. This way you have both mobility and still have enough damage to kill a Lv 100 Nox in under 2 seconds

I use waltz on mine and have 0 problems with lvl 100 Nox true they dont knock die in 2 seconds but dont have issue as they do blast damage so they effectively neutralized as they are most times on ground

None of that made any sense. Activating peacemaker while jumping is a trick everyone knows but the reasons for using waltz have nothing to do with damage. 

As for anemic, the math on this has long since been worked out, apparently there's some point of inflection/breakpoint at I think 190 strength. Below that youd use the usual. Above that then yeah, anemic. I don't care for anemic cuz I'm able to get by just fine with double arcane velocity haha