Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Official Necro Ability Discussion

[DE]Megan

Sounds amazing and I want him...

at least I did until you said his 3rd won't be Life-Drain but some cheesy wannabe-CSI-move. What use will 'Search the dead' have that would be better and more fitting than a Life-Drain!? Search the dead just seems like the worst move to have ever.....ever.

Other than that I still want him though.

If you are really dead-set on giving him the CSI-move; I guess I can still play him using just 3 of his abilities.

Search the Dead seems like a wasted ability. Why do we need a WF power that does essentially the same as a current mod (master thief) and the new sentinel. It seems to be so situational to be almost useless.

Unless he can get red orbs out of corpses, there really is no use for this. Hell, corpses expire so quickly in this game, and that's ANOTHER issue.

Soul punch is probably the best name for a power ever.

Life drain seems like it could be really strong if mixed with the Equilibrium mod. Significant energy and health.

Edit: And now life drain is gone? I think I liked that better than search the dead.

Not gone, just not in the current powerset.

I like his powers, he affects every part of warframe, both logistical and actionable.

I have a question, does his Ult only clone the dead that he has killed, or his entire team?

If it's the former,his 3 should be some sort of AOE that can actually kill.

If it's the latter, then his 3 should have some more utility other than just looting dead bodies like a hobo, maybe revive teammates from a range;AOE HP drain for Necro only; be immune to CC?

Either way I do not like his 3.

Let me get this straight. We're getting a sentinel to collect items. Why do we need a warframe ability to COLLECT ITEMS??? Or is it just not described clearly?

The rest sound perfect. Necro could've ended up playing too similar to Nyx, glad it didn't. The Ult is like a supersized Mind Control, but different enough to not seem redundant.

It makes the potential for NEW items, it's a logistical power.

Please consider scrapping Search the dead entirely.
-Bodies disappear quickly.
-Mixing powers and loot. It is bad. It will be EXACTLY like drop% gear in diablo: If you don't use it, you feel like you're missing out on stuff. If you DO use it, the gameplay suffers. Like always stopping for corpses, always bringing a necro solely for this ability, teams of 4 necros standing around, extracting stuff out of corpses.
-It has nothing to do with necro-ness. Anyone can SEARCH corpses.
-Most people will want their loot from breaking containers and breaking opposition.
-Since the items just pop out when someone dies, it is generally assumed that these are the only items he had. Otherwise you'd have infinite ammo from all the grineer you kill, because all of them have guns, and all of them have infinite ammo. So if someone tells me that Sargas Ruk actually DID have an Orokin Cell almost every time and I just DIDN'T LOOK HARD ENOUGH, my frame will just facepalm and seppuku right there.
-There are probably TONS of better ideas for a third power out there.
-There are better ideas for a third power in my head. Like right now. The worst idea that I can think about, that is still BETTER than Search the dead is Necro not having a 3rd power at all. That's how bad it is. Some better ones: Life drain sounds awesome and is probably much better, however it works / An AoE emphasizing that this guy deals in nanobots. Like winds of death or something. / Bone harpoon. Reels in some poor sap for you to coup de grace. / Fling a ball of nanobots at a dude to eat him up. If he dies while the bots are on, he instantly turns into one of your borg. I could go on.
-Come on! This is freakin' Necro in freakin' WARFRAME!!!! Make him BADASS!

EDIT: I started writing this in the last few minutes of the livestream. Since then, ~20 more people objected to the above described. Now I'm done writing.

Edited by hyperkayak

I'm still in love with this frame's motif and art direction, but his gameplay doesn't look like it will be very fun.  Soul Punch sounds like a great 1 skill, but the Terror Totem sounds a little iffy with current AI mechanics, but I can see its appeal.  Search the Dead is purely for farming and doesn't really promote playing him for any reason other than farming.  Clone the Dead drifts a little too far into RPG territory for me for the simple fact that I don't know that I want what is essentially more than one sentinel (two if we count Nyx's Mind Control).  As an action game, spawning minions to do the action for you seems detrimental.

Edited by EelPlus

His name should be something like Alteron, or Hadea ( Huh-Day-Uh ) a play on the name Hades. Revenant, Revan ( if only ).

Since Soul Punch is still subject to change, here are some possible names for his 1:

Cold Touch

Hand of The Damned.

Hand of The Dead.

Hand of Fate.

I think to make his first ability just alittle more unique and not just a "reskin" of other frame's 1's is at max rank it should target at least 2 random enemies in a small aoe cone of at least 30 degrees.

His 2 seems like a very good CC ability, will definitely come in handy in Corpus/Grineer defense missions. Doesn't really need any kind of change, all I hope is that the Totem looks scary and such.

Search The Dead should be activated before the enemies start getting slaughtered. In a way it's like 'priming' enemies for more/better loot. Right now, it just sounds like you have to activate it after you've killed off the room. This ability sounds like it will be useful for defense, maybe it would help to increase the rarity of mods and cores hopefully.

Clone The Dead, I wouldn't mind having other names like "Rise of The Dead" or "Dead Reborn" as his 4. It sounds like it does indirect damage instead of direct damage which would be a first for the game, definitely looking forward to seeing this ability work in-game. But it sounds like it could/might work like Nyx's Chaos, only the undead will be fighting back hopefully, otherwise it sounds like a "reskin" of Chaos.

All in all, he seems to be a more balanced frame, but his first ability does leave something to be desired, but he does seem like a good frame for defense missions.

Edited by __Kanade__

His name should be something like Alteron, or Hadea ( Huh-Day-Uh ) a play on the name Hades. Revenant, Revan ( if only ).

Since Soul Punch is still subject to change, here are some possible names for his 1:

Cold Touch

Hand of The Damned.

Hand of The Dead.

Hand of Fate.

I think to make his first ability just alittle more unique and not just a "reskin" of other frame's 1's is at max rank it should target at least 2 random enemies in a small aoe cone of at least 30 degrees.

His 2 seems like a very good CC ability, will definitely come in handy in Corpus/Grineer defense missions. Doesn't really need any kind of change, all I hope is that the Totem looks scary and such.

Search The Dead should be activated before the enemies start getting slaughtered. In a way it's like 'priming' enemies for more/better loot. Right now, it just sounds like you have to activate it after you've killed off the room. This ability sounds like it will be useful for defense, maybe it would help to increase the rarity of mods and cores hopefully.

Clone The Dead, I wouldn't mind having other names like "Rise of The Dead" or "Dead Reborn" as his 4. It sounds like it does indirect damage instead of direct damage which would be a first for the game, definitely looking forward to seeing this ability work in-game. But it sounds like it could/might work like Nyx's Chaos, only the undead will be fighting back hopefully, otherwise it sounds like a "reskin" of Chaos.

All in all, he seems to be a more balanced frame, but his first ability does leave something to be desired, but he does seem like a good frame for defense missions.

Going to comment on the Chaos reskin thing and say that: The dead clones will not just be going ham on eachother, like with chaos. They will only go after enemies. This is quite a big difference, seeing as if you have enough clones they could all just overwhelm 1 target at a time.

Not to happy bout any of them. I can see TerrorTotem being used to make room to revive a teammate. But even that sounds un necromancer like.

Search the dead? You chose that OVER Life-drain?!? What sounds more necromancer like: Stealing someone's life force or searching a corpse? (Rhetorical.)"gathering items"? Whats that mean? ammo? energy/affinity/health orbs? Mods? Credits?

Or his 4th? make that his 3rd and make his 4th a corpse explosion/damage buff/miasma like dot that turns any killed into more clones/zombies.

Soul punch: make it so every enemy killed by it adds a floating sphere/whisp increasing the damage or duration of his 2nd 3rd or 4th, That would be necromancer like. Necro's all involve either DoT's or minions or some mix of the to. You have ONE power minion related and we aren't even sure if that's base on their level when you killed them or your powers rank.

Necro's also involve sacrifice. Either your life or your minion's life or the collected souls of your enemy's to unleash devastating attacks.

Edited by Veryk

2TP2PHE.jpg

You heard it right Tenno, new abilities for Necro are in the works! We discussed our current plans and are interested in your thoughts and discussion.

Please post all discussion about Necro abilities here so we can easily keep track.

Recap:

SOUL PUNCH: Direct X% damage that knocks the soul out of them, 5% armor debuff, stacking.

TERROR TOTEM: Necro deploys a totem of terror, causing X number of enemies within radius to

freeze in fear; the rest will flee.

SEARCH THE DEAD: Gathers items from dead enemies.

CLONE THE DEAD: Necro creates friendly nano bot clones of the last X enemies he has killed.

My thoughts

SOUL PUNCH (know-how): mag-like pull, drag and pull enemies in the cone, crush them against the floor, inflicting 50\100\200\500 damage and reducing their armor by 5% per SP use (stackable)

ABOMINATION (self-buff): sacrificing his shield, nekro absorbs the souls of his fallen enemies, growing up a bone spike armor upon himself. Up to 2\4\8\10 kills grants 1000\1500\2000\3000 absorbing damage, renewing by every new kill.

TERROR TOTEM(team-based buff): 10\15\20\30 sec long deployable skull, sticking to any surface, producing a link-like jumping beam (2\3\4\6 jumps), with 50% chance to freeze and 50% to cause panic

LICH WRATH(ult): 10\15\20\30 sec buff, twicing team shield and health regen, spilling them from nearby (10\15\20\30 meters radius). If Nekro falls durin the wrath buff, he's able to resurrect himself

Edited by MECT0HET

I do like how you took the idea I had and built on it. I agree some sort of necro shadow would be cool. almost like a reaper with a cyth or something.

Yeah it makes sense,my idea would be that it would be your shadow that you call forth that has two different modes.

The shadow would have its own set of stats (health, power, armor etc) and is increased each level the ability is ranked up and affected by mods like duration and power mods and maybe health and shield mods scaled differently so it isnt overpowered.

The first mode would be attack mode where it fights for you with its own set of attacks and powers (no guns, strictly melee and powers). Maybe small aggro to help draw enemies away from you when you need it. If no enemies are present then he would help pick up items for you such as grabbing a mod you've missed.

The second mode would be a defense mode where the shadow shields your body from incoming attacks, maybe by shielding you with its body or placing a shield aura on you (these are 2 different defense ideas, he would only have one of them). If it would shield you with its body then it would be transparent so you can at least see and shoot instead of having something block your vision.

If it places a shield aura on you, then maybe it would be similar to captain Vor's shield thing just with mobility, not completely black maybe transparent, and has a damage threshhold. If no enemies are present then he reverts back to your shadow and very slowly regenerates your health.

Edited by crivers

SOUL PUNCH: Direct X% damage that knocks the soul out of them, 5% armor debuff, stacking.

TERROR TOTEM: Necro deploys a totem of terror, causing X number of enemies within radius to
freeze in fear; the rest will flee.

SEARCH THE DEAD: Gathers items from dead enemies.

CLONE THE DEAD: Necro creates friendly nano bot clones of the last X enemies he has killed.

Name suggestion: Charon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charon_%28mythology%29

Soul Punch: I really like the idea of debuffing armor but I'm worried about how the ability would be casted. Is it like Fireball which has a travel time or is it more like Mind control and just requires you to target an enemy? Personally I prefer the latter but over all as a concept, I'm fine with Soul punch.

Terror Totem: Crowd control abilities are one of my favorite types so an ability to disperse a crowd away is fantastic. If it can be deployed away from Necro as Decoy can, this could prove an amazing tactic to remove enemies from cover or keep them away from a downed enemy so you can revive. I am absolutely 100% excited about it.

Search The Dead: I'm quite surprised that this was considered a serious idea. An ability that pulls in resources from enemies on a Necromancer themed Warframe? It's ridiculous in itself but if such a thing worked with Mags pull I could at least be able to connect the dots. I cannot support this idea even as a joke. In my opinion, the Life drain ability sounded infinitely more promising than this. I can imagine it would drain health from nearby enemies and restore your own. As much as I love support abilities that heal or buff the team, I feel as though it should only heal Necro.

Clone The Dead: This ability I'm sort of on the fence about. I really like it, and it certainly fits the theme but when I think of it as an ultimate ability, it feels lacking. I do like the slight skill involved about paying attention to who you kill in order to maximize it's potential. The idea of more or less raising the dead is cool and certainly not an easy feat but exactly how many could be revived would determine for me how useful it is. Being able to resurrect 10 as a max sounds too much, especially at higher levels, but then again, moving down to 5 doesn't sound worth it. Over all the ability in itself is very interesting as a sort of buffed version of mind control and I want to hear more.

Edited by Haldos

So we have a Sentinel who has to do with collecting loot, and we have a Power 3 of Necro frame searching corpses for loot? It feels really boring to be honest, even more so than the simple, yet effective "life drain" concept.

Edited by Casardis

I have a question, does his Ult only clone the dead that he has killed, or his entire team?

If it's the former,his 3 should be some sort of AOE that can actually kill.

If it's the latter, then his 3 should have some more utility other than just looting dead bodies like a hobo, maybe revive teammates from a range;AOE HP drain for Necro only; be immune to CC?

Either way I do not like his 3.

Any idea of reviving teamates will automatically become OP if im honest with you, imagine a team of 2 necros, a trinity, and a rhino o.o

though i agree with him needing a HP drain