Arbitration Idea

Auron471

Instead of Invulnerability drones, lets give the enemies something else.

In SC2 there is an arcade game called Guardians of the Obelisk, and every few minutes the enemies gain a "boon unit" this unit will buff the enemies so long as it stays alive. I think we should do that too.

On survival and excavation missions, i think that every 1 and a half minutes or so an enemy with 3x health and 5 random eximus abilities should spawn somewhere on the map. The enemy does not run after the players and gives off a large radius pulse every few seconds to signal where it is. It is not marked with a waypoint. It also has the ability to summon cannon fodder to aid in battle.

Boon Buffs: +5% dmg, +5% health +5% speed(speed for ALL actions), +5% enemy spawn rate and spawn cap

The amount of boons that have spawned should be displayed somewhere on the screen.

On Defense,and interception, Boons wont really work that well so perhaps a random starchart boss could spawn every 2 waves. The boss should be of the appropriate faction.

Waves in the defense and interception will continue to pass even if the boss is not dead. For example, if you kill all the regular enemies in wave two, and the boss is still alive, wave 3 will start after 10 seconds.

Every boss that is alive will inspire the normal enemies giving them the normal boon buffs, but 2x.

I feel this would be far more exciting to play than just trying to play "can you spot the drone".

Edited by Auron471

Increasing enemy speed is a dangerous road to go down. Even if small, forcing sped up enemies on players can be frustrating due to lack of reaction time from heavy unit fire. I would rather see increased enemy spawns over speeding up the low enemy counts. 

51 minutes ago, Auron471 said:

Instead of Invulnerability drones

Great idea, remove the only thing sitting between players and immediately hard CCing the entire map to kill at their leisure.

This is the opposite of exciting game play, at least for me.

34 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Increasing enemy speed is a dangerous road to go down. Even if small, forcing sped up enemies on players can be frustrating due to lack of reaction time from heavy unit fire. I would rather see increased enemy spawns over speeding up the low enemy counts. 

The fun of a Speedva showing up in a PUG and no Speedvas even need to join.