Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I need some help buddies (Cheap Warframe gaming PC Build)

HawkStrattus

So I'm currently learning about hardware but idk enough to do this on my own optimally yet, I need a pc capable of running Warframe at 60 fps or higher (preferably with Max graphics, necessarily with medium graphics). With fortuna coming in November I need one that can handle it and Poe at minimum 40 fps medium graphics, I'm sick of low fps in Poe. I need everything except speakers/headphones (it needs keyboard, monitor, and mouse) and Ill use a free version of Windows 10. What's the cheapest build you can make with my requirements, if it's over 700 USD then what's the best I can get for $700? I'd really appreciate some help, thank you.

I live in the USA (Florida to be exact)

I am planning to major in computer science online (University), that's pretty much the only other use besides gaming.

I have a MacBook Air 2013, probably over clocked tbh, (no warranty)

I do not want the CPU or Ram having been used for mining nor a CPU that's been burnt out.

I would like good cooling, don't want the CPU burning out.

No used items please, only certified refurbished, except the case, that can be used as long as no case fans, don't need a case with wared fans.

I have Amazon prime so that's a useful tool for refurbished goods.
Items that can be Manufacturer Refurbished (only grade A or higher, preferably with a warranty):
Case
CPU
Keyboard (I don't care if its mechanical or not) and mouse
Ram

- Sincerely, a slightly buttered croissant

Edited by HawkStrattus
Did a lot more research, and 60 fps or higher

• what Region do you live in? is me basing it off of US pricing spot on, or going to result in some varying prices when you go to actually buy stuff?
    • (i know you spoke in USD but i still gotta ask to be sure)
  • do you have preferences for your Input Devices, or is just something decent going to do it for now? (ala are we talking finding an entry level Mechanical Keyboard or is just some decent Membrane Keyboard acceptable, Et Cetera)
  • what are you using currently? are we sure that nothing can be repurposed?
  • do you have any other needs of your computer? is it used for making a living or anything?
  • do you have any objections to used components that have good pictures and haven't been abused?

1 hour ago, taiiat said:
  • what Region do you live in? is me basing it off of US pricing spot on, or going to result in some varying prices when you go to actually buy stuff?
    • (i know you spoke in USD but i still gotta ask to be sure)
  • do you have preferences for your Input Devices, or is just something decent going to do it for now? (ala are we talking finding an entry level Mechanical Keyboard or is just some decent Membrane Keyboard acceptable, Et Cetera)
  • what are you using currently? are we sure that nothing can be repurposed?
  • do you have any other needs of your computer? is it used for making a living or anything?
  • do you have any objections to used components that have good pictures and haven't been abused?

I live in Florida, USA

I am planning to major in computer science online (University), that's pretty much the only other use besides gaming.

I do not want the CPU or Ram having been used for mining nor a CPU that's been burnt out.

No used items please, only certified refurbished, except the case, that can be used as long as no case fans, don't need a case with wared fans.

Items that can be Manufacturer Refurbished (only grade A or higher, preferably with a warranty):
Case
CPU
Ram

Edited by HawkStrattus

I7 lol. In a $700 build. To play Warframe. I3 is enough, as are Ryzen lower priced quad cores. 1050ti saves on psu cost as it is availlable as motherboard power only.

Two of my lads, one has a G3258, the other a Q9550. HD 7950 and 1050ti, both have 8gb of memory in their systems, running Windows 7 ultimate on 1080p monitors. 

1 hour ago, HawkStrattus said:

No used items please, only certified refurbished, except the case

so presumably, some Multi-threaded capability is also useful and desired.

uhhh.... Refurbished products are Used? (though purchasing from individuals willing to take good pictures and not hide stuff is generally a lot more cost effective than Manufacturer Refurbished)

anyways here's just something hastily thrown together (don't actually buy this, i didn't take the time to match the Memory with the Motherboard, Et Cetera).
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/DJHGtg
you might see that there's a bit of a problem here. already notably over and not everything is there yet (find a Case that you like that doesn't commit Cooling atrocities, that's basically what your price goal seeks for).

there are some spots that trimming can be done since some things aren't the minimum requirements to function but when it's just a few bucks more for higher performance Parts, it seems like a no brainer. either way if you really wanted you could trim ~$50 or so.
and some of the Parts are chosen for aiming to actually hit your performance target in all situations (holding 60 including when Hosting a 4 Player Squad regardless of what Mission).
since Warframe is completely CPU bound once you leave potatoPC zone, in the heavier, poorer performing situations, with most any decent GPU you will be able to have all the pretty bells and whistles on that you want since almost every single Video Setting is GPU and like everyone else your bottleneck will be the CPU. for whatever that is worth, then

so being open to used options may be worth considering.

Edited by taiiat

4 hours ago, HawkStrattus said:

So I'm currently learning about hardware but idk enough to do this on my own optimally yet, I need a pc capable of running Warframe at 60 fps or higher (preferably with Max graphics, necessarily with medium graphics). With fortuna coming in November I need one that can handle it and Poe at minimum 40 fps medium graphics, I'm sick of low fps in Poe. I need everything except speakers/headphones (it needs keyboard, monitor, and mouse) and Ill use a free version of Windows 10. What's the cheapest build you can make with my requirements, if it's over 700 USD then what's the best I can get for $700? I'd really appreciate some help, thank you.

I live in the USA (Florida to be exact)

Case
CPU
Ram

- Sincerely, a slightly buttered croissant

Well I dunno what your budget will stretch to, so I'll just list my rig:

CASE: Zalman Z11

CPU: AMD FX 4350 Black Edition (4.2 GHz)

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050Ti

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 MHz (2 8GB sticks)

MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX

KEYBOARD: Logitech G910 (rather fancy mechanical gaming keyboard)

MOUSE: Corsair Scimitar Pro (gaming mouse with 12 side buttons)

The case, CPU, RAM, graphics card and motherboard cost me around £650 around 4 years ago, so will likely cost a fair bit less now. The keyboard & mouse are fairly recent additions and relatively pricey - you can get decent gear for less. I also forked £30 for an upgraded CPU cooler. These vary in price, but you can pick them up pretty cheap. Bought most of my gear from Amazon's UK site.

I easily get 40-50 fps on Plains of Eidolon and 60+ on other maps. Graphics settings are a mix of medium and high. Thinking of upgrading my graphics card for better eye candy.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZQbgXP
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZQbgXP/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1400 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($133.90 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI - B350 PC MATE ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($69.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($45.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Video Card  ($159.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $469.75
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-26 08:32 EDT-0400

the CPU could be lowered a class, but everything is just for reference

Power supply depends on the PC case

mouse/keyboard doesn't really affect gameplay, so choose whatever you like

You're probably gonna be best served by buying a prebuilt these days. Individual component costs have risen due to the prevalence of crypto currency miners.

I can find many prebuilt PCs for around 600-700 that get you i5/1050ti level performance. If I try to do that just buying individual parts, It ends up being around 800-900 instead.

So, my advice to you is to go to a site like newegg/tiger direct and just do a search. Apply the filters for your price and certain features and take a look at what comes up.

Edited by Erytroxylin

1 minute ago, Erytroxylin said:

You're probably gonna be best served by buying a prebuilt these days. Individual component costs have risen due to the prevalence of crypto currency miners.

I can find many prebuilt NPCs for around 600-700 that get you i5/1050ti level performance prebuilt. If I try to do that just buying individual parts, It ends up being around 800-900 instead.

This.

First and foremost, check Warframe's minimum requirements here:  https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/System_Requirements

I suggest taking a trip to your local Best Buy (or their web site) to see what's out there. They sell pre-built gaming computers of all budgets. Then you can compare what you actually need vs. what you can actually afford.

Newegg also sells pre-built gaming systems and barebone kits that you can assemble yourself.

32 minutes ago, _Urakaze_ said:

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZQbgXP
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZQbgXP/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1400 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($133.90 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI - B350 PC MATE ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($69.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($45.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Video Card  ($159.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $469.75
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-26 08:32 EDT-0400

the CPU could be lowered a class, but everything is just for reference

Power supply depends on the PC case

mouse/keyboard doesn't really affect gameplay, so choose whatever you like

this looks great

13 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Would also point out that paying extra for a SSD instead of a regular HDD is worth it, as it can reduce loading times significantly.

They are not cheap though. My 520GB Corsair SSD set me back around £130.

Is it worth having warframe on ssd tho? Warframe is such a fast game

As others have mentioned, its probably better to just buy it prebuilt for this price range. Everything that you custom build, remember that you need to tack on an extra $100 for the operating system, unless you already own a copy. Then there is also the cost of a monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers/headphones.

Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IPY2XC0/ref=psdc_13896597011_t2_B07645B962

I'm not familiar with the company and I'm also not super knowledgeable about AMD products. But it has good reviews, its capable of playing warframe, and for its price you also get a keyboard, mouse, and Windows 10. This will give you some extra for a monitor if you need one, as well as some speakers/headphones.

Edited by IntheCoconut

14 minutes ago, IntheCoconut said:

As others have mentioned, its probably better to just buy it prebuilt for this price range. Everything that you custom build, remember that you need to tack on an extra $100 for the operating system, unless you already own a copy. Then there is also the cost of a monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers/headphones.

Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IPY2XC0/ref=psdc_13896597011_t2_B07645B962

I'm not familiar with the company and I'm also not super knowledgeable about AMD products. But it has good reviews, its capable of playing warframe, and for its price you also get a keyboard, mouse, and Windows 10. This will give you some extra for a monitor if you need one, as well as some speakers/headphones.

that CPU(everything that is AMD by not Ryzen is pretty crap) and GPU(pretty old stuff and not really powerful, worse than most of the latest gen GPU) is why it is cheap

edit:

lol that GPU is worse than GTX 1030, don't buy it

Edited by _Urakaze_

you don't need much to run Warframe at 60fps @1080p. I can manage that with a Gen 1 Ryzen 3 1200, 8gb DDR 4 and a Nvida 960 OC. At launch R3 launch it cost me about £250 for the Mobo, memory and CPU (comes with a good cooler) Now you can get the Gen 2s for about the same as I did the Gen 1 and if you hunt about you can get double the memory.

Edited by Redspace0095

3 minutes ago, _Urakaze_ said:

that CPU(everything that is AMD by not Ryzen is pretty crap) and GPU(pretty old stuff and not really powerful, worse than most of the latest gen GPU) is why it is cheap

It was just an example. Honestly there are a lot of options on amazon for <$700, but yes, the OP would have to do some research. I picked that one because it was the first on the search result, and I saw a video of someone running Warframe using the R7 with 50-60 fps. 

I build PCs all the time on a budget for businesses.

If you're trying to save money (as all businesses do), then you'll want to go for an AMD processor (at least a FX 8300 series) and motherboard -- preferably something last gen that uses DDR3 memory -- get 16gb of it.  For motherboard, you're looking for something from Asus preferably (but Gigabyte is fine, or maybe even MSI in a pinch) -- in the $60 to $100 range -- you don't need an integrated graphics card, but that would be a nice backup just in case -- you'll still want an integrated audio chip, though.  And then for graphics card... eh... I would spend something around $300 on it so it'll last you for maybe 4 years of gaming.

You can get cheap gaming cases in the $30 range -- mid size, that'll take a micro atx motherboard.

A 500W power supply will do -- I'd probably go with something from Corsair..

You cerrtainly don't need a current gen processor for gaming.  My home gaming computer is an i5 3570k (6 years old now!) and that cpu doesn't bottleneck ANY game at 1920x1080 @ rock solid 60 fps -- and its paired with a nvidia 1070ti gpu.

Edited by Daemonjax

The first big question I would have regards whether you feel comfortable building or would you prefer the warranty assurance of a pre-built.

You can find barebones PCs on Amazon that fit your base price point and add your own GPU as an option. You can also find pre-built PC's that fit your price point and will play WF just fine too on Amazon. I, personally, would always suggest building unless you are incapable, unable, or uncomfortable doing so but you save yourself the most money when you know what your system limitations are/will be.

The second big question I would have is... Do you have a monitor currently or do you need to buy one of those too?

Given that you are on a laptop currently that's a big question because it determines the standard your system will need to perform to.

People have a nasty habit of buying the best pc parts and then plugging them all into setups connected to outdated monitors...Wasted money. 

6 hours ago, taiiat said:

so presumably, some Multi-threaded capability is also useful and desired.

uhhh.... Refurbished products are Used? (though purchasing from individuals willing to take good pictures and not hide stuff is generally a lot more cost effective than Manufacturer Refurbished)

anyways here's just something hastily thrown together (don't actually buy this, i didn't take the time to match the Memory with the Motherboard, Et Cetera).
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/DJHGtg
you might see that there's a bit of a problem here. already notably over and not everything is there yet (find a Case that you like that doesn't commit Cooling atrocities, that's basically what your price goal seeks for).

there are some spots that trimming can be done since some things aren't the minimum requirements to function but when it's just a few bucks more for higher performance Parts, it seems like a no brainer. either way if you really wanted you could trim ~$50 or so.
and some of the Parts are chosen for aiming to actually hit your performance target in all situations (holding 60 including when Hosting a 4 Player Squad regardless of what Mission).
since Warframe is completely CPU bound once you leave potatoPC zone, in the heavier, poorer performing situations, with most any decent GPU you will be able to have all the pretty bells and whistles on that you want since almost every single Video Setting is GPU and like everyone else your bottleneck will be the CPU. for whatever that is worth, then

so being open to used options may be worth considering.

Thank you all so much, in regards to used parts, I'm afraid of ending up with some CPU or Ram used for mining, what should is safe to buy used and a good idea to rather than refurbished?

16 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

The first big question I would have regards whether you feel comfortable building or would you prefer the warranty assurance of a pre-built.

You can find barebones PCs on Amazon that fit your base price point and add your own GPU as an option. You can also find pre-built PC's that fit your price point and will play WF just fine too on Amazon. I, personally, would always suggest building unless you are incapable, unable, or uncomfortable doing so but you save yourself the most money when you know what your system limitations are/will be.

The second big question I would have is... Do you have a monitor currently or do you need to buy one of those too?

Given that you are on a laptop currently that's a big question because it determines the standard your system will need to perform to.

People have a nasty habit of buying the best pc parts and then plugging them all into setups connected to outdated monitors...Wasted money. 

I'm going to need to buy a monitor, think I should go for a 4k one lol?

Just now, HawkStrattus said:

I'm going to need to buy a monitor, think I should go for a 4k one lol?

Budget determines options.

Given your stated price point...I'd say 1080 unless you find better used or refurbished for the same price.

You could also opt to splurge on a great monitor and finance a compatible rig to connect it to.

Personally, in your place, what I would do is separate the two expenses...

Alot $800 to the price of the pc

Alot ~$200 to the price of the monitor

...and then break them out over time.

Buy the monitor first...save a few more bucks up and buy the PC next or vice versa and connect the new pc to your TV monitor instead for a while.