Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I need some help buddies (Cheap Warframe gaming PC Build)

HawkStrattus

2 hours ago, Gerdaro said:

Is it worth having warframe on ssd tho? Warframe is such a fast game

Well I don't know - I've not played it without a SSD, so I don't know if its significantly slower. I do know it has improved the playability of several other games.

Thing is its never a good idea to build a PC around a single game or bit of software, as you invariably over time use it for other stuff. I think having a SSD would be beneficial - even if its not necessary for Warframe. Just my 2 cents.

9 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Well I don't know - I've not played it without a SSD, so I don't know if its significantly slower. I do know it has improved the playability of several other games.

Thing is its never a good idea to build a PC around a single game or bit of software, as you invariably over time use it for other stuff. I think having a SSD would be beneficial - even if its not necessary for Warframe. Just my 2 cents.

Yea for sure i agree with you. The only game i have on SSD is WoW because god damn those loading screens.

10 hours ago, taiiat said:

so presumably, some Multi-threaded capability is also useful and desired.

uhhh.... Refurbished products are Used? (though purchasing from individuals willing to take good pictures and not hide stuff is generally a lot more cost effective than Manufacturer Refurbished)

anyways here's just something hastily thrown together (don't actually buy this, i didn't take the time to match the Memory with the Motherboard, Et Cetera).
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/DJHGtg
you might see that there's a bit of a problem here. already notably over and not everything is there yet (find a Case that you like that doesn't commit Cooling atrocities, that's basically what your price goal seeks for).

there are some spots that trimming can be done since some things aren't the minimum requirements to function but when it's just a few bucks more for higher performance Parts, it seems like a no brainer. either way if you really wanted you could trim ~$50 or so.
and some of the Parts are chosen for aiming to actually hit your performance target in all situations (holding 60 including when Hosting a 4 Player Squad regardless of what Mission).
since Warframe is completely CPU bound once you leave potatoPC zone, in the heavier, poorer performing situations, with most any decent GPU you will be able to have all the pretty bells and whistles on that you want since almost every single Video Setting is GPU and like everyone else your bottleneck will be the CPU. for whatever that is worth, then

so being open to used options may be worth considering.

Alright, so I've spent about 10 hours straight into research so far, here's what I got

Compoments:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/TmnpWD

Case:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rosewill-Gaming-Computer-PC-Case-ATX-Mid-Tower-Two-Front-Blue-LED-Fans-MAGNETAR/173371705927?epid=2178054780&hash=item285dc24a47

Mouse and keyboard:

https://www.amazon.com/Keyboard-S101-Redragon-Computer-Improved/dp/B00NLZUM36/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1540582644&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=cheap+gaming+keyboards+and+mouse&dpPl=1&dpID=51suySQKxZL&ref=plSrch

Now if I wait till black Friday, with discounts on the ram, PSU, storage, and a 1080p monitor, it'll run me around $900, are there any components I could safely buy used? And are there any I could downgrade without dipping Bellow 60fps max settings Poe? It's all compatible btw. I looked at bundles and I haven't found any good ones, should I just buy a gtx 1050ti built pc on black Friday?

1 hour ago, HawkStrattus said:

Alright, so I've spent about 10 hours straight into research so far, here's what I got

Compoments:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/TmnpWD

Only thing I would suggest here would be to get a Certified Gold PSU and maybe up to 650w (should run quieter now and will let you upgrade other parts over time with no problems)

...But I'm persnickety about power supplies.

If the chip goes out, you lose the chip and maybe the mobo...Same with the mobo.

If the psu goes you risk losing everything but the case. 

That's just me though and EVGA builds solid psu's across the board imo....It would still be the very first thing I replaced in that system though were it mine.

9 hours ago, Erytroxylin said:

You're probably gonna be best served by buying a prebuilt these days. Individual component costs have risen due to the prevalence of crypto currency miners.

correction, due to the critical global shortage of Memory.
the world is sitting in a teetering emergency state for Memory availability. if it goes much lower, we'll just straight up run out and the world comes to a complete halt.

9 hours ago, vvhorus said:

I suggest taking a trip to your local Best Buy (or their web site) to see what's out there. They sell pre-built gaming computers of all budgets. Then you can compare what you actually need vs. what you can actually afford.

to note - pre-assembled systems that you will find at tired old big box stores (Best Buy & friends) or old world tech companies (HP, Dell, Lenovo, Et Cetera) use proprietary parts anywhere they can to save a few cents, which makes compatibility for upgrades and re-use later on very complicated or simply fully incompatible.
that doesn't mean you can't buy their stuff, but... it does come with some significant caveats.

8 hours ago, Gerdaro said:

Is it worth having warframe on ssd tho? Warframe is such a fast game

in Plains, SSD's make a big difference in loading - and so it also may in Fortuna.
for everywhere else in the game SSD's and Hard Disks perform the same in loading times.

so yes, if it's affordable/possible within ones' budget.

7 hours ago, HawkStrattus said:

Thank you all so much, in regards to used parts, I'm afraid of ending up with some CPU or Ram used for mining, what should is safe to buy used and a good idea to rather than refurbished?

it's rare that you'll find a Processor that has been being slammed by tasks like Mining for its entire life - it's economically bunk to do CPU Mining because performance/Watt is the only thing that matters for Mining and Processors are bad at that due to the way Mining works - and it's just up to looking at peoples' user listings to see if they have a history that's favorable and inspecting the product for damage.
if someone is willing to take full pictures of the thing they're trying to sell, so that you can see anything and everything about it good or bad - then you can expect the Part(s) to be in good condition.

7 hours ago, HawkStrattus said:

I'm going to need to buy a monitor, think I should go for a 4k one lol?

you can't afford it. to use a 2160p Display you'd need to buy a GPU to match with it and you just can't afford to do this without atleast doubling your budget.

2 hours ago, HawkStrattus said:

this will certainly suffice, but it's also quite over your targeted budget and it doesn't have a Case, Monitor, or Peripherals included in the total.

if you have a better idea of what you need from your non gaming side (how big the Applications you're going to be compiling will be, among other things) more targeted choices can be made.

i assume that the Programming will be atleast moderately intensive at some point, ergo why i elected for  >4Cores, as well as not skimping on Memory.
ala that >8gigs is important for Programming thesedays, and it's also important for multi-tasking which people like to do more than they think they do. it's easy to exceed 8gigs if people leave a bunch of Web Browsers open (such as Discord in a bunch of Servers and in VOIP, their Web Browser open with a bunch of Tabs open as well as perhaps some Tabs playing Video, Steam or various other 'game launcher' things) as well a a myriad of background Applications that people often have. while obviously just closing everything before playing games is an option, people seem to prefer to not which makes sense as peoples' lives get more and more interconnected, those connections become more expected to be present at all times.
and similarly Memory speeds make a sizable difference for Programming and other Application work.

and i guess i hadn't thought about it but any other games or whatever else entertainment wise you may do with the system other than Warframe may also be a factor.

as for used options, just take a look around as to what you can find in your local Cragslist section, eBay, or more specialized places (Hard Forum is a really nice place but takes a while to warm up to newcomers, may find nice people in various Communities, Et Cetera).
perhaps with any luck, you may find some used Ryzen gen1 Chips or older intel Chips (such as a used Ryzen 1600 or used i7 6700/K) and find some more appealing prices. though anything that has Flash Memory on it will still cost a pretty penny thesedays (which means CPU,GPU,SSD's,the System Memory).

42 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

Only thing I would suggest here would be to get a Certified Gold PSU and maybe up to 650w (should run quieter now and will let you upgrade other parts over time with no problems)

That's just me though and EVGA builds solid psu's across the board imo....It would still be the very first thing I replaced in that system though were it mine.

everyone makes good and bad Power Supplies, every single brand name has oustanding, borderline dangerous and everywhere in between Power Supplies for sale, heh.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯