Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Intraframe "Synergy" Perks in Squads?

boysenbeary

Just an idea I was playing with...

How about an expansion to certain special modifiers or abilities if certain frames are in the same squad together

Like, if you had a Volt and Saryn together, you got decreased enemy armour. Or Frost and Ember, Ember and Volt, etc. Or all 4 elemental warframes together in a single squad for a special buff.

Or maybe special combination abilities (combo/power moves like the fusion from Dragon Ball Z) that require players of both frames to use certain abilities in conjunction, maybe allowing for higher skill cap play.

Perhaps, Oberon and Titania (king and queen of the fairies) get a special 5th ability or passive when they are together, like a "Lovers Embrace" kinda thing?

Perhaps Banshee amplifies the effect of Octavia's music when using silence

or Mesa does extra peace-maker damage to bastilled enemies

Maybe some Chinese themed ability for Wukong and Nezha

or extra invisibility duration for Loki and Ash when they're together

(It would be an absolute programming nightmare to script ability interactions for 57 warframes with 4 abilities each)

Thoughts? Ideas?

Firstly, I'm pretty sure that'd be Interframe. You're dealing with interactions between Frames, so intra doesn't really apply.

Second, while it's a great idea, even beyond the problems with actually programming it all would be the swaths of people who'd be apt to outright leave missions where 'their' synergy needs weren't being met. Normally I'd say ignore the haters, but after playing this game for 5 years, I've seen enough of the active playerbase to know just how common of a problem that'd be.

*Interframe

Intra- means within. Inter- is between. Ninja'd

I dunno. It would be cool, but I think it's a bit cooler that there's "uncoded" synergy. Certain emergent combinations creating more effective teamwork. I think it might also be a little too prohibitively complex for the moment.

My other concern has also been ninja'd. Thanks, Rosen. Right now that group is relatively small and manageable, but if this gets put into effect it'll definitely grow.

There would be far to many frame combinations to make a special synergy for each one, however there are certain cases where the combination of two frames is greater than the sum of two parts.

7 hours ago, boysenbeary said:

Like, if you had a Volt and Saryn together, you got decreased enemy armour.

I find it somewhat amusing that you mention this, as just Saryn alone gives decreased enemy armor, which is part of why the combination of Saryn and Volt gets you (greatly) decreased enemies.

7 hours ago, boysenbeary said:

Perhaps, Oberon and Titania (king and queen of the fairies) get a special 5th ability or passive when they are together, like a "Lovers Embrace" kinda thing?

I see this is your ship. I'd like to board this ship as well.

Edited by luigislam