Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Taveuni buff when?

Wally18

Farming kuva has always been a pain. Most players prefer running Taveuni for 30m or more. But the problem is the reward is too small to encourage players to stay and need some sort of scaling. This has been a long requested change from the community.

yeah, scaling rewards there would definitely be nice. no reason to limit Kuva so much when we already have a sink for it in the form of Rivens. but DE said no, and considering that we're only getting pet vacuum now after about literally years of people asking, I wouldn't hold my breath on Taveuni getting tweaked.

DE has made it clear through a lot of changes that they don't want to put many incentives in staying longer than C rotations in missions.

That's a shame, but that's unlikely they change their view on this. Most of the community is simply not interested by long missions.

Edited by Chewarette

27 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

yeah, scaling rewards there would definitely be nice. no reason to limit Kuva so much when we already have a sink for it in the form of Rivens. but DE said no, and considering that we're only getting pet vacuum now after about literally years of people asking, I wouldn't hold my breath on Taveuni getting tweaked.

+1

Not to derail the thread but what about only now being able to pick up additional kubrows eggs? Srsly...

vor 3 Stunden schrieb trst:

You're farming Kuva wrong if you're spending more than 30 minutes in the Survival.

That's the point, the survival isn't worth the effort you put in to get the kuva. Floods are way faster and normal siphons are slightely faster. As a player I feel discouraged from trying endless survival for Kuva, if there is no incentive to go past the 7-minute mark (which some dude calculated is the best time to restart the mission). Scaling rotations as seen in arbitrations could solve this issue.

Another way simpler option would be to replace some of the sculptures in the aforementioned arbitrations with Kuva rewards. But since this hasn't been done already I lose hope as fast as that game mode is losing players.

Pet vacuum would definitely be a boon for Kuva Fortress Survival. I personally enjoy using Sentinels more because I want to comfortably collect any energy or health orbs that are nearby without having to reach for them.

Fetch would certainly entice me to use my Smeeta more with the prospect of having Charm buff my Kuva collection in the process. 

The only thing that would make Kuva Fortress Survival more appealing would be Double Resource Weekend. DE is intentionally blue-balling the community by not releasing it for a very, very long time.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

DE is intentionally blue-balling the community by not releasing it for a very, very long time.

You mean they don't like to just hand the players what is normally a Plat item, something that even stacks with the Plat item?

Why should they do it more often?

44 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

You mean they don't like to just hand the players what is normally a Plat item, something that even stacks with the Plat item?

Why should they do it more often?

Why play Devil’s Advocate and argue against on a feature that could essentially have more players play the game more, grind more, and pool in more resources for players that could essentially use them regardless of having a booster or whether it could stack with a booster for this featured weekend?

4 hours ago, Radagosh said:

That's the point, the survival isn't worth the effort you put in to get the kuva. Floods are way faster and normal siphons are slightely faster. As a player I feel discouraged from trying endless survival for Kuva, if there is no incentive to go past the 7-minute mark (which some dude calculated is the best time to restart the mission). Scaling rotations as seen in arbitrations could solve this issue.

Another way simpler option would be to replace some of the sculptures in the aforementioned arbitrations with Kuva rewards. But since this hasn't been done already I lose hope as fast as that game mode is losing players.

It isn't that the survival is bad, on average it's Kuva per minute is the same on normal Siphons. If you're able to rush Siphon missions in under 5-6 minutes then they're more efficient than the Survival. So you run the fast Siphon missions (Flood is always time efficient) then run the Survival waiting for more Siphon missions to spawn.

So the Survival is good but only as good as slower Siphons but better if you're slow at Siphons to begin with. Also when you have no Siphons to run any Kuva is more than no Kuva.

But as far as Kuva rewards being added or buffed; nobody should expect any changes at all until DE gets around to addressing Rivens. They know they have issues and I can't see them wanting to poke at that hornet's nest before tackling the bigger problems.

vor 58 Minuten schrieb trst:

It isn't that the survival is bad, on average it's Kuva per minute is the same on normal Siphons. If you're able to rush Siphon missions in under 5-6 minutes then they're more efficient than the Survival. So you run the fast Siphon missions (Flood is always time efficient) then run the Survival waiting for more Siphon missions to spawn.

So the Survival is good but only as good as slower Siphons but better if you're slow at Siphons to begin with. Also when you have no Siphons to run any Kuva is more than no Kuva.

But as far as Kuva rewards being added or buffed; nobody should expect any changes at all until DE gets around to addressing Rivens. They know they have issues and I can't see them wanting to poke at that hornet's nest before tackling the bigger problems.

If you count slow modes like survival and mobile defense siphons I agree with you. However, in the time it takes to finish one of those mission types there are usually 2-3 new siphons popping up, making them utterly useless for efficient farm. That's why I usually exclude them, which results in my Kuva/min being way higher in normal Siphons than Kuva surv. Furthermore, DE wanted Kuva Surv gains to be in between Siphons and Floods, not below or at the same level Siphons are.

I agree Rivens need work, fixed stats (numbers you get), a more efficient way to roll for stats you like (not RnG behind RnG behind RnG). Maybe most of all the disposition needs to be checked in monthly intervals and it should not be the usage overall but in that timeframe.

But for me personally these problems don't exclude reducing our current suffering of rerolling the same riven 50+ times for 3.5k Kuva every time. DE providing alternatives to a dull farm (Siphons/Floods) and an unbearably inefficient one (Kuva Survival) shouldn't break anything. Just like ESO didn't break Eidolons for focus farm and Eidolons didn't break Raids for Arcane farm (oh wait...)

I don't think it's too bad as a source of kuva

I'd prefer it to be equal to running the normal kuva siphons, since kuva siphons aren't endless in any form. If it's just an alternative to get the same amount of kuva for those with a taste for endless missions, then that's perfect for me.

But I do think that Nekros being pretty much mandatory to win (since depending on personal packets of life support becomes a necessity) is awful and closes some warframe selection diversity.

32 minutes ago, Radagosh said:

If you count slow modes like survival and mobile defense siphons I agree with you. However, in the time it takes to finish one of those mission types there are usually 2-3 new siphons popping up, making them utterly useless for efficient farm. That's why I usually exclude them, which results in my Kuva/min being way higher in normal Siphons than Kuva surv. Furthermore, DE wanted Kuva Surv gains to be in between Siphons and Floods, not below or at the same level Siphons are.

I agree Rivens need work, fixed stats (numbers you get), a more efficient way to roll for stats you like (not RnG behind RnG behind RnG). Maybe most of all the disposition needs to be checked in monthly intervals and it should not be the usage overall but in that timeframe.

But for me personally these problems don't exclude reducing our current suffering of rerolling the same riven 50+ times for 3.5k Kuva every time. DE providing alternatives to a dull farm (Siphons/Floods) and an unbearably inefficient one (Kuva Survival) shouldn't break anything. Just like ESO didn't break Eidolons for focus farm and Eidolons didn't break Raids for Arcane farm (oh wait...)

The survival is between Siphons and Floods because of the slower modes and not everyone will finish fast missions so quickly. Only if you completely exclude the slow Siphon modes and never take longer than ~5 minutes per Siphon is the Survival always worse. But again it is possible to clear every Siphon so quickly that you must wait for more to spawn which is when the Survival is the best, by being the only option.

And them not addressing Kuva currently due to Rivens needing work is the same approach they're taking with melee weapons. They won't release Revenant's sword because when they finish melee 3.0 it would just be reworked and result in wasted work anyways. If they gave us more Kuva options now and go make Rivens more efficient to roll later then we'd have an excess of Kuva or just so much Kuva to gain/stockpiled that it could trivialize a new system.

I would love more and better ways to get Kuva as I'm at the point of refusing to farm it without a booster but I'd more prefer that we avoid more band-aid fixes to the game and have meaningful content and fixes that aren't marred and delayed by said band-aids.

Its really not that bad, i Think the issue with scaling is the additional buffs you can get, from charm and a resource booster, especially if everyone in the squad has charm, then Your way more likely to get the charm activated at the right time, perhaps an ideal situation is a kuva bonus at the end, that way your additional buffs won't affect the bonus, for example extract at 5m and receive 20 extra kuva, extract at 10m get 50 extra kuva, of course i dont think those amounts would work but i think you guys get the idea