Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Xiphos Worth It?

Im_a_Turtle

Remember those Air Support Charges we got a while back? Turns out one of them, probably the most rare and obscure one "Xiphos" drops an AI Turret. After more research into it before i was planning to buy it i found in the wiki that the turret is level capped at level 30!

What is a level 30 turret going to do to enemies? Tickle them to death? At a 0.5% drop rate for the parts/ 150 plat price tag new players under level 30 are not going to be using this. Why not have the turret level scale properly like the spectres?

It's nice if you want to collect all the ships. You can sell sets for a good bit, too, because people don't really try to farm for them. As for the turrets, I don't use air support at all, so I can't speak to their usefulness, but I can't imagine it's that great for high levels. You can have more than one of them out at a time, tho, so I guess maybe they'd be at least somewhat useful for long defenses?

none of the landing craft abilities are really worth squat. Liset's Override is ok for Sorties where you can't use Ciphers, but otherwise just bring Ciphers. Mantis Med Tower isn't really necessary with health pizzas, Scimitar's bombing run is just pitiful and Xiphos Turrets are indeed capped at level 30, plus they get destroyed easily anyway. you'd get better covering fire from an osprey Specter and they not only scale but also have the added benefit of giving you shields.

all of these abilities need a rework IMO. override should lock enemies out of consoles and turn any turrets friendly, healing tower should emit a constant healing aura that doesn't require interacting with it under fire, Scimitar bombs should damage and CC enemies, and perhaps remove some armor as well, and Xiphos turrets should scale, maybe give them a protective shield you can take cover behind as well.

They're all pretty bad, but i still found Xiphos's turret to be the most useful. i've been using it in PoE especially on defense mission because the projectiles work really good to point out enemies that are closest to the defense target, they can also find enemies that are hidden behind the bushes or grasses.

2 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

none of the landing craft abilities are really worth squat. Liset's Override is ok for Sorties where you can't use Ciphers, but otherwise just bring Ciphers. Mantis Med Tower isn't really necessary with health pizzas, Scimitar's bombing run is just pitiful and Xiphos Turrets are indeed capped at level 30, plus they get destroyed easily anyway. you'd get better covering fire from an osprey Specter and they not only scale but also have the added benefit of giving you shields.

all of these abilities need a rework IMO. override should lock enemies out of consoles and turn any turrets friendly, healing tower should emit a constant healing aura that doesn't require interacting with it under fire, Scimitar bombs should damage and CC enemies, and perhaps remove some armor as well, and Xiphos turrets should scale, maybe give them a protective shield you can take cover behind as well.

Ship it!  

Also we could use a few more ship variants look and ability wise.