Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

OP Army

StrauxL

Question

I just found an army of 9 Orphid and 9 Knave specters (lv.100)(in Simulacrum) to be too overpowered. I couldn't survive for a few moment let alone kill; tried most of the warframe strategies...doesn't seem to work(the knave specter's radial disarm is too annoying). How do I defeat them?

12 answers to this question

Turn down their AI and oneshot them.:-P

But what exactly makes them overpowered?

From what i remember, Orphid specter deals large amounts of damage but can be easily avoided, summoned mobs die easily too and move slowly.

Knave specter was probably so weak i forgot it entirely.

If you get disarmed, you can still use your melee and abilities.

I mean, they ARE supposed to be bosses individually. So that probably doesn't help :tongue:.

As for thoughts, maybe Limbo? He might be able to turn off their ranged attacks at least. Combine that with his Rift Torrent to up your damage to kill them off faster.

11 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I mean, they ARE supposed to be bosses individually. So that probably doesn't help :tongue:.

As for thoughts, maybe Limbo? He might be able to turn off their ranged attacks at least. Combine that with his Rift Torrent to up your damage to kill them off faster.

Just go and rhino skin and stun and kill or just use umbra and you stay in void mode until it dies and stand still then change into and changed to operator and just repeat and enjoy the show

Ash Fatal Teleport augment + Corvert Lethality should works if you have enough survivabiliy, just be careful and don't hit Knaves when they have clones on because it will OS you.
If you don't have enough survivability, you can try Naramon void dash with Executive Dash to actually stun them.

1 hour ago, kgabor said:

Turn down their AI and oneshot them.:-P

But what exactly makes them overpowered?

From what i remember, Orphid specter deals large amounts of damage but can be easily avoided, summoned mobs die easily too and move slowly.

Knave specter was probably so weak i forgot it entirely.

If you get disarmed, you can still use your melee and abilities.

Well, they are lv.100, so cant be oneshot. Knave specter is the most annoying one(9 of them would be too much). They radial disarm you(that even cancels our abilities)(tested in the simulacrum) and then switch teleport, melee stunlock then again switch teleport...I couldn't even land a single hit before I died. They even canceled Valkyr's hysteria. They reflect damage too when they use the decoy ability, so I take a glass cannon and they shatter me easily.

1 hour ago, kamyung said:

Just go and rhino skin and stun and kill or just use umbra and you stay in void mode until it dies and stand still then change into and changed to operator and just repeat and enjoy the show

As for rhino skin, again Knave's radial disarm cancels it, or 9 of those Orphid specters would do the job since they have abilities from Saryn who specializes in armor stripping. Umbra would be flunged around here and there until he is out of the arena and then you would spawn as umbra and die instantly.

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

Haven't tried with Limbo, but I guess they would disable him too. Maybe he can stay safe in the rift but whats the point if he cant come out of it to deal damage.

31 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

Ash Fatal Teleport augment + Corvert Lethality should works if you have enough survivabiliy, just be careful and don't hit Knaves when they have clones on because it will OS you.
If you don't have enough survivability, you can try Naramon void dash with Executive Dash to actually stun them.

Yes that might work, but what about those gas clouds from molt and viral procs of orphid specter..maybe rolling gaurd might help!...Just imagine a huge army of those and boosted to lv.150..perfect weapon for the sentients to put against the tenno in the new war.

2 hours ago, StrauxL said:

Umbra would be flunged around here and there until he is out of the arena and then you would spawn as umbra and die instantly.

Yah but sometimes umbra uses your abilities as soon as you pop out like 2 (I remember cause it was scary the sound they make) and he keeps using his three and two combination

Have you tried the inaros? Lol like when you die you just suck life and from there you keep on winning by a bit LOL 

2 hours ago, kamyung said:

Yah but sometimes umbra uses your abilities as soon as you pop out like 2 (I remember cause it was scary the sound they make) and he keeps using his three and two combination

Have you tried the inaros? Lol like when you die you just suck life and from there you keep on winning by a bit LOL 

+ for Inaros. His pocket sand (Dessicate) should affect Warframe Spectres. A dagger with covert lethality should do the rest. IIRC.

For history reasons.

I managed accidentally to come to @StrauxL ingame and we found a few combinations that can handle the specters:

- Stealth, naturally, is effective vs enemies. So Loki, Ash and Octavia handle them with ease. Only beware of the knave's decoy, because it reflects damage.

- Saryn can cast her spores, spread it to all spectres and wait for all of them to die.

- Naramon's disarm disables their special abilities. You need to disarm all spectres and then finish them of with weapons.

Generally there are no opponents too though for us, the tenno.

Edited by scourge213

1 hour ago, scourge213 said:

For history reasons.

I managed accidentally to come to @StrauxL ingame and we found a few combinations that can handle the specters:

- Stealth, naturally, is effective vs enemies. So Loki, Ash and Octavia handle them with ease. Only beware of the knave's decoy, because it reflects damage.

- Saryn can cast her spores, spread it to all spectres and wait for all of them to die.

- Naramon's disarm disables their special abilities. You need to disarm all spectres and then finish them of with weapons.

Generally there are no opponents too though for us, the tenno.

Except for a extermination mission where you need to kill 100 enemies and all of them are bosses like vay hek,orokin derelict assassination boss and some relay enemies which is abilities imune and rhino and valkyr is always together with a Nidus that uses his 2 and your disarmed when your hit by it and pulled near or into it

And it has a 10min time limit lol

Edit:would Tbh like to see the dev do something like that and instead of max 4 players it is max 14 players to make it doable

Edited by kamyung

6 hours ago, kamyung said:

Except for a extermination mission where you need to kill 100 enemies and all of them are bosses like vay hek,orokin derelict assassination boss and some relay enemies which is abilities imune and rhino and valkyr is always together with a Nidus that uses his 2 and your disarmed when your hit by it and pulled near or into it

And it has a 10min time limit lol

Edit:would Tbh like to see the dev do something like that and instead of max 4 players it is max 14 players to make it doable

Not sure what extermination has to do with this but neither of the 3 you mentioned would do anything in a mission with knaves or orphids.

These spectres disable warframe abilities, drain all energy, have 8M ehp each, are status and cc immune, heal eachother, remove your ranged weapons and if you hit them with melee you die due to reflected damage. Charge them with Rhino and Valkyr and you'll die very fast . Nidus has health, but his 2 does nothing against them. Inaros you mentioned earlier will die and his passive is not enough to always revive him.

Besides what you said is actually quite easy with orginized team. Vay hek, lephantis/hemocyte or in general any other starchart boss or boss combination is easy with the proper setup. Extermination with bosses will be way easier than the current tridolon hunts that requires lures, vombalists, void charges and all other kinds of crap.

Edited by scourge213

7 hours ago, scourge213 said:

Not sure what extermination has to do with this but neither of the 3 you mentioned would do anything in a mission with knaves or orphids.

These spectres disable warframe abilities, drain all energy, have 8M ehp each, are status and cc immune, heal eachother, remove your ranged weapons and if you hit them with melee you die due to reflected damage. Charge them with Rhino and Valkyr and you'll die very fast . Nidus has health, but his 2 does nothing against them. Inaros you mentioned earlier will die and his passive is not enough to always revive him.

Besides what you said is actually quite easy with orginized team. Vay hek, lephantis/hemocyte or in general any other starchart boss or boss combination is easy with the proper setup. Extermination with bosses will be way easier than the current tridolon hunts that requires lures, vombalists, void charges and all other kinds of crap.

Welp there goes my idea of something fun when a veteran players presence appear lol