Mesa Needs slight change

(PSN)AnthonyHawks

Lets be honest. Mesa is mostly fine where she is at. And when she gets a Prime. She will have no problem selling her Prime Access Pack. But lets look at her unused abilities and flawed ones.

1st ability. Ballistic Battery is mostly unused. Most players dont like that it has a cap on it. I have 2 thoughts on how to fix this issue. Either remove or raise the damage cap on the ability. Or change the ability to reduce recoil on your gun weapons giving players the ability to enjoy weapons that have huge recoil on them and also supporting her passive that increases dual wield pistols fire rate making them easier to handle as we have no frame that does that. 1st idea makes more sense but 2nd could be interesting.

2nd ability. Shooting Gallery is very used but could use a slight alteration. Instead of it shifting from player to player. Why not just give it to all allies all at once with for half your duration and half your radius. Dont want full map lockdown with full Mesa Team with alteration. So halfing radius is nessecary if giving to all other players at once.

3rd ability. Balanced.. nothing needs changed.

4th ability. Balanced.. nothing needs changed.

34 minutes ago, (PS4)AnthonyHawks said:

Lets be honest. Mesa is mostly fine

Fine? Mesa is Ludicrously strong compared to most frames!

The only skill needing to be touched is her 1.

35 minutes ago, (PS4)AnthonyHawks said:

2nd ability. Shooting Gallery is very used but could use a slight alteration. Instead of it shifting from player to player. Why not just give it to all allies all at once with for half your duration and half your radius. Dont want full map lockdown with full Mesa Team with alteration. So halfing radius is nessecary if giving to all other players at once.

The skills completely inutilizes enemies within its radious of effect and is more than good as it is, if you want the same effect to be applied to all party members, it would have to have its cost increased and overall duration reduced to half.

Tbh, there is one change I'd like to see on Mesa's 4 for the prime version, the ability to switch between auto aim and manual (switching with middle click/mouse3). This might sound dumb at first but there are bosses and enemies that you cant use your auto aim on, so by making it manual you will be able to target specific/focused areas. That's all my input on mesa prime :v  (as for the Mesa Prime Access Pack, I'm assuming Redeemer Prime will be in it. The only thing I would like to see it do is act in the same way as glaive and other throwing melees in that it can be used simultaneously with a single secondary weapon (non dual wielding).)

Edited by T.H.O.T.

I’d rather her 4 activation and deactivation either be sped up, or  an alternative like drain on hit, refund on kill mechanic rather than constant drain. The worst aspect of her 4 is engage/disengage because most of the time stuff dies so quick.  Then the dead trigger because everything is dead. It’s very clunky to me.

10 minutes ago, T.H.O.T. said:

Tbh, there is one change I'd like to see on Mesa's 4 for the prime version, the ability to switch between auto aim and manual (switching with middle click/mouse3). This might sound dumb at first but there are bosses and enemies that you cant use your auto aim on, so by making it manual you will be able to target specific/focused areas. That's all my input on mesa prime :v  (as for the Mesa Prime Access Pack, I'm assuming Redeemer Prime will be in it. The only thing I would like to see it do is act in the same way as glaive and other throwing melees in that it can be used simultaneously with a single secondary weapon (non dual wielding).)

It's like that on purpose for those exact reasons. It's called balance.

1 hour ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

It's like that on purpose for those exact reasons. It's called balance.

I'd say it would still be balanced, since its going to manual it would require the player to actually aim. it could be balanced in itself such that when it switches the fire accuracy is reduced to half, high recoil, fire rate can't increase, fire rate is reduced, use more energy, and/or some other way to make balanced. And its not like it would be unbalanced if mesa could use her regulators like normal pistols (with the exception that she will still be lock into position without Mesa's Waltz), since it could be compared to how Ivara is able to use her bow freely, and Ivara can already destroy eidolon better than most chroma+lanka builds. It could be implemented without it acting as a buff to the character.  

Edited by T.H.O.T.
clearify that Ivara is the one that can destroy eidolons, not mesa

In the grand scheme of things, I'd like to see Mesa reworked, or at least updated so that several abilities are made more interesting. She does a good job of fulfilling her gunslinger fantasy, but also mostly does it through stat steroids, which I don't feel is really the most interesting gameplay around (pressing a button for 95% damage reduction especially is about as boring as it gets). If we're being more pragmatic, though, Mesa is one of the most functional frames out there, as essentially every ability but her 1 sees use, so I definitely don't think she's at any high level of priority on the list of warframes in need of updating. With this in mind, here's how I'd update her current 1:

• 1 - Ballistic Battery: Passively (i.e. without having to activate the ability), Mesa stores a portion of the damage dealt by her ranged attacks, with no upper cap. When activated, Mesa instantly reloads her equipped weapon, and causes her next shot to deal bonus damage based on the amount stored, consuming it in the process.

Making the damage accumulation passive would remove a lot of the clunk tied to the ability (activating it would instantly give you the bonus damage you'd need, instead of starting a charge for a situation the player can't really anticipate), and removing the upper cap would also satisfy players who currently dislike the effect (there's also no real need for it when there are plenty of other ways of one-shotting boss-level enemies, and when many of those enemies have inbuilt damage caps as well). Having it provide an instant reload would add flavor, while also potentially opening up new gun options for Mesa, as she'd be able to synergize particularly well with weapons that have innately high reload times.

Edited by Teridax68

2 hours ago, T.H.O.T. said:

there is one change I'd like to see on Mesa's 4 for the prime version

Not possible. Primes do not have mechanical differences from the base frame.

2 hours ago, T.H.O.T. said:

This might sound dumb at first but there are bosses and enemies that you cant use your auto aim on, so by making it manual you will be able to target specific/focused areas.

You would still do 0 damage to those things as the reason for them to be unforgettable is not only the auto-aim but the absurd damage output. The auto-aim increases the problem with it, but is not the sole reason.