COSMETIC Armour nEED TO BE ''USEed -FULL'' and also a rework

I had an idea pertaining to the rewards + cosmetics/Armor for arbitration in warframe since rewards are getting a little scarce, why don't DE make cosmetics moddable, I mean we have armour but they could do more, like increase or survivability depending on the armour and combination ie(shoulder armour increase strength, leg armour increase speed, chest armour increase health or ferrite or alloy armour or an armour set has a certain perk to it that can help team play ) I mean warframe has a lot of things in the game we could really rework and work on and this could also be a form of arbitration rewards and help elite players move higher and make it more fun since the rewards don't look enough. this can also be used to show the level elite players are on. 

PLEASE, SOMEONE, SHARE THIS PLEASE👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏 this is not clapping I am begging

beg all you want, this is still a terrible idea and it's still a no 

this has been tried before and it doesn't work, plus we don't even need it 

also, wtf is wrong with your title? is you caps key broken or something? 

Edited by GinKenshin

Back in the day the alt helmets changed some stats on the frames

DE decided that binding cosmetics to stats is bad as it ruins the fashion frame for people who want the optimal build

your idea is the same but with armors instead of helmets. mixing stats and cosmetics is still a bad idea

Some suggested something similar a while back and Arcane Enhancements were created to give a feel for that, with suggestions by DE at the time that all armor pieces might be able to eventually have connected Arcane Enhancements. That plan was scrapped as far as we know now with Arcanes being turned into Pseudo-mods connected to the warframe itself. More flexible, but a lost design space its true.

As long as I'm not forced to use a specific armor piece to get the effect I want, like with the old arcane helmets, it's fine with me.

Now if say, each accessory came with a unique special effect that could be equipped on any accessories you own, then sure. And also don't make the prime access accessories super OP compared to everything else. 

Miser_able yea what I meant was, the same way warframes are moded armour could do the same, linking them together. There will still be regular Cosmetics, not all will have this system, look at it like more mod slots in armour (even though it seems like a bad idea) is not everyone that will like my idea.

Edited by (XB1)NatsuDragneal16

The problem with it being like mod slots but for armour is that not everyone wants to equip cosmetic armour.   It's currently a purely aesthetic choice as to whether you want it on a frame or not and you can choose per frame, rather than feeling forced to so you can equip those extras.  It's exactly why Arcanes stopped being one per helmet and one per Syandana, not everyone wanted to have a Syandana all the time.

What I'm thinking is the term "armor" is pretty confusing, specially for new players for whom armor means "a thing to protect you from damage" and not "a thing to make you look extra cool". Specially when the term "armor" is used with the more common meaning inside the same game. Maybe actually what we do need is some clarification in the interface like calling the cosmetic armor something else or adding a clarifying adjective like ornamental, decorative, ceremonial, etc. Ornamental actually has a nice ring to it... 

That is what frame mods are for.  I really like that warframe doesn't have stats tied to cosmetics (anymore).  Most rpgs that try to go that route with differing armor stats per part have the heroes looking like peicemeal murder hobos for most, if not all, of the game.  And most of the time, I can't be concerned about making sure these pants are +1 better than those pants over there.

2 hours ago, Urlan said:

Some suggested something similar a while back and Arcane Enhancements were created to give a feel for that, with suggestions by DE at the time that all armor pieces might be able to eventually have connected Arcane Enhancements. That plan was scrapped as far as we know now with Arcanes being turned into Pseudo-mods connected to the warframe itself. More flexible, but a lost design space its true.

I can understand the appeal of wanting your cosmetic choices to matter, but at the same time I appreciate the fashion frame freedom of knowing I wont be penalized for not using a particular thing.

14 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

I can understand the appeal of wanting your cosmetic choices to matter, but at the same time I appreciate the fashion frame freedom of knowing I wont be penalized for not using a particular thing.

A very valid concern back when Arcanes were permanently attached to their cosmetics, and later difficult to remove. That said, they could have been made more fluid to install and manage in the first place and wouldn't have had as much of a long term commitment if that was the case. To be fair, Arcane Enhancements now are essentially mods but no longer have links to making cosmetics functional; win some you lose some I guess!

il y a 5 minutes, Urlan a dit :

A very valid concern back when Arcanes were permanently attached to their cosmetics, and later difficult to remove. That said, they could have been made more fluid to install and manage in the first place and wouldn't have had as much of a long term commitment if that was the case. To be fair, Arcane Enhancements now are essentially mods but no longer have links to making cosmetics functional; win some you lose some I guess!

or they could have been like they are now all along, you skip the middle mand a and just put augment on your warframes, cause arcanes on cosmetics was ilogical either way.

these Original poser type of suggestion its like backtracking, games now are making it so you can change the look of your armor without affecting stats with transumtations or so, and here we have this dude suggesting the complete opposite.

Edited by Lisztomaniac

11 minutes ago, Lisztomaniac said:

or they could have been like they are now all along, you skip the middle mand a and just put augment on your warframes, cause arcanes on cosmetics was ilogical either way.

these Original poser type of suggestion its like backtracking, games now are making it so you can change the look of your armor without affecting stats with transumtations or so, and here we have this dude suggesting the complete opposite.

I wouldn't say that, though I would consider Cosmetic Mods like the current Peculiar series of mods (Peculiar Bloom, Peculiar Growth) to be creative backtracking. For threads like these, they are players exploring similar trains of thought that DE have yes, but perhaps coming to similar reasons for them and potentially different mechanics. Peculiar mods represent cosmetics at the cost of progression while Arcane helmets, and to a much lesser extent; Arcane Enhancements embodied linking progression to cosmetics. Both are optional but for the subject here, Cosmetic mods embody more of slippery slope than Arcane enhancements which suffered more from manageability than mechanics.