Nyx: Chaos Should Not be Overshadowed by Radiation

(PSN)LoisGordils

Right now, Nyx is not really unique. Her "mind controlling" niche has been supplanted by Radiation damage and, specifically, Irradiating Disarm.

Right now, Radiation causes enemies to fight themselves. I propose a change to this status effect:

Radiation now disables all enemy abilities, reduces accuracy and enables friendly-fire. Basically as it is now. However, enemies won't actively attack other enemies. Rather, should they get in the way (say a Napalm blast), enemies will be affected. However, the actively fighting each other should be exclusive to Nyx.

Additionally, Chaos should grant a buff dependent on the amount of damage enemies do to each other. Call it Discord. Discord grants additive status and critical damage to your weapons.

rather than changing the procc, which is much better than what u suggest, chaos should get an improvement. that depends on what they will make out of her 1 and especially 2 since that will be a whole new ability and that could really change the possibilities for chaos. it is basically an AoE radiation procc right now which shouldnt be underestimated BUT the issue comes into play when condition overload could benefit from it if it was a real rad procc, which it isnt. again tho, it really depends on the changes to her other abilities imo to see if an AoE rad procc is enough of a change or not. i cant see that being enough tho tbh but who knows.

A fallacy of the comparison Nyx chaos vs radiation proc is that:

- Loky augment costs an extra mod and the effect is 9 unmoddable seconds, during which usually enemies do nothing, while also disarmed permanently (so mediocre damage as well);

- Weapon elemental proc from our weapons suffer from the same problem, but at least enemies still have weapons at hand to slaughter each other;

- Irradiated enemies usually still tend to prioritize attacking players than other npcs unless no player was visible / aggroing them (radiation cloud sorties case)

- Nyx power has a much longer duration

Both chaos and radiation procs suffer much from NPCs massive stupidity and tendency to go inert when irradiated or under Chaos

23 minutes ago, Ikusias said:

A fallacy of the comparison Nyx chaos vs radiation proc is that:

- Loky augment costs an extra mod and the effect is 9 unmoddable seconds, during which usually enemies do nothing, while also disarmed permanently (so mediocre damage as well);

- Weapon elemental proc from our weapons suffer from the same problem, but at least enemies still have weapons at hand to slaughter each other;

- Irradiated enemies usually still tend to prioritize attacking players than other npcs unless no player was visible / aggroing them (radiation cloud sorties case)

- Nyx power has a much longer duration

Both chaos and radiation procs suffer much from NPCs massive stupidity and tendency to go inert when irradiated or under Chaos

Unmoddable duration means you can use things like Fleeting Expertise to minimize cast cost, and enemies are still -unarmed- which majorly cuts down on incoming damage even if they do aim for the player. Yes, enemies are garbage at killing other enemies, but Irradiating Disarm is still quite powerful VS Chaos and cuts in to one of the few things that makes the latter, and Nyx as a whole unique.

17 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

Maybe make enemies affected by chaos do reduced dmg to players? Or increased dmg against other enemies? 

Basically give chaos more benefits, and not change radiatio proc 

I second this notion, it's not radiation that's too good, it's chaos that isn't better enough

I feel like I'd prefer Chaos to make all enemies allied to you, rather than attack anything randomly. However, unlike her Mind Control, these enemies should still be subject to player attacks and abilities. I'm actually of the mind where ALL abilities affect them, including beneficial abilities like Volt Speed, Rhino Roar etc.

It'd make Chaos turn enemies into crazy, short-lived waves of hectic fun