Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any good mod builds for Valkyr Prime?

Sevando123

Question

So can anyone suggest me a valkyr prime build mod?.

I'm kinda bad in making build mods so i'm curious with what i should start adding.

Currently i have made this build mod but still i don't know durability can valkyr prime have in HP because i noticed a slight fast decrease in HP when valkyr taking damage 

The Build mod is including Intesify, Flow, Prime Continuity, Steel Fiber, Blind Rage, Narrow Minded, Vitality and Streamline with Steel Charge and Power Drift  

the armor is around 1330 and the energy 450. As for the Duration is 220%, Efficiency 95%, Range 40% and Strength 208%

Edited by Sevando123

I personally like being able to attack really fast with her so I run Steel Charge, Blind Rage, Augur Secrets, Eternal War, Gladiator Resolve, Streamline, Umbral Fiber, Umbral Vitality and Umbral Intensify. Currently trying out the new Paracesis as the Melee weapon and it's pretty brutal so far.

19 minutes ago, Twentyside said:

I personally like being able to attack really fast with her so I run Steel Charge, Blind Rage, Augur Secrets, Eternal War, Gladiator Resolve, Streamline, Umbral Fiber, Umbral Vitality and Umbral Intensify. Currently trying out the new Paracesis as the Melee weapon and it's pretty brutal so far.

Hmm i'm curious in valkyr what i need to raise i mean duration, strength or efficiency i'm kinda confused i noticed a fast decrease when they enemies hit me it suppose to be waframe with damage absorbion. Well something i'm doing wrong

Edited by Sevando123

my build uses all the gladiator mod so that my hysteria red crits quickly, the melee gladiator mods go on my normal melee weapon of course and not the talons.  It gets pretty boring though to be honest because once you're in a survival long enough, the combo multiplier gets really high and so does the red crit tier, allowing you to quickly kill very high lvl enemies in the mot. 

Another build is focusing on a low duration, high range for the slow effect on warcry and the pull effect of the mod prolonged paralysis which also increases the stun duration.  This build allows you to reuse war to slow them in a large radius and pull them in closer with paralysis, very fun build

You're going to need to rely on weapon blocking a lot to keep Valkyr alive.

Of the various "tanky" frames she's near the bottom of the list, least an Eternal War build. If you got two Energize sets; it's a different story.

She struggles around 20k eHP while other frames like Rhino get 80-120k+, Mesa 50k, Trinity 180k, Nidus 60k, Excal Umbra like 50k. Just pulling these from memory. Her eHP isn't likely much better from Umbra mods as the only way she breaks 23-24k eHP is by using Primed Flow + QT. If you go flat HP + Power it'll result in lower amounts, even with an unrealistic build that doesn't actually work she gets about 17k eHP. (Example) https://goo.gl/p5GAaz

Valkyr needs Power Strength, Eternal War, dump Efficiency and a lil Duration. Not much, even base value can work. I generally recommend QT + Primed Flow for an Eternal War build, esp since she's not doing much with her energy anyways with that play style. I play a perma Hysteria Valkyr so I've not tried to really squeeze every bit of eHp out of her. It just doesn't make much difference in how I play which are long Endurance runs. 20-24k eHp just doesn't work without CC or other means of protection but again, for how I play.

Personally I think Valkyr should gotten more buffs with her Prime, esp when they nerfed her main theme ability but she didn't.

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

You're going to need to rely on weapon blocking a lot to keep Valkyr alive.

Of the various "tanky" frames she's near the bottom of the list, least an Eternal War build. If you got two Energize sets; it's a different story.

She struggles around 20k eHP while other frames like Rhino get 80-120k+, Mesa 50k, Trinity 180k, Nidus 60k, Excal Umbra like 50k. Just pulling these from memory. Her eHP isn't likely much better from Umbra mods as the only way she breaks 23-24k eHP is by using Primed Flow + QT. If you go flat HP + Power it'll result in lower amounts, even with an unrealistic build that doesn't actually work she gets about 17k eHP. (Example) https://goo.gl/p5GAaz

Valkyr needs Power Strength, Eternal War, dump Efficiency and a lil Duration. Not much, even base value can work. I generally recommend QT + Primed Flow for an Eternal War build, esp since she's not doing much with her energy anyways with that play style. I play a perma Hysteria Valkyr so I've not tried to really squeeze every bit of eHp out of her. It just doesn't make much difference in how I play which are long Endurance runs. 20-24k eHp just doesn't work without CC or other means of protection but again, for how I play.

Personally I think Valkyr should gotten more buffs with her Prime, esp when they nerfed her main theme ability but she didn't.

TBH, a boost to her Health would be the biggest change to her EHP because it's a bit too low for her close Range Combat. I know she got a lot of Armor but her Health is about the same as Squishy Casters and it's lower than Saryn Prime's Health.

For the OP, This is the build i use a lot for Valkyr Prime:

25qur79.png

I used to have Quick Thinking in the same place Adaption was but i swapped that mod for Adaption because it's 90% DR to any Status effect affecting her. Without Adaption, I would have 91% DR so Adaption would only give me about 4% more DR.

I do all the umbra mods, primed continuity, rage, eternal war, adaptation, quick thinking.  Still on the fence about adaptation since narrow minded really helps with her ability durations. She has crap eHP compared to others so you need to use blocking/life strike a lot. Energy wise she is always taking damage so you always have energy via rage. 

Valkyrie isn't my first choice for much in this game especially when other characters have more useful abilities and eHP. 

On 2018-10-27 at 4:47 AM, Sevando123 said:

So can anyone suggest me a valkyr prime build mod?.

I'm kinda bad in making build mods so i'm curious with what i should start adding.

Currently i have made this build mod but still i don't know durability can valkyr prime have in HP because i noticed a slight fast decrease in HP when valkyr taking damage 

The Build mod is including Intesify, Flow, Prime Continuity, Steel Fiber, Blind Rage, Narrow Minded, Vitality and Streamline with Steel Charge and Power Drift  

the armor is around 1330 and the energy 450. As for the Duration is 220%, Efficiency 95%, Range 40% and Strength 208%

You may not need that much of duration if you are using Eternal War.. I have 170% duration with Eternal War maxed at 53s after some killing..

I've done some calculation using a timer with base energy 225.

With 220% dur, 100% eff, my Hysteria lasted 60 sec.

With 170% dur, 150% eff, my Hysteria lasted 66 sec.

But mind you that I would prefer more balanced option because more efficiency equals less initial casting energy cost... 

Edited by WSPY

On 2018-10-27 at 6:04 AM, Xzorn said:

I would hope so.. But i don't see it coming...

18 hours ago, hooperinius said:

I do all the umbra mods, primed continuity, rage, eternal war, adaptation, quick thinking.  Still on the fence about adaptation since narrow minded really helps with her ability durations. She has crap eHP compared to others so you need to use blocking/life strike a lot. Energy wise she is always taking damage so you always have energy via rage. 

Valkyrie isn't my first choice for much in this game especially when other characters have more useful abilities and eHP. 

Ditch quick thinking and use narrow minded. Much better in the long run. With adaptation and an umbra build you should not be getting killed very fast... 

Put arcane grace on her and go with winds of purity with generic melee attacks for plenty of health regen. 

49 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

The best builds pretty much ignore her Hysteria. 

Her most potent build actually is Hysteria. Nothing else she can do will survive over 2 hours on MoT Solo.

....It just takes two Energize sets to function well.

1 hour ago, WSPY said:

I would hope so.. But i don't see it coming...

Yea it won't happen anytime soon. She's too popular.

DE doesn't seem to care how strong something is. Only if it's popular or not. aka Sales.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Xzorn:

Her most potent build actually is Hysteria. Nothing else she can do will survive over 2 hours on MoT Solo.

....It just takes two Energize sets to function well.

Take the 90% reduction from arb mods on top of the armor and you survive 2 hours mot just fine... actually doing the viable damage of a top notch melee weapon instead of hysterias underwhelming claws. No overpriced arcanes needet.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

2 hours ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Take the 90% reduction from arb mods on top of the armor and you survive 2 hours mot just fine... actually doing the viable damage of a top notch melee weapon instead of hysterias underwhelming claws. No overpriced arcanes needet.

Arb mods you mean the arbiters right?. You have something to suggest me for valkyr arb mods?

4 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Ditch quick thinking and use narrow minded. Much better in the long run. With adaptation and an umbra build you should not be getting killed very fast... 

Put arcane grace on her and go with winds of purity with generic melee attacks for plenty of health regen. 

I have the narrow minded inside the valkyr build i think i need to buy the adaptation and the eternal war

vor 36 Minuten schrieb Sevando123:

Arb mods you mean the arbiters right?. You have something to suggest me for valkyr arb mods?

Nah i mean Arbitration, the new alert type that's been patched on PC recently.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Adaptation

That's the mod i can recommend.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Am 27.10.2018 um 00:04 schrieb Xzorn:

[..]

valkyr needs a QOL, agree. she has 2 abilities which are meh, ignoring the rest which wouldnt be OP by any means if they got a small QOL/buff.

tbh though shes not meant for endurance runs. even if she had 50k+ EHP she herself brings nothing aside from melee support. hysteria really suffers vs nullies, parasitics and high armor so its unreliable anyway. she can manage 2hours and i think thats fine considering her kit. 0 CC and nothing against armor herself is an issue.

she can actually manage even without 2 arcane energize sets. i run no energize on her and she can still do 2h with an eternal war/hysteria hybrid build. if someone goes 2h+ its difficult with valkyr anyway but i dont think 2x arcane grace or even 1 is a must, it just depends on the build. if people build for negative efficiency sure, grace needed, but there is no rule to go negative efficiency even if the build focuses more on eternal war than hysteria. i also dont think umbral mods are needed. i dont use them at all and tbh low lvl it doesnt matter anyway and enemies will do a lot of damage later. umbral mods dont change that a bit. purely hysteria is not bad imo but later i find it more of an emergency tool to heal up quickly whilst avoiding any incoming damage. operator works too but sometimes hysteria is needed still. i cant see her claws being the source of damage in a long survival on their own, especially when the range is just that abyssmal and enemies have so much armor. 

vor 9 Minuten schrieb Sevando123:

what is the good limit for the efficiency that should be on valkyr prime. For me is 65%

u shoudlnt see example builds as a must. u see that they have arcane grace, right ? that helps with this bad efficiency value. i dont run any and have very similar stats on my build aside from health/armor and the abyssmal efficiency. works totally fine for 2h in endless. just focus strenght and duration and dont abandon efficiency completely and u will be fine even without investing into an expensive build thats arguably not a lot better. u can find pros and cons for every build, no matter which. its important that u find out what fits u more so than copy/pasting other builds. whats important is which melee u pair her with. hysteria does fine for some time totally on its own but if u want to stay longer in an endless u will realise it starts to really fall off vs highly armored targets unless u have an anti armor frame in ur sqaud or 4x CP.

7 minutes ago, Xydeth said:

hysteria really suffers vs nullies

With Primed Reach in her Talons and you Melee the bubble before the Crewman, not really. 

9 minutes ago, Xydeth said:

high armor so its unreliable anyway. 

Shattering Impact can fix that issue with her Talons tbh. Though, I should put that mod back in my build because during my Endurance Run in Ani, Void a lvl 290+ Corrupted Heavy Gunner was taking barely any damage with all of her Armor left.

Weak Hysteria... wow thats a statement...

I mean with right Build it can kill pretty much everything that isnt a boss with few claw-strikes even up to lvl 500. Shattering Impact as Band Aid? sure you can do that but why would you? Hysteria can easily Sport enough Slash-proc Dmg to kill most stuff regardless of the Armor and if that isnt quick enough. Hold her E or press 3 to open the enemy for a Finisher that deals Damage into the Millions. If you arent playing somthing Exotic where every enemy is a Heavy Gunner Eximus on lvl 300+ then you can pretty much just hack&slash everything.

Sometimes i fail to understand what exactly the Community of this Game wants from a Abillity to be considered at least "nice" or even "good". Everywhere ist just Bulloks about the maiming-strike-riven-zaw OP-MEGA Melee that solves all your Problems. Good Luck with that thing when Melee 3.0 hits life and your great OP Slide 24/7 melee Build(it's even disgusting to even call it a "build" its a sickness!). You can have all the Fun in the world using something so rigged as that but stop calling Warframe Abillies or Weapons Weak just because in the Current "Meta" you can out-scale it.

Dont need a Respond for this. Just getting out the Anger about this Meta-Sheeps

23 minutes ago, Cruelitas said:

Weak Hysteria... wow thats a statement...

I mean with right Build it can kill pretty much everything that isnt a boss with few claw-strikes even up to lvl 500. Shattering Impact as Band Aid? sure you can do that but why would you? Hysteria can easily Sport enough Slash-proc Dmg to kill most stuff regardless of the Armor and if that isnt quick enough. Hold her E or press 3 to open the enemy for a Finisher that deals Damage into the Millions. If you arent playing somthing Exotic where every enemy is a Heavy Gunner Eximus on lvl 300+ then you can pretty much just hack&slash everything.

Highly doubt you would do all of that except for her Finishers with 10% - 20% Status Chance. Also, the 291 Corrupted Heavy Gunner i've Encountered have more EHP as a lvl 363 Heavy Gunner since the Corrupted version have twice as much base Health as the normal one. So i can't see how her Talons reaching lvl 500.

Edited by VPrime96

vor 1 Stunde schrieb VPrime96:

Highly doubt you would do all of that except for her Finishers with 10% - 20% Status Chance.

Don't forget the mixed IPS chance... you basicly have a 1/3 chance, less with elements, on those 10-20% to procc eather slash over something entirely useless.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

1 hour ago, Cruelitas said:

Everywhere ist just Bulloks about the maiming-strike-riven-zaw OP-MEGA Melee that solves all your Problems. Good Luck with that thing when Melee 3.0 hits life and your great OP Slide 24/7 melee Build

They're talking about getting rid of the combo counter increasing damage while making crits ramp up faster which has the potential to hurt status builds more than crit builds.

I don't see her killing level 500s with the claws unless there's some finisher exploit people are using which is entirely possible.

Valkyr is fine, biggest problem is that armor doesn't do a very good job of reducing damage so you at higher levels you waffle between blocking with melee weapons and using hysteria to recoup lost health.