Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arca Plasmor Nerf

Hyrianeth

who knows. it's not likely to get reverted, oh well.
yeah, it is less effective vs groups of Enemies than before - people will have to get used to losing some of the effective Range that it had previously, it's just the way the Weapon will be now.

On 2018-10-21 at 11:07 PM, taiiat said:

it's significantly different.

the Projectile explodes upon contact with any surface anything solid, creating a bit of an AoE around the impact area.

vs originally being a Wave Gun, where the Projectile traveled through Targets until hitting the maximum Range, generally hitting all the Enemies along the way (unless the Origin of the Projectile hit something, that is).

note: i have no opinion on the state of the Weapon, other than being 'a big Sonicor' is much less unique for Arca Plasmor than being a Wave Gun, and personally would prefer Damage being controlled vs making it less unique of a Weapon.
but i also didn't use the Weapon very often anyways.

it's unfortunate that people would respond without knowing the facts, though. :/

Edited by taiiat

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

who knows. it's not likely to get reverted, oh well.
yeah, it is less effective vs groups of Enemies than before - people will have to get used to losing some of the effective Range that it had previously, it's just the way the Weapon will be now.

it's unfortunate that people would respond without knowing the facts, though. 😕

I'm saying it from what I've actually experienced. It still travels on, and there was only a visual change. Mine will hit all the enemies in it's path until it hit's its falloff. 

Come on OP, there's an identical thread less than half a page below where it's already discussed, with an explicit title 😐

Il y a 3 heures, taiiat a dit :

Projectile explodes upon contact with any surface anything solid, creating a bit of an AoE around the impact area

The AoE only comes from the width of the plasma cloud.

Il y a 3 heures, taiiat a dit :

[...] where the Projectile traveled through Targets until hitting the maximum Range, generally hitting all the Enemies along the way (unless the Origin of the Projectile hit something, that is)

It still does, and it's very easy to test: just shoot next and in parallel to a line of enemies, so that one side of the plasma cloud (but not the center, or point of origin as you call it) hits them all. There will be a particle explosion on contact with the first enemy, but the cloud won't stop and they will all take damage. I mean, no offense but it behaves exactly as you're saying it doesn't anymore 😛

Edited by Robolaser

13 minutes ago, PoisonHD said:

I'm saying it from what I've actually experienced. It still travels on, and there was only a visual change. Mine will hit all the enemies in it's path until it hit's its falloff. 

the Explosion does still hit some Enemies, but it doesn't really reach the maximum Range - having various Enemies up to about the max Range has Damage Numbers stopping a good ways before the end, heh. i get ~1/2-3/4 of the max Range before Enemies stop being hit. same functionality as before, just, less.

(on a different note the visuals don't match the functionality now which is kinda just a bad design, Enemies outside of the immediate vicinity of the visual explosion just take magical Damage without being attacked by anything - heh)

Il y a 2 heures, taiiat a dit :

i get ~1/2-3/4 of the max Range before Enemies stop being hit

I just verified this. The visual and effective range are still 30 meters, as they always were, + around 2.5 meters which corresponds to the radius of the plasma cloud. And yes it does damage up to that range. Even if the explosion effect happens just in front of you, the cloud will still damage enemies 30 meters away. You might have some issues on your end if it doesn't.

Il y a 2 heures, taiiat a dit :

Enemies outside of the immediate vicinity of the visual explosion just take magical Damage without being attacked by anything

I tried to replicate this, but to no avail. The particle explosion and the faint circular effects behind it seems always wider than the damaging plasma cloud.

The circular effects (see screenshots below) which appear at intervals along the cloud's path however, are narrower. And i agree they can be confusing, because they are more opaque, brighter than the cloud itself and appear in front of it from the shooter's perspective. They are thus much more visible, so one might think they represent the actual width of the damaging area while they don't. They can also often look like they're part of the explosion effect when they're aligned with it.

1540620421-circles1.jpg

This could be discussed in the art and animation feedback subforum imo.

Edited by Robolaser