Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Late to the party - public games question

Kaylinia

Question

I hope this post is in the right place, I don't generally spend a lot of time on the forums. I am currently at Mastery Rank 15 (almost 16) and I have done nearly all of it solo. The only people I have played with to this point are family and friends. Unfortunately those family and friends do not have the same... commitment... to Warframe that I seem to have and their attention has drifted to other games. I have gotten rather tired of playing solo. I didn't post in recruitment because I have a clan and I'm not looking for a new one. I am okay with the idea of playing in public games, but is there anything that I should know before I do? Are there any unwritten rules I should be made aware of?  I'm just not sure what to  expect from multiplayer games. My main is Oberon. I also use Ash and Rhino with some consistency. I also have a level 30 Trinity that I would love get some experience on.

Thanks for your time

6 answers to this question

Don't be spooked by the guys above me saying pub is a mess, 95% of your missions will start and end without a single hiccup, but avoid spy if possible, that I can agree on. Also keep an eye on recruitment chat because there are plenty of players looking for squad mates for specific missions and such so you can join them if it interests you.

Trinity is a great support frame, specially in higher levels so it's good to get used to her if you're a support main specially, if you have any questions regarding builds for her feel free to ask.

1 hour ago, kamyung said:

unless your limbo

56 minutes ago, (PS4)xtharbadx said:

Avoid using Limbo

Limbo lives matter 😞

15 minutes ago, Kaylinia said:

I didn't post in recruitment because I have a clan and I'm not looking for a new one.

Recruiting chat in-game? It is perfectly reasonable to use that to find people to play missions with.

Public games: expect people to not like what you bring. Some people just like complaining. Just use whatever you want, unless people say "must have X frame".

The recruitment chat isn't just for finding clans it is also about finding temporary squads to do a specific mission and somtimes a specific goal like polymer bundle farm and orokin cell farm

In multiplayer there is a lot of toxic players so be careful and report if they deserved it and also with Oberon and ash frames you can't be toxic but unless your limbo and also when a teammate is down like when in solo you die and use up a revive but in multiplayer you can revive him and also use your operator to do so and stay in void mod like hold Ctrl before reviving

And also there is a few assassination missions that require every person in your squad to be there to activate it and as I have found out a few times there are trolls like they never move and stay there doing nothing for 20 min so at first open a chat and ask him or say it in the squad chat and wait for 2 min (he should be done loading) and if he doesn't reply then abort the mission and report him and take a screenshot just in case about the full map with a timer there (so 2 screenshot) and make sure to take a screenshot when you hit p or tab (it shows you what you have, how many affinity or your guns maxed,what mods you have gotten,and how are your teammates doing like x damage dealt and received) and that is to support your report cause just in case the person wants to deny it and blame you instead for reporting innocent people

Edited by kamyung

Public groups are usually a disorganised mess.

Best advice I can give you is to set your expectations properly. Remember that it's a group of random people that may have a completely different play style than yours.

You may end up with "experienced" players that don't agree with your play style, and you may also end up with people that don't know what they are doing and can mess up with your mission.

Avoid spy missions, as those typically are a mess on public groups, especially on sorties where one failed vault will fail the mission.

Avoid using Limbo unless you know how to use him properly in a way that doesn't p1ss off your squad mates.

Some people dislike pub games, but my experience is rather positive. 

The most important thing is communication. If you go to a mission with a specific goal in mind (like finding all hidden cashes, cracking certain number of relics, farming certain amount of some component or mod etc.), say that from the start. You’ll find that most people tend to quickly run through the mission and then extract. Say in advance what you want (like staying longer or doing more excavators). Even if others don’t t share your goal, most of the time they will agree to do it. Similarly, if they want to extract ASAP, don’t force them to stay.

6 hours ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Limbo lives matter 😞

Yah but limbo sometimes when used by a troll or a newbie will literally make a mission 5 mintues longer than it is needed and sometimes forcing a squad to complete the mission 5x slower and a lot more dying

But yah if used by a player with experience and no intension of doing bad to the squad can actually be the best defender in the whole game