Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operator missions

Akaruy

I'm not a 100% sure if this was the correct place to put this, but I wanted to propose a little idea I had: Operator missions!

Basically, my idea would to have missions for the Operator, without having access to the warframe or weapons, with only your AMP and abilities. My idea is for stealth-based missions, similar to what we have to do in War Within, with a combination of avoiding enemies, passing dangerous terrain and taking control of machinery using transference, the way we could during WW.

Of course, this would need to be added in a way that connects it to the normal missions. One idea that comes to mind is to have you be the Operator that infiltrates enemy territory during survival. While four warframes attract enemy attention, you as the Op sneak trough and find resources. Also, dedicated spy missions could be an interesting idea.

Operators already have the tools to solo Sortie III Assasinations.As a result, there's no way what you propose will play out like a stealth mission, unless its a self imposed challenge (exactly the same situation we're currently in) or the enemy levels are boosted to 1000~. However, I do really like the idea on paper.

Edited by Handstamp

One way you can 'implement' it a bit rationally:

Corpus: say there is a map wide nullification field preventing warframe transference.

Grineer:  something kuva related maybe, influence by the new queen.

Infested: The infested have restrained your frame with their tendrils and whatnot, free it with your operator by finding the source.

If anything this could all go with Raids if ever they are put back into the game, maybe in about 5 years. white text.

If certainly would influence people to invest more in the operator, its just a question of when/ where it would be put in so the new players can still progress.

3 hours ago, Handstamp said:

Operators already have the tools to solo Sortie III Assasinations.As a result, there's no way what you propose will play out like a stealth mission, unless its a self imposed challenge (exactly the same situation we're currently in) or the enemy levels are boosted to 1000~. However, I do really like the idea on paper.

I think it would need an extra layer of challenge to be viable. For example, you have an objective, but if enemies detect you the objective is immediately destroyed and you instantly lose.

It's not really a matter of making the enemies lvl 1 billion. It's more about making the areas you have to pass being different then current missions, in a way only using all the Operators abilities can allow you to proceed.

Another way to do it would be to not put in any enemy. Only security systems, some specific vehicle for your to use transference on, areas with hazards that need a combination of Void mode and Void Jump to cross... stuff like that. We're used to having enemies everywhere in WF, maybe it's time to try out a situation where your only enemy is the enviroment, and you can't kill it... not even with fire :P