Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

FOR FUN: choose 2 abilities you can't live without, and they can't overlap with other frames...

(PSN)FriendSharkey

Okay so just for fun...what 2 powers would you keep on each frame?...I ask this because lately we've noted the similarities of certain frames repeating power abilities that other do just as well or better...For me this resulted in a lot of frames being shelved and collecting dust...I'll use them in situational moments, but really only because I haven't used them in awhile and I'm like I did quite a bit to get that frame...so use it at least once this year...

Okay a little too much backstory on the reasonings behind the thread...so now the fun part...well right after this:.... You in the back getting all ticked off over this like somehow this suggestion is going to happen and you have to stomp on it and fast as possible...chill out,,none of this is going to happen...but try to focus on what you'd really keep if it came down to 2 powers and what you can't live without on a frame if you had no choice...

Bonus points if you can keep the powers from repeating on what you'd keep..So I'll do an example..

Ash: Smoke Screen and Teleport...  (Teleport? Why Teleport...why not Bladestorm?...Because down the road you'll have Mirage who has a similar power in creating clones...So I'm really going to try to be disciplined with this suggestion on not mixing powers..I don't recall any other frame having the ability to teleport other than Nehza...but I don't want to lose Mirage's Hall of Mirrors.. so Bladestorm got axed..Ash can murder the hell out everything with Smokescreen easily without Bladestorm...so I sacrificed it, which is going to impact Loki later on..) Tough choices though...and that's the point...what could you survive without?

So 

Ash: Smoke Screen/Teleport

Atlas: Landslide/Petrify

Banshee: Sonar/Silence

Chroma: Vex Armor/ Elemental Ward...

Ember: Accelerant/ World On Fire ( Yes I hate myself for saying that)

Equinox: Metamorphosis/Rest and Rage...(Ember won out against Mend and Maim due to keeping her relevant)

Excalibur: Radial Blind/Exalted Blade

Frost: Snowglobe/Freeze

Gara: Splinter Storm/Spectorage ( Mass Vitrify was sacrificed to save Frost's from the same fate of Ember due to Equinox)

Harrow: Thurible/Covenant 

Hydroid: Tempest Barrage/Undertow

Inaros: Desiccation/Devour....( what no Scarab Armor? Are you crazy? It was that or sacrifice Harrow's Covenant)

Ivara: Quiver/ Navigator...( HOLY shhh, now you crazy...But, Ash has invisibility..and the game is not to cross over on powers)

Khora: Whipclaw and Venari

Limbo: Banish and Stasis...(another victim to Frost's snow globe...but Limbos still have their passive...so not like they are in any danger.)

Loki: Decoy/Disarm...(Loki was tough...without invisibility he's toast...but with Radial Disarm he can mitigate the situation. Ash got teleport and Loki falls into the same category as "creates clones", so negative points taken for being similar to Mirage and Ash...but his clone doesn't move..so I consider that one not the same...but I'm docking a point anyways...)

Mag: Pull/Magnetize ...(I can hear the Mag Mains going well clearly he doesn't know Mag...Yeah, you're right...but that's what I would keep due to my time using her against a massively overpowered Juggxrnaught who was part of an event..Mag was able to use its own weapons against itself and that was the only way anyone made it out alive...)

Mesa: Shooting Gallery/Peacemaker

Mirage: Hall of Mirrors/ Eclipse...(Prism got axed due to saving Mesa's Peacemaker and Zephyr is a victim later on as well...)

Nekros: Terrify/Desecrate..{ Nekros had to take one for team clone like Ash due to Mirage.)

Nehza Firewalker/Divine Spears...( Nehza is getting docked some points in some way or another.)

Nidus: Larva/Parasitic Link:  ( I'd just change the stacking mechanic with Larva on how many it can grab and how fast you can kill what it grabbed..The link part is interesting with team members or solo)

Nova: Wormhole/Molecular Prime...(She's getting docked because of getting into Mesa's territory)...

Nyx: Chaos/ Absorb...(This might change due to the rework,,,her first might be a better option...with being able to inflict damage buff to the enemy taken over..but we'll stay with current console build...)

Oberon: Renewal/Hallowed Ground

Octavia: Amp/Mallet....(Okay she's tough because everything synergies together and without the other it falls apart...I can only say I'd lose the Resonator and allow her to cast mallet on teammates and enemies the more she hits will allow for all four notes to be played so they can do the job of the roller ball while bringing in the saved music each player created...Metrondome gets sacrificed due to being too close to Ivara's Quiver)..

Revenant: Mesmer Skin/Reave.

Rhino: Roar/Rhino Stomp....(IronSkin got axed due to Nyx's absorb especially with her walking syndicate mod and Chroma's vex armor, not like he needs Iron skin with stomp...)

Saryn: Spores/Miasma...(Saryn I love your molt...but you'd rob Loki of Decoy and Loki needs all the help he can get without invisibility...)

Titania Lantern/Razorwing

Trinity: Well of Life/Energy Vampire...(Trinity got robbed due to Nidus and in some parts Oberon...but Oberon and her get docked regardless.)

Valkyr: Ripline/Hysteria....( Spiderman..yep...sorry not giving up my ability to be a very very angry Gwen Stacey)...

Vauban: Tesla/Vortex...(Now remember with having two powers,.. it's only a matter of time before De would expand upon those two powers with Syndicate mods...I can see Vortex becoming something like Bastille where you could reverse the effect like how we can with Slova and Speedva...You're like hey you're change the game...Yes..yes I am..but I can hear the remaining two Booben mains going WTF????)

Volt: Speed/Electric Shield...( Volt got docked on points due to Nyx's absorb...a little too close...not like a lot but still a walking shield...but Volt needs that shield to be team relevant, while his get out jail free card of Discharge is prevalent in a lot of frames already.) 

Wu Kong: Defy/Cloudwalker....( only I'd allow his cloud walker to pass through laser traps.)

Zephyr: Tail Wind/Tornado...( Oh Zephyr I love you..so It pains me to rip out your turbulence, but I can't go easy on you when I was brutal to others, I'd rip out your pretty much all your kit to be fair...due to docking yourself points on being a floaty mirror of all the tanks.)

So that was tough because I was like NOOOO not Loki and his invisibility!!!...But yeah...I gotta mix it up so frames get used and not overlap too much...Anyways did I overlap too much..? I think so..but that's what I'd keep out of the Warframe roster if forced to use 2 powers without diving too much into each Frame's territory...

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

I mean, while I do use generally 2 abilities of each frame, since I can't really wrap my head around synergy frames, I still think having 4 abilities is much better, since, even with crossover, different frames have different purposes. For example, I find Lokis invisibility to be the best, but some people like Octavias due to the synergy or Ash's due to him being a better offensive frame. Or, while I prefer Limbo's Cataclysm thanks to how easy it is to just calm everything down, I still use Frost when going up against the Corpus, cause it's easier to manage the Frost Globe against Nullifiers. Plus, having 4 abilities makes the frames a lot more versitile for more situations, rather than make the frames situational and create and even clearer meta for each mission type. Not to mention, overall, that is just a nerf without much of a reason. Until a frame appears that is a complete copycat of another, then, there's really no need for such drastic measures.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Linkgamer75 said:

Still, the idea of it is kinda bad...

Don't be concerned...trust me this will never happen...but the point is what would you keep..Year one we could do this practically since we could place in ability mods, so you'd sacrifice three powers for extra mods elsewhere...relax though 2 powers..what would keep...

Just now, (PS4)Linkgamer75 said:

But still, no offense, but it's a bad idea because then literally any Warframe would be super straightforward.

No offense taken...I know your concerns...It's simply an exercise in managing powers and creative balance between the frames so they don't overlap...It's a hard question only due to the answer you'd have to answer yourself with...I'm not judging you on those choices,,I judged myself on my own choices instead...

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Linkgamer75 said:

Oh, for fook sake. What are we using, double positives or something?

I guess so..remember this is your own answers to how you would play if limited to two powers...I don't think I would allow two powers to be the same..but it's like herding cats...that's how they feel..so that's how they are they are going to answer...you know what you would set as limits..so ask yourself what would you keep, don't worry about the other guy's answers...

2 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

This would make me stop immediately and I guess 80% of the current players as well.

Looking at your suggestion all the frame I frequently use would be useless

You're judging my personal choices on what I can survive with while not mixing powers...I can survive on those...I have...Loki though I won't lie...painful..seriously painful...this is about what You can survive on if limited to two differing powers..gotta throw in differing..due to someone being super smart on saying ok..stacking these two..come at me now Lephantis...

Yeah I looked over the abilities you suggested frames keep. It’s bad. You give Gara her worst simply because you’re afraid frost would die, you’re removing Saryns primary way of survival, removing resonator just because it’s “too close to Ivara quiver” is a horrible excuse for taking her survivability down to 0. And don’t even get me started on the insult that is that Nidus change. Makes my skin crawl.

19 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

I mean, while I do use generally 2 abilities of each frame, since I can't really wrap my head around synergy frames, I still think having 4 abilities is much better, since, even with crossover, different frames have different purposes. For example, I find Lokis invisibility to be the best, but some people like Octavias due to the synergy or Ash's due to him being a better offensive frame. Or, while I prefer Limbo's Cataclysm thanks to how easy it is to just calm everything down, I still use Frost when going up against the Corpus, cause it's easier to manage the Frost Globe against Nullifiers. Plus, having 4 abilities makes the frames a lot more versitile for more situations, rather than make the frames situational and create and even clearer meta for each mission type. Not to mention, overall, that is just a nerf without much of a reason. Until a frame appears that is a complete copycat of another, then, there's really no need for such drastic measures.

Thank you very thoughtful post...remember it's for fun...it's like a psychological test on what you can push yourself to do if you had no choice when given a set of rules you can't get past...you have to dig deep and say holy snorkels, I can't butcher Octavia...that was hard and I still waffled all over the place instead of being hardcore with myself and saying.. 2...you can only pick 2... just muse on it and see what you'd sacrifice and keep..

9 minutes ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

You're judging my personal choices on what I can survive with while not mixing powers...I can survive on those...

Good for you.

Ofc I am judging your choice b/c you came up with this idea, so it's on you to provide a balance, not on me to like it. If this would be implemented I would uninstall the game and move on without ever turning back.

As for some examples: 

My Loki only uses Invis and Decoy. You could remove it from the others.

Or Mesa: Peacermaker can deal damage for a single seconds because she is dead without Shatter Shield. If you can survive without this ability you don't play content higher than Lv50 or just use Peacemaker when most of the enemies are dead. I can go on and on.

Your choices are just poor imo.

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

12 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Yeah I looked over the abilities you suggested frames keep. It’s bad. You give Gara her worst simply because you’re afraid frost would die, you’re removing Saryns primary way of survival, removing resonator just because it’s “too close to Ivara quiver” is a horrible excuse for taking her survivability down to 0. And don’t even get me started on the insult that is that Nidus change. Makes my skin crawl.

Mains...IKR...Don't focus on my answers...the question is what would you sacrifice...You'd butcher Frost right to save Gara...that's okay...just pick 2, maybe other non mains will learn something from it...but, remember you can't mix powers..so some one has to get the axe to make room for the power you want to save on that main if they intercede...

3 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Good for you.

Ofc I am judging your choice b/c you came up with this idea, so it's on you to provide a balance, not on me to like it. If this would be implemented I would uninstall the game and move on without ever turning back.

As for some examples: 

My Loki only uses Invis and Decoy. You could remove it from the others.

Or Mesa: Peacermaker can deal damage for a single seconds because she is dead without Shatter Shield. If you can survive without this ability you don't play content higher than Lv50 or just use Peacemaker when most of the enemies are dead. I can go on and on.

Your choices are just poor imo.

Fair enough...make your own personal list....2 powers only...no crossing paths...