Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Khora - Suggesting Alternate Quest to get her

0_The_F00l

Hello Everyone,

I guess this is kinda a late thought , but i should state it anyway as the current way to get Khora parts feels too ... arbitrary and without proper lore or context (yes i have read the ghoul fragments thats why i say it makes no sense)

The purpose of this post is to come up with an alternate "quest" or farm to get Khora and have some other frame replace Khora drops (they have done it before for other drop locations, they can do it again). there are occasional references to some codex entries and NPCs so read at your own risk if you have not reached Cetus and completed ghoul codex entries.

The reason i want this is:

1. The Story - Why? what the hell? What kind of yellow belly script writing made you do this DE? Khora and the Sanctuary has little to no correlation other than the forced dialogue you put on simaris ,the codex entries were so beautiful , and then you went ahead and said "screw it - here is where she is, you can get her here because i say so".
  2. The Consistency - how did she end up in the sanctuary without any prior knowledge that khora is there, why didnt she just go to the sanctuary from Venus directly if that was the case?.
  3. The Hope- Venari was alive as per the codex , smart but feral and knew what was happening , and was supposed to be heading to the PoE (or already there) i would like to think she was running free - chasing condrocs , Kuavas, Fish and the ocassional grineer instead of stuck in the sanctuary this long,
  4. More reason to stay on plains - This will be more apparent as you read further and though not a core reason it will add up.

What i propose:

1. Give master teasonai some love: At the moment this guy does very little (other than give an awesome skin for the kavats - the kubrow skin is ... ), i suggest he has a special dialogue once you reach a certain trigger (like get a kavat of yourself and bring it to him), He will then say how he saw the largest kavat ever that glinted in the light in one of the caves observing some grineer camps. That it seemed to be looking for something and did not seem afraid only curious. he would then sell you a blueprint for some sort of lure (or a beacon or a scent that would allow us to attract the creature) - i suggest the parts needed be condroc feathers and kuava spines and some fish meat (if i know my cats , this will attract any kavat within miles to my house) - you then craft it.
  2. Go to the plains to trigger encounter: With lure in hand you will need to enter the plains with a Kavat, Teasonai will then mark random locations on the map where you have to do some random missions like use drone to spread lure scent , Defend a point to mark territory , Catch a certain amount of fish (cause why not?) after finishing these each time Venari will visit you take the lure and runaway (cause Cat ) , after finishing all the "quests" Venari will not Run away, she will leave you a "whistle" of sorts along with the Khora BP.
  3. Its Whistle Time: Teasonai will say how it seems to like the operator , but it still doesnt want to leave the plains , it is still searching. Now will start the Passive-Aggressive Farm mode. Every time you use the whistle on the plains Venarii will appear (like a companion specter or just come running from the horizon and will only be on the plains), any bounty segment or incursion you complete on the plains with venari in company, will have a chance to drop a Khora Part. (i hope for the drop chance to be higher than the current sanctuary onslaught mode).
  4. The Reunion: Once Khora is built (or is  being built), and you enter Cetus Teasonai will comment how the great glinting Kavat was just waiting at the gates , as if for you , and he arranged for it to be transported to your orbiter/Landing craft.
  5. The Passive after effect: You can now summon Venari on the plains (irrespective of the frame used) and she will act as a Specter and occasionally give Plain resources (like a smeeta Kavat), Going with Khora will simply skip the summoning step. Currently farming Plain resources (especially rare ones) is a chore , having a cat that brings me shiny things , Fish and plant parts once in a while will be very nice.

I would like your opinions and inputs on this as well.

Edited by 0_The_F00l

TBH when i first heard Khora was a kavat lady I thought the drops would be from kavats in deralects, as for the fragments in codex I dont read them lol. If there is something de wants to tell us they dont have to 'hide' it in the fragments

This is a very nice idea, it gives that Cetus guy some much needed time in the spotlight (doubt most players remember he exists even) ,and it will make Khora less of a hassle to obtain because let's be honest, she isn't worth the effort atm, I bought her with a coupon and rarely even noticed her after I finished leveling her up. Hope the devs notice this.

It's pretty easy to know why she didn't get a proper quest. Because SO/ESO was the thing at the time and they needed a reward to keep us busy....they also needed a direct money source for quick pay so they made her chances really low to get, plus there's the unplayable-ness of SO when it first came out 

To put it simply, they had no time (again) and no resources (again) and were busy with the next big thing, as in the sacrifice (again)

I'm more than sure that garuda will face the same fate. You can also see it with rev....they didn't even call it a quest when they talked about it, it's more like a lore-infused glorified farm 

1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

You didn’t hear simaris say “The Quills gave to the Sanctuary the blueprints to a frame” did you.

You didnt really read my post did you? i am aware that there is a dialogue that says the parts are in the sanctuary i have mentioned it , quoting it here again.

2 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

1. The Story - Why? what the hell? What kind of yellow belly script writing made you do this DE? Khora and the Sanctuary has little to no correlation other than the forced dialogue you put on simaris ,the codex entries were so beautiful , and then you went ahead and said "screw it - here is where she is, you can get her here because i say so"

2 hours ago, GinKenshin said:

It's pretty easy to know why she didn't get a proper quest. Because SO/ESO was the thing at the time and they needed a reward to keep us busy....they also needed a direct money source for quick pay so they made her chances really low to get, plus there's the unplayable-ness of SO when it first came out 

To put it simply, they had no time (again) and no resources (again) and were busy with the next big thing, as in the sacrifice (again)

I'm more than sure that garuda will face the same fate. You can also see it with rev....they didn't even call it a quest when they talked about it, it's more like a lore-infused glorified farm 

Does not mean they cannot improve over time or change things , they have done it multiple times , +1 for Garuda comment i think it will be the same too , but i hope not , atleast the Revenant had some consistency and story behind it (the kit itself is a different situation).

I am not currently concerned about the limitations that DE faces (i may sound rude and for that i apologize), they put all their eggs in one basket now they have to hope it hatches well (i mean fortuna by the way), And i sincerely hope they succeed.

In this post , i am proposing an alternate means of obtaining a frame that is locked behind a tough RNG , there is already enough time that has lapsed between its release and current time . Any monetary benefits that would have been lost due to making it easy are now minimal , anyone who wanted to buy Khora has done so already and anyone who wants to farm her will keep farming for her and not buy her anyway. New players already have other frames which are better suited for low levels (and easier to obtain) and High ranked ones have better options too, so neither new nor old players have incentive to purchase this frame at the moment.

Having an Auto loot maker (as per my suggestion for quest completion) will give people more reason (not by a significant amount true , but better than nothing) to enter the plains and actually try and get Khora.

I would like to know if you agree with me ,it is fine if you do not but i would like to know why you disagree , other than "because DE is overworked and will not implement this".

Edit: i foresee a backlash from players that may have bought the frame or already farmed it , and how they will allow said players to replay the quest ,

Edited by 0_The_F00l

I like the idea of a quest but we don't need anything new just an explanation for what we have. We have those lore fragments for Khora all they need to do is take the main character from those. Get him to say " Hey, I need Simaris's help to decode the blue print but hes being a jerk. Can you help me do this sanctuary onslaught so he agrees to help decode Khora"  Then have him wait some where and be all excited to see Khora when you build it. 

Currently Simaris looks like the biggest jerk because he was just sitting on a Khora blue prints while this guy died looking for them to help Venari

Edited by Solarsyphon
Simaris is a jerk