Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helene chat bug

BeatFlipp

20 hours ago, BeatFlipp said:

So this happened to me twice at Helene, Saturn where I would try to type something in chat. I couldn't press enter nor exit chat, thus I couldn't control my character or leave the game. Please look into this. Thanks.

you should probably make a F6-screenshot when you have this happen again and send it, and maybe your logs too, to the support via the helpdesk. i had this kind of bug occasionally too, but on different maps and only when the host ran on either some kind of toaster or had weird network settings... and ofc, after some infernal host-changes during a mission.

anyway, i tried helene just now and couldn't reproduce the problem, so it's likely not a "general" bug and might also be on your side (thus, the game-logfiles would be needed by the support).

On 2018-10-28 at 9:00 PM, fr4gb4ll said:

you should probably make a F6-screenshot when you have this happen again and send it, and maybe your logs too, to the support via the helpdesk. i had this kind of bug occasionally too, but on different maps and only when the host ran on either some kind of toaster or had weird network settings... and ofc, after some infernal host-changes during a mission.

anyway, i tried helene just now and couldn't reproduce the problem, so it's likely not a "general" bug and might also be on your side (thus, the game-logfiles would be needed by the support).

Hi. Thank you for the reply.

It is most likely my side and I tried reinstalling GeForce Experience (I don't even know if that's the problem but everything turned to S#&$ after the program is corrupt) and the thing still keeps happening.

No prompt of any kind because the game just is not responsive anymore so there's no point to screenshot.

The cursor is not the one in game when it happens. The cursor is the window's one instead so I supposed it was because Warframe wasn't in focus. However I tried pressing alt+enter to no avail.

Would you have any idea what causes this?

Edit: The bug is not at Helene but rather anywhere. Just happened the first couple of times so I thought it was due to Helene. 

Edited by BeatFlipp

22 hours ago, BeatFlipp said:

Hi. Thank you for the reply.

It is most likely my side and I tried reinstalling GeForce Experience (I don't even know if that's the problem but everything turned to S#&$ after the program is corrupt) and the thing still keeps happening.

No prompt of any kind because the game just is not responsive anymore so there's no point to screenshot.

The cursor is not the one in game when it happens. The cursor is the window's one instead so I supposed it was because Warframe wasn't in focus. However I tried pressing alt+enter to no avail.

Would you have any idea what causes this?

Edit: The bug is not at Helene but rather anywhere. Just happened the first couple of times so I thought it was due to Helene.  

as for nvidia experience: this shouldn't have anything to do with this kind of problem, but strongly suggest NOT using it to "optimize" warframe - the things i saw with this... but thats just my 2 cent to this.

what i think the problem is, are the settings of your privat network, most likely the NAT setting. if you can, switch your router to open, from likely strict settings. if that isn't an option, see to it that you have the port forwarding setup correctly the used port you choose in the warframe options (i think the default ones are 4950 & 4955) and remember that you use the UDP protocol, not the TCP one for the forwarding. if you can't access the router of your network, you'll need to ask the person who can, for those setting have to be done in the router, not your computer (well, there are exceptions to this, but those are irrelevant these days).

another possible source is your uplink methode - meaning the way you connect your privat network via your choosen ISP (internet service provider) to the internet. wireless methods like UMTS or LITE are often a problem for realtime applications (like computer games), especially in dense urban areas where many people share the same node (the antenna, so to speak) and no client has a fixed amount of bandwidth on it (except, ofc, some vip or services sometimes...). using a "wired" connection (e.g. DSL or cable) is preferable for online games. keep in mind, that i don't refer to whatever connection method you use in your own network - wlan is not a problem as long as you have this one set up correctly, which otherwise you would already noticed ^^)

there are some other possible reasons for such connection losses to the chat server, most of them related to the routing between you and the DE server, but NAT is most promising suspect here - so try this first.

• 2 weeks later...