Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kohm needs a real rework

I'm sorry, what? Just because the balance pass didn't buff it as much as other weapons, doesn't mean it's bad to begin with. It means quite the opposite, actually, that it was good already and didn't need that many changes. In fact, ammo efficiency is probably the only thing that keeps the Kohm from being broken beyond belief.

While the weapon not may be the best shotgun out there, it’s still quite a good weapon nonetheless. I don’t really see the need to see it be buffed again, if you’re wanting the Kohm it do more damage, I highly suggest you to invest in a riven for the weapon.

Just now, (XB1)EmpreyonQueen said:

No i want it to be more ammo efficient and not chew up 40+ ammo a second 

latest?cb=20171008162111

Weapons with poor ammo economy are designed this way as they usually have a high Rate of Fire which translates into DPS. I would recommend Carrier (Prime) with the mod above if the weapon is uncomfortable for you 🙂

1 minute ago, (XB1)EmpreyonQueen said:

No i want it to be more ammo efficient and not chew up 40+ ammo a second 

You gotta be realistic though instead of just demanding. Kohm has a super high DPS and a high status chance, capable of stripping the whole armor off enemies in just a very few shots. Not to mention the high riven disposition. The bad ammo efficiency is just part of what balances this weapon.

Kohm is a beast for a MR 5 weapon. Point Blank, Shotgun Spazz, Elemental Mods, Hell's Chamber and you handle all of the star chart enemies with ease, apart from maybe Vodanoy. Then once you get a status chance riven, you can strip all enemy armour in less then 3 seconds and it can still handle enemies just fine in 150++ lvl range. Don't build it for slash, the damage per pellet is really small. Since it fires so many pellets, its an excellent armour stripping gun. Not to mention great innate punch through.

Ammo economy is down the drain but if it was manageable without Carrier, the weapon would be downright OP.

1 minute ago, (XB1)EmpreyonQueen said:

And thats why im getting zhuge its new look and damage buff it looks like it will have almost 200 base and looks like you combined attica with rubico to make the new zhuge

Do you actually have a source to prove that?

9 minutes ago, (XB1)EmpreyonQueen said:

Kohm needs tainted shell to be a shotgun for me since i like sniping with jet stream 

4 minutes ago, (XB1)EmpreyonQueen said:

Otherwise i'll never use it sadly i just downright hate it because of how ugly the shotgun is i mean zhuge is getting changed from auto to semi and is getting a new look that makes it look like an actual crossbow while kohm looks nothing like a shotgun 

giphy.webp

Edited by IceColdHawk

I can’t even. Kohm, the weakest shotgun? Kohm, the highest DPS shotgun in the game with a status riven? Kohm, the destroyer of level 150+ Grineer? That Kohm?

I can see a case for it being meh looking but I like how Grineer weapons look so each to their own, but Kohm needing a buff?

Whatever you are smoking, I would like some. I’m sure it would be an insane trip.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)EmpreyonQueen said:

Look at dev stream 118 zhuge is totally unique and looks like a real crossbow semi auto and has much higher damage if it was unmodded

That’s not the Zhuge? Zhuge is a crossbow already in the game, the one on the devstream is a new one for Garuda that isn’t officially named yet.

Edited by OmegaZero633