Warframe Amiibo perk ideas.

So with the Switch version coming up, and some unlikely games getting Amiibo support like Dark Souls Remastered with the Solaire Amiibo, I thought it would be fun to come up with ideas for the numerous frames and see what kind of various perks different Amiibos would grant.

I tried to come up with strictly non-destructive perks, so straying from granting damage bonuses and the like, keeping mainly to things that either would only be cosmetic only or just minute little details, but it's a little difficult, so I had to somewhat give in to the power but limit it as much as possible.

So far i've only come up with a few, but i'd love to brainstorm with the community and see what kind of things we could come up with. These were created in mind with a limiting feature like many Switch and 3DS games have with Amiibos, such as only a certain amount of scans per day (some only allowing as little as 5 scans per day, others only once per Amiibo a day)

Here's what I got so far:

Nekros: Additional Resource and Credit drops for the current mission.

Trinity: Additional Revive for the next 3 missions. -OR- Fully heal all teammates in the current mission, granting max overshields.

Banshee: If undetected, weapons remain silent when fired for the duration of the mission. Perk fades once detected though.

Ivara: Ayatan Sculptures or Cephalon, Frame Fighter, and Somachord fragments always highlighted on map for the duration of mission. -OR- Briefly increased companion granted invisibility for the next 3 missions.

Khora: Companion generate 5-10 energy each kill for the next 5 missions.

Atlas: +25%[PH] Knockdown resistance for the next 5 missions.

Ember: Heat based procs and combos last briefly longer for a few missions.

Saryn: Toxin based procs and combos last briefly longer for a few missions.

Frost: Cold based procs and combos last briefly longer for a few missions.

Volt: Electricity based procs and combos last briefly longer for a few missions.

Oberon: Companions occasionally generate health orbs on kill for the next 3 missions.

Titania: Increased bullet jump range for the next 3 missions.

Wukong: Combo Counter lasts longer and takes longer to decay for duration of the mission.

Zephyr: Being airborne grants +30%[PH] damage resistance for the duration of the mission.

Nidus: +3% h/ps for the duration of the mission.

Mag: Enemy accuracy decreased for the next 5 missions by +15%.

Excalibur: Single handed swords gain +10% attack speed for the next 3 missions.

Mirage: Enemies have a chance to be electrocuted when attempting to trigger alarms for the next 3 missions.

Equinox: Energy has a chance to grant Health, and Health has a chance to grant Energy for the next 3 missions.

Loki: Evasiveness increased significantly for the next 3 missions.

Revanant: Grants 7 energy per sentient killed for the duration of the mission.

Chroma: Elemental Combo procs last briefly longer for a few missions.

Octavia: Killing a group of 5 or more enemies simultaneously grants additional energy for the next 3 missions.

Valkyr: Killing enemies with a Critical hit with Melee grants increased Melee attack speed for 7 seconds for the duration of the mission. Attack speed boost stacks 3 times.

Ash: Physical procs (Impact, Puncture, Slash) last briefly longer for a few missions.

Nyx: Inflicting a lot of damage may make an enemy attack for you for a brief period, along with a 25% damage buff while turned. Only one enemy may turn on their friends at a time for the next 3 missions.

Harrow: Hitting critical health (50 or lower) grants 30% damage resistance for 7 seconds and grants 10 health per kill, 20 on headshot for the duration of the mission.

Nova: When stuck by a melee attacker, have a 15% chance to emit a blast proc for the next 3 missions.

Limbo: When at half or less health, holstered weapons reloaded by 20% for the next 5 missions.

That's about all I could come up with so far. Dome of them offer power creep, but I tried to keep the numbers fair and low. I'd love to hear what perks you guys can think of, even for frames I've already tried making one for!

EDIT: Due to minor confusion, the frame listed is just who the amiibo is of. The effect listed next to them would go for any frame played as, not just that specific one.

Edited by (XB1)ALG Minuscule36

7 hours ago, (XB1)ALG Minuscule36 said:

Ivara: Ayatan Sculptures or Cephalon, Frame Fighter, and Somachord fragments always highlighted on map for the duration of mission

This one I like. 

Briefly increased companion granted invisibility for the next 3 missions.

This one not so much because companions already get prowl benefits.  Unless you meant party members.  

Banshee: If undetected, weapons remain silent when fired for the duration of the mission. Perk fades once detected though.

Her passive makes weapons silent already.

Sorry I don'y know much about Amiibo's so I can't really offer anything.

2 hours ago, Madway7 said:

Her passive makes weapons silent already.

Sorry I don'y know much about Amiibo's so I can't really offer anything.

2 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

This one I like. 

This one not so much because companions already get prowl benefits.  Unless you meant party members.  

The amiibos are of the frames. The perks given would go for any frame you're playing, not specifically the one the amiibo is of.

I highly doubt this will happen, and really hope it doesn't. This is an online game, and has multiple players across multiple platforms, things like amiibo percs would not go well among the community, it would come with many people crying foul because the switch has extra percs the others don't. DE has, if not a bit trolly, been a fair team for all the platforms, adding something only the switch would get would be quite unfair to the community as a whole. If they were to embrace anything like that it would have to be a one off or so small that it is negligible, or do nothing in game and just exist, if it did exist maybe it just is used to change loadouts, have it saved to the amiibo as data, but other than that, anything else would just be unfair for anyone else. 

11 minutes ago, Sakasil said:

I highly doubt this will happen, and really hope it doesn't. This is an online game, and has multiple players across multiple platforms, things like amiibo percs would not go well among the community, it would come with many people crying foul because the switch has extra percs the others don't. DE has, if not a bit trolly, been a fair team for all the platforms, adding something only the switch would get would be quite unfair to the community as a whole. If they were to embrace anything like that it would have to be a one off or so small that it is negligible, or do nothing in game and just exist, if it did exist maybe it just is used to change loadouts, have it saved to the amiibo as data, but other than that, anything else would just be unfair for anyone else. 

well currently, without crossplay, there is no problem with switch having some amiibo perk.. it's not like it's unfair to other people who doesnt own switch because they never played together and people who play on switch have option to buy them..

and if it does indeed happens, warframe isnt the only online game with amibo perk.. if i'm not mistaken splatoon 2 have amiibo perk as well..

Edited by (PS4)calvin_0

I'd have to say no as a whole to the idea.

Not because it gives one platform a gameplay effecting bonus over the others but because it is simply a gateway to actual P2W. And such things should stay the hell out of online games as a whole. Even though Splatoon(?) may have it, it doesnt mean it is a good idea or the way to go. 

Just as people went "oh there is no harm in lootboxes, afterall it is a F2P game". Then "wham!" a few years later every money grabbing cocksucking publisher is trying to push them in every single type of game.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

I'd have to say no as a whole to the idea.

Not because it gives one platform a gameplay effecting bonus over the others but because it is simply a gateway to actual P2W. And such things should stay the hell out of online games as a whole. Even though Splatoon(?) may have it, it doesnt mean it is a good idea or the way to go. 

Just as people went "oh there is no harm in lootboxes, afterall it is a F2P game". Then "wham!" a few years later every money grabbing cocksucking publisher is trying to push them in every single type of game.

well this is DE that we are talking about, they remove a slot machine that they accidentally created because someone spend too much money on it... so I think we are save from P2W or Money milking element unless someone else took over...

• 1 month later...
On ‎2018‎-‎10‎-‎28 at 2:41 AM, Sakasil said:

amiibos  are a part of the switch. Pc gets every update first some cry foul. It would be nice to see amiibos on warframe. Maybe not interact with the abilities but specter drops once a day or exclusive skins. So far switch can't even use tennogen skins.