Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Character Concept: Sentients) Junpow

Crimsonblack

19 minutes ago, Sc10n0fD4rksp0r3 said:

Great job, now how about two badasses and two femme fatales: Nekros, Oberon, Valkyr, and Mirage.

I’d also like to hear what Junpow would say if he fell for Mirage’s pranks; first once, then twice. Remember, Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

I'll do it tomorrow. Tired right now.

11 hours ago, Sc10n0fD4rksp0r3 said:

Great job, now how about two badasses and two femme fatales: Nekros, Oberon, Valkyr, and Mirage.

I’d also like to hear what Junpow would say if he fell for Mirage’s pranks; first once, then twice. Remember, Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

It's done.

Super-special origin story? Check

More powerful than others for no good reason? Check

Le "Edgy" sassy responses? Overdrive Check!

Ding Ding! We got ourselves a bona fide Mary Sue over here!

Even worse, this character serves literally no purpose. By making a Sentient that is "different" (easier to self-insert into) than others, you break the idea of what Sentients are supposed to be. If you want an edgy analytical guy, you can make a Corpus scientist or a Tyl Regor clone.

57 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

Super-special origin story? Check

More powerful than others for no good reason? Check

Le "Edgy" sassy responses? Overdrive Check!

Ding Ding! We got ourselves a bona fide Mary Sue over here!

Even worse, this character serves literally no purpose. By making a Sentient that is "different" (easier to self-insert into) than others, you break the idea of what Sentients are supposed to be. If you want an edgy analytical guy, you can make a Corpus scientist or a Tyl Regor clone.

Its origin is not 'special'. Others have more varied stories.

It has no 'super powers'.

Its responses aren't edgy. It's judgmental based on what it does and doesn't see as valuable. I'd look up the definition if I were you.

Good thing none of what you said applies to it.

Edited by Crimsonblack

7 minutes ago, Crimsonblack said:

His origin is not 'special'.

"the only sentient that somehow gained independent will"

Suuuure.

He has no 'super powers'.

Nope, none, all those special descriptions with super-powered lasers don't exist.

"non-playable character that pops up randomly in missions to mess with your frames temporarily just to see what will happen. It goes from simple things like wiping your shields to manipulating machinery around to become much more powerful. It wants to gather as much information as it can until the day its body is rediscovered."

Yeah, ok, so he's a super awesome "control everything" guy. Even worse than I initially thought.

His responses aren't edgy.

"A hulking brute over-relying on strength and nothing else. A simple stick will destroy your balance and leave you vulnerable. No posture. No position. No form. A terrible warframe."

"Aaaah. You are the fabled 'Gara' of glass. The one who defeated the least mighty of our mightiest. I thought you destroyed. You have the persistence to come back from the dead. If you have such determination, show me the power and strategy employed to defeat Eidolon. There are more interesting things than simple power. Do not disappoint me."

He sounds like an anime villain. A bad one.

I know you will never agree, because I just "attacked" your precious self-insert. 

Edited by HugintheCrow
saw something even worse

1 minute ago, HugintheCrow said:

Suuuure.

Nope, none, all those special descriptions with super-powered lasers don't exist.

"A hulking brute over-relying on strength and nothing else. A simple stick will destroy your balance and leave you vulnerable. No posture. No position. No form. A terrible warframe."

"Aaaah. You are the fabled 'Gara' of glass. The one who defeated the least mighty of our mightiest. I thought you destroyed. You have the persistence to come back from the dead. If you have such determination, show me the power and strategy employed to defeat Eidolon. There are more interesting things than simple power. Do not disappoint me."

He sounds like an anime villain. A bad one.

I know you will never agree, because I just "attacked" your precious self-insert. 

I'll revise this.

I mean, it's not like we have other things that are OP, and I never said they were super powered. The Jackals, the Eidolon, Jordas Golem, Lephantis, Kela de Thaym, Ambulas...

Junpow is implying that there are greater sentients than the Eidolon. Not once did it imply it was even close to its weight class, which it isn't. At best it's a class above the conculysts.

HA HA HA! You don't even have an argument! Did I trigger you somehow?

6 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

Suuuure.

I just checked. This was never implied nor said in the story.

Tch. Another who skims over something just so they can complain about something that doesn't exist. Are you bored? You need a talk?

2 minutes ago, Crimsonblack said:

I'll revise this.

I mean, it's not like we have other things that are OP, and I never said they were super powered. The Jackals, the Eidolon, Jordas Golem, Lephantis, Kela de Thaym, Ambulas...

Junpow is implying that there are greater sentients than the Eidolon. Not once did it imply it was even close to its weight class, which it isn't. At best it's a class above the conculysts.

HA HA HA! You don't even have an argument! Did I trigger you somehow?

Yeah, I really dislike Mary Sues. There is enough of them on the internet already.

1 minute ago, Crimsonblack said:

I just checked. This was never implied nor said in the story.

Tch. Another who skims over something just so they can complain about something that doesn't exist. Are you bored? You need a talk?

"Junpow was no longer sentient. It had attained sapience. It could truly think for itself, learn and base its actions on that knowledge. It no longer went in a straight line as dictated by Hunhow and his seeds."

1 minute ago, Crimsonblack said:

Tch.

You're not in an anime, calm down mr cool protagonist.

Yeah, I really dislike Mary Sues. There is enough of them on the internet already.

Good thing Junpow isn't one, then.

Also, I didn't say the other sentients didn't have independent will. I said Junpow attained sapience. Sentience and sapience are two very different things.

"Junpow was no longer sentient. It had attained sapience. It could truly think for itself, learn and base its actions on that knowledge. It no longer went in a straight line as dictated by Hunhow and his seeds."

You're not in an anime, calm down mr cool protagonist.

What am I looking for?

3 minutes ago, Crimsonblack said:

What am I looking for?

Your own words that disprove your defense.

8 minutes ago, Crimsonblack said:

This was never implied nor said in the story.

5 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

It could truly think for itself, learn and base its actions on that knowledge

Do I have to increase the size of the font?

"It doesn't have independence"

"It does have independence"

6 minutes ago, Crimsonblack said:

Good thing Junpow isn't one, then.

You don't get to decide that. The thing about Mary Sues is that their creator can never see what they made. Only someone from outside can see it.

Just now, HugintheCrow said:

You don't get to decide that. The thing about Mary Sues is that their creator can never see what they made. Only someone from outside can see it.

How so? I see nothing disproving it.

I shall revise this, then.

Good thing Junpow is not a mary-sue, then.

40 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

How does this sound instead? " It could work on what it had, and while it still worked to the goals of Hunhow and his seeds, it could take a different approach to the problems it was confronted with. "

I also redid the quote.

Edited by Crimsonblack

1 hour ago, Sc10n0fD4rksp0r3 said:

Getting these in before work: Chroma, Frost, Volt, and Octavia. Especially when Junpow encounters Octavia’s complete Anthem.

Done, but I didn't mention Octavia's full anthem. That's part of another quest, I think. Not sure what you mean.

Edited by Crimsonblack

4 minutes ago, Crimsonblack said:

They are? Hmmm. I'll think about it. I want it to be unaware of some things, though. Anything else?

He might be initially unaware of it, but he then notices the behavior of Grineer/Corpus/Infested who are affected by the music during his “assassination” mission and decided to focus on the music itself.

Also, for Later: Inaros, Equinox, Mag, Banshee.

Just now, Sc10n0fD4rksp0r3 said:

He might be initially unaware of it, but he then notices the behavior of Grineer/Corpus/Infested who are affected by the music during his “assassination” mission and decided to focus on the music itself.

Also, for Later: Inaros, Equinox, Mag, Banshee.

Sounds like an interesting idea. Never seen anyone play Equinox, so that'll take some research.