Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Black screen, send pc into sleep mode?

doinurmop1234

Hear me out, I may be completely stupid, and wrong about this being a warframe bug.

Pretty much everytime I play warframe for an extended period of time (1-2hours) my screens black out, and my fans stop like the pc is being sent into sleep mode, no sound or anything, then it comes back on, all normal. Except the game which had pretty much crashed (audio there, but the game window is transparent, no actual game there)

As I said, I may be wrong about this being a warframe specific bug? And It may be my hardware, but even after a tonne of testing, it seems like it's only happening on warframe.

Sorry if I'm  wrong and wasting time though, that'd be my B.

If you wanna know my specs

CPU

i5 4690k

Motherboard

ASUS H81M-E

RAM

8GB Corsair vengeance

GPU

AMD AORUS RX 580 XTR

Case

NZXT S340

Storage

1 TB WD Blue HDD x2

PSU

600 watt PSU

Cooling

Air cooling

Is anyone else having a similar issue?

Let me know if so, or just call me stupid since I may be!

5 minutes ago, BustyChicken said:

this exactly whats happening to me. thought it was my GPU and swapped in the old one, and it still happened. doesnt happen in any other programs

Wait really? Well glad to hear it isn't just me. Seriously man I felt like I was going insane.

I tried playing in windowed mode last night. Played for about 3 hours and had no issues then. But it's a bit hard to draw a conclusion, since it's so inconsistent for me.

So far it hasn't seemed to be hardware though? It doesn't happen anywhere else (I think once on a different game, but that was a different situation)

And I mean, I've done a stress test using furmark. My temps were stable, same as they were on warframe for about an hour, and my S#&$ didn't crash so it cant be the PSU.

It's such a confusing issue.

i will try playing in windowed mode, its kinda hard to test like you said. i thought i had it fixed when i turned off directx10 in the launcher, but you can guess how that turned out. im just banking on there being a fix before fortuna drops lol. my specs are completely different than yours, so i think that kinda rules out hardware issues

On 2018-10-29 at 12:39 AM, BustyChicken said:

i will try playing in windowed mode, its kinda hard to test like you said. i thought i had it fixed when i turned off directx10 in the launcher, but you can guess how that turned out. im just banking on there being a fix before fortuna drops lol. my specs are completely different than yours, so i think that kinda rules out hardware issues

Hopefully it works for you, so far in windowed mode I have played without any crashes. Im gonna try playing fullscreen later and see if it crashes again.