Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bad Riven Combo

Azariahz

Rifle Riven Mod, Complete an extermination mission with level 30 or higher enemies without being detected with an Extinguished Dragon Key equipped. Some combos should be impossible to get, this one in particular could be change to "Sit at the start of the mission while someone else completes the objective for you", or "Spend 2 hours in a single mission with covert lethality equipped" if you're trying to do it solo, as the Extinguished key makes ranged weapons unreliable.

Also, syndicate squads should not be able to spawn on you when doing "without being detected" missions, as it is an immediate fail if you do not have stealth.

While we're on riven mods, it would be nice if the objective was displayed in the ESC menu with an indicator displaying if you're mission is still valid or failed.

2 minutes ago, NekroArts said:

I have to ask, did you actually attempted to try this with the most optimal setup you can use or is this in theory?

Yes I did, and I gave up after failing it a few times and just had a friend do the mission while I stayed stealth. Also had syndicate squads spawn on me on two attempts.

... what.

Don't these challenges only fail if enemies see you directly? Something like this should be a cakewalk if you have Ivara/Octavia, and still incredibly easy if you have Loki/Ash/etc. No Covert Lethality required; the enemies don't necessarily have to die in one hit.

3 minutes ago, Azariahz said:

Yes I did, and I gave up after failing it a few times and just had a friend do the mission while I stayed stealth. Also had syndicate squads spawn on me on two attempts.

I get syndicate squads shouldn't be thing with how it auto fails out of RNG, but there are guns that still can still do enough damage that the key wouldn't have a significant impact. From experience the only reasons of getting detect to fail the riven is because of being seen, heard, or colliding with a unit.

Just now, HansLuft778 said:

Doesn't sound that hard at all. I would use loki with a Atterax/Guandao/Orthos Prime and kill them. If I am not wrong the enemy is allowed to be suspicious but is not allowed to see you (invisibility with loki -> no problem) 

The part that makes this one really tedious, is the Extinguished dragon key, if you don't kill them one shot then they are alerted, which can easily happen when you need to kill over 100 enemies for a 30+ exterminate.

The other problems I ran into were enemies patrols never splitting up in some areas (corpus map, 5 enemies patrolling a dead end) or enemies rushing the next area if you pass by them on the grineer asteroid tileset (Didn't try other grineer tilesets)

Using a dagger with covert lethality works, if the patrols ever split up.

Yes, this one is possible to do solo, however it's extremely tedious and time consuming with all the random things that can completely mess up stealth, like ambulas drop ships, or grineer that summon companions.

2 minutes ago, Azariahz said:

The part that makes this one really tedious, is the Extinguished dragon key, if you don't kill them one shot then they are alerted, which can easily happen when you need to kill over 100 enemies for a 30+ exterminate.

The other problems I ran into were enemies patrols never splitting up in some areas (corpus map, 5 enemies patrolling a dead end) or enemies rushing the next area if you pass by them on the grineer asteroid tileset (Didn't try other grineer tilesets)

Maybe they changed it, but it's fine if the enemies are getting alerted. You are only not allowed to get detected by an enemy.

3 minutes ago, HansLuft778 said:

Maybe they changed it, but it's fine if the enemies are getting alerted. You are only not allowed to get detected by an enemy.

That's correct, you have to hide while someone else completes the mission. If you do it with someone else the riven is trivial.

8 minutes ago, Raskolnikow said:

Excuse me? I had THE SAME challange today, did it under 5 min with Loki and rubico with literally no problems lol

I have a hard time believing this, as the mission takes 5 minutes to complete with no conditions. Unless you weren't solo or didn't have the same conditions on the riven.

I have a hard time believing this, as the mission takes 5 minutes to complete with no conditions. Unless you weren't solo or didn't have the same conditions on the riven.

It was solo, maybe not under ok, but around 5 min

did 1shot everything on adaro with rubico -1 mod for the riven (was target aquired so not a big deal anyway)

Just get an equinox, build it for range duration, cast 2nd in night form and kill sleeping enemies with a dagger (covert letality build). Use the augment if you want, helps a lot. Better do this with a sentinel with radar mod and if you can put one even on the frame so you know where cast 2nd.

This is the same method used for affinity farm before POE and Sanctuary Onslaught.

Edited by (PS4)cleefsentence

9 minutes ago, (PS4)cleefsentence said:

Just get an equinox, build it for range duration, cast 2nd in night form and kill sleeping enemies with a dagger (covert letality build). Use the augment if you want, helps a lot. Better do this with a sentinel with radar mod and if you can put one even on the frame so you know where cast 2nd.

This is the same method used for affinity farm before POE and Sanctuary Onslaught.

One of the few frames I'm missing, I'll have to try that build out when I finally get the parts.

14 minutes ago, Azariahz said:

Was using Paris Prime 3 Forma, Swapped to the Karyst with covert lethality for consistent one shot kills.

I would use a melee with a nice blood rush build (or/and maining strike) and punch them in the face. As a frame something like Octavia/loki/ivara/ash for invisibility.

3 minutes ago, HansLuft778 said:

I would use a melee with a nice blood rush build (or/and maining strike) and punch them in the face. As a frame something like Octavia/loki/ivara/ash for invisibility.

If you don't kill them in one shot they become alerted to you, and the challenge is failed. Which is why I stopped using the ranged weapon because it wasn't consistently one hit killing them. The dagger with covert lethality was, but you still have to wait for the enemies to split up because if they see someone die, they become alerted which fails the riven challenge.

If you don't kill them in one shot they become alerted to you, and the challenge is failed. Which is why I stopped using the ranged weapon because it wasn't consistently one hit killing them. The dagger with covert lethality was, but you still have to wait for the enemies to split up because if they see someone die, they become alerted which fails the riven challenge.

okay, that's strange. Then you can try to use high damage weapons such sniper rifles.

1 hour ago, Azariahz said:

If you have a hard time believing that, then I don't know what to tell you. Like someone said, that mission's cakewalk with numerous loadouts and frames available for use, Loki being the frame I use with Hushed Invisibility augment. I keep my eye on the duration timer of my invisibility and I simply hide right before it's over and recast it. Then I run around killing things as normal.

I have a hard time believing that that's a "bad riven combo."

11 hours ago, Azariahz said:

Rifle Riven Mod, Complete an extermination mission with level 30 or higher enemies without being detected with an Extinguished Dragon Key equipped.

Go to Adaro, build your sniper rifle for radiation damage.  Use Loki with Hushed Invisibility or another stealth frame with Hush on the Sniper Rifle.  Use radar mods so you never get surprised by enemies.  Take your time (and use duration mods so you have time) and get headshots.  Make sure your sentinel is unarmed so they don't unload on enemies (Kavats seem pretty smart, not sure about Kubrows). 

Sniper rifles are very capable of killing level 30 enemies, even with an Extinguished Dragon Key.  If you're not killing them in one shot, you're either undergeared or using the wrong damage type.  You could probably also use a shotgun, but a sniper rifle is more precise and less likely to accidentally tag a second target.