Limbo is actually kinda bad in Arbitrations

AlexanderDMoon

Arbiter Shield Drones are invincible to everything except Operator attacks while in the Cataclysm, and while banished. Just thought I'd let you guys know, since I had a rather annoying session with that earlier.

No, this isn't a "ReMoVe LiMbO rEeEe" post, it's just a PSA sort of thing to let everyone know that the shield drones are a bit screwy with Limbo.

• Like 1

Greetings, Limbo main here. Limbo is boss vs Grineer and Infested. In the bubble you can use operator to kill them inside and outside as well. Vs Corpus and Corrupted the nullfiiers can be bothersome but again nothing that operator cant handle. Also depends on how alert your team is for nullys and red shield drones. 

Are you crazy? I use Limbo mostly in arbitration. Mostly for excavation and interception. He is GODLY!! Trust me, once your operator is tanky enough, and that it can output enough damage, your Limbo us basically a god among the Warframes, because you'll never have to get a hit, and you can protect everything. 

Limbo main too xD

if you're in an organized Squad where you can have the other Players be fulltime on shooting the Arbitration Drones, then it can work out.

it's objectively a bad idea vs anything but Infested though(even vs Infested, Mutalist Power Carriers are still a significant threat) - it's giving Enemies the opportunity to shoot things you don't want them to shoot, for every Millisecond that the Arbitration Drone is alive.
it's a very risky ploy vs other options, and as such highly not recommended.
i would therefore implore "mains" to keep that in mind. any Arbitration Drone can create numerous pockets of extreme danger, especially so if you have a Health based Objective to defend. it doesn't take many Shots to have a bad day, since the goal of Arbitrations is to face Enemies at Levels much higher than any Level Scaling may award you at the beginning of the Mission.

Limbo is god in all game modes including arbitration. It really doesn't matter that the drone is immune to rift because all it means is that they are always on normal plain and can't hurt you in the rift. The drones can't pull enemies out of the rift so you have nothing to worry about. If a drone makes it into your cataclysm just go outside and shoot it from the normal plain. Easy peasy.

TL;DR: limbo is no more affected by drones than any other frame. If anything he's less affected.

Edited by Betsill

11 minutes ago, yles9056 said:

You guys are missing the point.

OP is just trying to remind Limbo users that Arbiter Shield Drones can only be damaged by operators in Cataclysm, which can be annoying.

I would say it's rather an advantage, since you can't kill with your normal weapons while in Cataclysm

35 minutes ago, mikakor said:

I would say it's rather an advantage, since you can't kill with your normal weapons while in Cataclysm

I'm sorry, I don't understand. Normal weapons kill things faster than operator amps. So what makes it an advantage?

2 hours ago, yles9056 said:

You guys are missing the point.

OP is just trying to remind Limbo users that Arbiter Shield Drones can only be damaged by operators in Cataclysm, which can be annoying.

Yes you can. You just have to shoot them from outside the cataclysm.

2 hours ago, yles9056 said:

I'm sorry, I don't understand. Normal weapons kill things faster than operator amps. So what makes it an advantage?

You cast cata + stasis, and when a drone come, you pop the OP and you kill it. Result, the excavator us still alive ( if you do a good job ) and everything else is dead or stasis'ed. And your Limbo didn't took a hit. 

With Limbo I can go up to 20 excavator, in pub, because I know what I'm doing. You just have to be quick. 

2 minutes ago, yles9056 said:

Yes, I know that. But have you ever seen max range Limbo build that is able to cover the entire room with Cataclysm?

don't use max range limbo lol Max range limbo is for spy, hive, and killing really low lvl enemies.

1 hour ago, Betsill said:

don't use max range limbo lol Max range limbo is for spy, hive, and killing really low lvl enemies.

Don't tell me. Tell those Limbo players. Some players prefer high range build. Max range Limbo can be good in the right situation. It's not just for nuking low lvl enemies.

1 hour ago, mikakor said:

You cast cata + stasis, and when a drone come, you pop the OP and you kill it.

And this is what I'm concerned about. Operator amps don't have enough damage to kill it quickly enough if enemy level is high. And we all know how people hate it when something slows them down.

If amps dealt enough damage, this post wouldn't exist in the first place.

Edited by yles9056

51 minutes ago, yles9056 said:

Don't tell me. Tell those Limbo players. Some players prefer high range build. Max range Limbo can be good in the right situation. It's not just for nuking low lvl enemies.

And this is what I'm concerned about. Operator amps don't have enough damage to kill it quickly enough if enemy level is high. And we all know how people hate it when something slows them down.

If amps deal enough damage, this post wouldn't exist in the first place.

Well, for me, it does enough damage. I can go all the time I want, the excavator stays alive. So there is a problem then, because if I do enough damage... "Why" do this thread exist? 

Edited by mikakor

9 hours ago, mikakor said:

Well, for me, it does enough damage. I can go all the time I want, the excavator stays alive. So there is a problem then, because if I do enough damage... "Why" do this thread exist? 

You may do enough damage to the drone, but you miss the fact that your normal ranged or melee options will clear a far bigger area in one go as you wipe the drone and everything around it.

Limbo is horribly annoying in arbitrations, not only for how he interacts with drones but due to all the other regular flaws tied to him aswell, like a poorly managed #3 in the mix of it all. An issue that applies to a large part of the Limbo community.

In the end I think most of it is more a max-range Limbo issue. Basic or negative range builds usually work very well with little interruption to gameplay, even when it comes to drones. They simply do the job they are there for, protecting the objective while also making it easy to move in/out/around cataclysm as needed for the group, removing the need to pop into operator to take out drones. It is afterall a massive dps loss to have to switch between operator for each drone.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

It is afterall a massive dps loss to have to switch between operator for each drone.

meh. it still makes me do high numbers of rotation, so i'm totally good with it.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

like a poorly managed #3 in the mix of it all. An issue that applies to a large part of the Limbo community. 

i never really understood the three, despite maining Limbo for 2 years now... '-'