Tweaks from a nidus player

Thundersquid

I might be in the wrong section but as I was customizing the delux nidus skin I couldn't help but wish there was a way we could toggle the mutation stacking effect off on the delux skin.  I think the skin is absolutely incredible but on 7 separate youtube fashion videos the player commented during the video that the mutation stacks were sometimes a pain and that the skin was more that awesome without the stacking effect. I really have to agree here as i find myself in love with the no stacked skin but just alittle overwhelmed when i get to 10 (particularly the huge shoulder spikes that throw the character off).  With all the customization in warframe and the ability to toggle other things on the character I would love to see this added so we can choose the specific look of our nidus.  The skin makes you feel like an arbitor out to exterminate the grineer project gone wrong and being able to toggle the full mutation effect of even choose what variation of the effect you want to be allowed to progress to would be neat and alittle added love to the frame and skin.  Also, along with the skin make a halo styled energy sword.  Common, its set up so perfectly for it. I get that copy rights and stuff might be a pain but this pipe dream needs to happen. 

I grudingly bought the skin more for the companion skins and syandana than much else. The dead flesh arms are more at home on Nekros or Inaros. On Nidus they are odd. The wrought iron fence elements, the spikes and what not, also look Goth rather than infested horror. The metal brain... None of it says infested.

What the community needs is a head to go with the skin that doesn’t clash so much.

On 2018-10-27 at 8:15 PM, (PS4)teacup775 said:

I grudingly bought the skin more for the companion skins and syandana than much else. The dead flesh arms are more at home on Nekros or Inaros. On Nidus they are odd. The wrought iron fence elements, the spikes and what not, also look Goth rather than infested horror. The metal brain... None of it says infested.

What the community needs is a head to go with the skin that doesn’t clash so much.

You realize that they don’t have to be limited to the frames main theme to make a deluxe skin.

1 hour ago, (PS4)teacup775 said:

Sure. But the theme dissonance doesn’t spin my crank. Metal brain and goth also clash.

I see the skin more as a demonic hell spawn. So the exposed brain makes more sense.

Also the name of the skin “Phryke” is Latin(?) for Nightmare.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

3 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Also the name of the skin “Phryke” is Latin(?) for Nightmare.

Greek for horror. Same could be said of regular skin. The delux skin just doesn’t really work for me. Only a few of the deluxe skins really do.

I wish DE would recruit some Tenno gen guys to make more delux skins.