Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An idea regarding Clan Contributations.

Dr_R_Eaper

TLDR: For those unable to decipher my sleep deprived ramblings.

You collect 100 Resources in a mission, that's yours, no one is taking that away from you.  What I'm suggesting is for those in Clans is an additionally 10% is generated and added to your clan.

Go in mission you find 100R.

You get 100R

Your Clan gets 10R

For a total of 110R. 

You lose nothing, and your clan gains additional resources.

Right it's late, my eyes are barely staying open, but I had a idea, granted I know very little on the subject, but bare with me.

So right now you set up a room or decorations contribute recourses, thing gets made, you destroy it resources go in the Clan Vault.  I'm sure that's the basics of it, if I messed something up correct me.

Now from what I understand specially with the smaller Clans is a problem is not all members contribute, for what ever reasons.

Now here comes my idea, stay with me here.  Keep all that normal stuff up there, but add a resource tax that goes directly into the vault that came be used for construction or research or whatever.

Now I can already hear you screaming at me "I don't want to give up my hard earned resources, I worked hard for them, there mine". Now calm down I'm tired I don't need you screaming at me, I'm saying to take away your resources.  What I'm suggesting is a percentage of what you make in your normal day to day grind is matched and paid to the Clan Vault.

So you run a mission you gain say 100 Alloy Plate and for example we'll use a 10% tax.

100 AP goes your account, and 10 AP goes to the Vault.

Now we all know that anything goes in that vault is only being used for Clan stuff, so it won't help any where else.  And you still contribute from your own pockets if need be, obliviously there are still things you need to craft yourself too.

The way I'm looking at is a way to passively generate resources to balance those not contributing to projects.  You have 20 members, but only two active members not really going to help much, you have 20 active members, but only two contributing then it will help.

I'm tired, I've said my piece, now I'm going to sleep.

Edited by Dr_R_Eaper

You can check contributions from each member and decide if you wana keep them or not. If you are really bothered about them not contributing.

I also fail to see how it affects smaller clans more than the bigger ones.
Taxing people at this point would just upset people. 
- make a lot of people go clanless and only join clans when they need tech and then leave again.
- Would make people migrate to clans that actually use the resources otherwise they would feel like their resources are being wasted and cause dispute on how to use the resources for the clan (when before it was a free will thing you gave, now with taxing it would an extra feel of responsability for people incharge and a feeling of entitlement for those that give the resources away).

Right so first off I run a solo box clan, so most of what I'm talking about doesn't apply to me and mention right at the top my knowledge of is very limited. I also have no idea how this would effect different size clans, but I was thinking percentage based probably, 10% of a large clan contributing is still more people than 10% of a small clan.

Second, either I didn't explain it very well or your just skipping straight over the part where I said no we're not taking resource away from you.

You do a mission earn 100 Alloy plate, that's yours, but if your in a clan another 10 Alloy plate is generated and put in the Clan vault separate from your takings.

Like when your employer pay a percentage into a pension fund based on your earnings without taking it from you.

All of this is about generating addition resource income, separate from what you make from missions.

5 minutes ago, Dr_R_Eaper said:

You do a mission earn 100 Alloy plate, that's yours, but if your in a clan another 10 Alloy plate is generated and put in the Clan vault separate from your takings.

Ah, I didn't understand that. But that means instead of taking from players, your reducing grind and play time thus hurting DE. Also screwing over everyone that has farmed resources for the clan so far. Adding extra resource income is hurting the grind system DE set up to keep you playing.

Also the way you math those 10% of a large clan being higher than 10% of a ghost clan is just... not how percentages work and not taking into account how hard it is to have 1000 people playing (moon clan) vs 10 people playing (ghost clan).

Fair enough, not something I was taking into account, but I would still think it would be small enough to still warrant personal contributions.

Also 10% of 1000 people is more than 10% of 10 people no matter how you cut it and I was only taking into account people, I know that resources needed scale up with the size of a clan, but I wasn't thinking about that.

17 hours ago, Dr_R_Eaper said:

Again not reading the whole post. 

Not a tax, more like gift aid. The lotus is donating a percentage of your resources income to your clan. 

You loose nothing. 

Incorrect.   You lose resources to clan.  Needs to be player side not clan side

The whole clan economy needs a rework, the current system hurts the bigger clans more than it does the smaller clans at the moment (read my other post in case you wanna see my suggestions) . 

I like your idea of passive contribution automatically adding to clan (you may want to rephrase your sentence as it sounds like tax to people who don't read full posts correctly) 

10 hours ago, Klokwerkaos said:

Incorrect.   You lose resources to clan.  Needs to be player side not clan side

You lose nothing!

You collect 100 Resources in a mission, that's yours, no one is taking that away from you.  What I'm suggesting is for those in Clans is an additionally 10% is generated and added to your clan.

You get 100R

Your Clan gets 10R

For a total of 110R.

@0_The_F00I

Thank you so much for reading though and understanding my posts, and yes I really need to rephrase it better.

Read your post, haven't really touched on the dojo decoration portion yet, but it doesn't really make sense why all those items with no other function but decoration would require so many rare resources.

5 hours ago, Dr_R_Eaper said:

You lose nothing!

You get 100R

Your Clan gets 10R

For a total of 110R.

@0_The_F00I

Thank you so much for reading though and understanding my posts, and yes I really need to rephrase it better.

Read your post, haven't really touched on the dojo decoration portion yet, but it doesn't really make sense why all those items with no other function but decoration would require so many rare resources.

So you want even more free stuff...

Yeah, this isn't gonna fly.  GL.