Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept - Cirrus the Cloud Warrior

(XBOX)Nightseid

Cirrus = wispy cloud

work in progress::

QII8faV.jpg

+++++++

Lore:

The dance of winds. During the final descent of the Sentient. The lovers of the sky and wind rained down glass and light from the bodies of their fallen in a harmonious dance of blade and gun. So swift and graceful the two were. Their dance endured for what seems an eternity but these two did falter. they managed to hold the Sentients back for what seemed days. That was until the red devil himself came. Legend has it, Cirrus and his sky goddess were once true lovers in another life before their transformation and he may have had some memory left for the nimble warrior pushed his winged sky-goddess back to the earth letting himself be plucked by the red devil, sacrificing his life for hers. The Red Devil tore his body, scattered his parts throughout the Origin system.

Lucky for you Tenno, I think I may have found one his parts here in Fortuna but are you fast enough

Acquisition

Perhaps Tenno, we can help each other. So I have calculated my total debt and I can be debt free with your help. So, the corpus hold 3 special races and I have managed to steal…err, I mean, scrounge up enough credits to enter in the preliminaries. I’m not much of a racer, as you can see, but I have seen you zip by and I think we, I mean you, can help me break these chains and finally be free of the corpus. Oh and in case you are not convinced, I have a source that tells me that the grand prize is of a warframe blueprint.

<accept>

Ha! I knew you were interested. I’m glad we can be partners on this. So grab your K-drive and head down to the steam tunnels of Fortuna. Hurry they should be starting soon...

Stats @ Rank 30

Health- 200

Shield- 300

Armor- 15

Energy- 225

Passive

Float – Cirrus’ aim-glide is extended.  While aim-gliding Cirrus floats in mid-air and it intangible phasing projectile damage through him.  

Abilities 

1-Storm Front

*cast more than once

Strength: 80/100/120/150Dps; reduce enemy accuracy:  30/35/40/50% *stacks with fog

Status Duration: 8/10/12/15s; speed 2meters per sec; cloud expansion rate 1/2/3/5 meters per second

Range: 10/12/13/15m; cloud thickness (initial) 1/1.5/2/3m; degree 90/100/120/180

Cast a slow forward moving cumulus cloud that expands as it moves, this cloud deals damage to enemies based on the element it absorbs most from allies.  Enemies caught in the cloud will their accuracy reduced.

2- Vapor

*cast more than once

Duration: 8/10/15/20s

Cirrus goes into a gaseous state making him “lightweight (like zephyr) and only able to deal and receive elemental damage for the abilities duration. Cirrus can cancel this ability at anytime.

3- Fog

Duration: 10/15/17/20s

Wave speed: 5m/s

Range: 6/12/18/24m

Cirrus conjures a thick fog around him, making it tough for enemies to see reducing their accuracy. This fog, however, reveals enemies within and cloaks crouching/sliding allies.

4- Battle Drum  

Range: 12/14/16/18m

Energy Cost: 100

Cirrus summons his drum of war to play a quick beat that generates an aura the boast him and his allies.

Cirrus will have up to 4 seconds to play a 4/ (100 bpm) melody, during this time Cirrus is invulnerable. Cirrus’ other abilities slot will be beats he can play. Each beat provides a different buff.

Beat 1 – Rain – regenerate health. Heal per beat = 200 (tap).

Beat 2 – thunder- increase power strength. Boost per beat = 200 (tap).

Beat 3 – lightning – increases elemental attack damage. Boost oer beat = 200(tap).

Holding a beat will add 2x, 3x, 4x multiplier to that buff.

Should Cirrus decide not to play any beats after activating battle drum, his aura will silence all his attacks. To cancel the storm aura, Cirrus simply needs to hold the ability this will cause a lightning strike that blast nearby enemies.

retired abilities

Spoiler

Passive

Vapor – whenever Cirrus glide-aim transforms him into a puff of smoke, allowing him to move in any direction or simply float in place for the duration of bullet-jump.

Abilities

1-Storm Front

*cast more than once

Strength: 80/100/120/150Dps; reduce enemy accuracy:  30/35/40/50% *stacks with fog

Status Duration: 8/10/12/15s; speed 2meters per sec; cloud expansion rate 1/2/3/5 meters per second

Range: 10/12/13/15m; cloud thickness (initial) 1/1.5/2/3m; degree 90/100/120/180

Cast an forward moving expanding cloud that reduces enemy accuracy. Storm Front has a 100% chance to proc elemental damage it first absorbs to enemies caught in its path. Storm Front's elemental damage is based off the largest elemental damage it absorbs the most from allies'.

2- Cloudscape

*cast more than once

Strength: 80/100/120/150 Dps; Cloud formations 2/3/4/5

Duration: 8/10/15/20s

Range: 6/8/10/12m radius

Cirrus creates a cloud-decoy at his cast location and becomes invisible for 3 seconds (fixed). This cloud decoy draws enemy aggro for a short duration (5 seconds, fixed). Cloudscape will deal small elemental damage to nearby enemies based on the element it absorbs from the storm cloud ability. 

3- Fog

Duration: 10/15/17/20s

Wave speed: 5m/s

Range: 6/12/18/24m

Cirrus conjures a thick fog around him, making it tough for enemies to see reducing their accuracy. This fog, however, reveals enemies within and cloaks crouching/sliding allies.

4- Eye of the Storm

Strength: 150% dmg bonus

Strength: 50/60/70/80% Evasion

Range: 50m (shooting distance)

Energy drain: -12s

Cirrus wields Mjolnir and transforms into a Storm Avatar becoming nearly intangible and hard to hit. In this form, Cirrus can cast his other abilities. Casting cloudscape in this form will strafe in any direction 10 meters.

Synergy – if Cirrus strikes an enemy near one of his cloudscape creations the lightning chain into the cloud strike other nearby enemies (up to 80% of the damage).

Exhalted Weapon - Mjolnir

Type: exalted weapon

Trigger: held

Utility

Ammo Type: spear gun

Noise lvl: alarming

Fire rate: 12.0 rounds per sec

Accuracy: 100

Magazine size: 100 rounds per mag

Max ammo: 210 rounds

Disposition: n/a

Normal attacks

Total dmg: 50.0 Electric

Crit charge: 15%

Crit multi: 2.5x

Status chance: 15%

Throw Spear (cost 15 energy)

Total dmg: 700 (200 Electric, 500 Impact)

Crit chance: 5%

Crit multi: 2.0x

Status chance: 30%

Charge time: 0.5s

Fire rate: 1.0 round per sec.

Trigger type: charge

Reload time: 1.0 secs

Misc.

On Critical hit, Mjolnir has a 40% to chain unto a nearby target.

On Throw, Mjolnir explodes dealing electrical damage in a 5meter radius before immediately returning to Cirrus.

design concept WIP

Cirrus and Hammer

jJOzG7y.jpg

general concept: Cirrus' mane/afro leaves behind a trail of smoke.

ufZKNw8.jpg

Thunder Cloud active:

dAw8RaD.jpgdAw8RaD.jpg

Cirrus -  afro helmet

RicIs2C.jpg

Cirrus - Fan designs

QPmm4h6.jpg

by @KronikPlague

--update--

Spoiler

+11/16/2018 added WIP Cirrus with Mjolnir

+11/25/2018 added Mjolnir- Exhaulted Spear Gun

Edited by (XB1)Nightseid
adding additional items
  • Like 1

This is the best warframe idea I've seen here in a while.

Finally something interesting instead of another "muh edge" darkness/death copy-pasted disaster.

Only change I'd suggest is making his 4 damage reduction start out lower, so you need more strength to get it to 90% or higher.

• Like 2

On ‎2018‎-‎10‎-‎28 at 6:33 AM, Crimsonblack said:

I like the idea and the design, but you can add more life to it. A story, how he worked, what he did. Plenty of fun things.

thanks for the suggestion. added some lore.

On ‎2018‎-‎10‎-‎28 at 9:56 AM, HugintheCrow said:

This is the best warframe idea I've seen here in a while.

Finally something interesting instead of another "muh edge" darkness/death copy-pasted disaster.

Only change I'd suggest is making his 4 damage reduction start out lower, so you need more strength to get it to 90% or higher.

hmmm, ok I look into an appropriate starting point probably 60%

update to Cirrus

+added acquisition lore

+add cycle ability to stormcloud: firestorm, ice storm, toxic storm, electric storm.

+add ally buff to cloudscape

+ rename thundercloud to the eye of the storm

+ add chain lightning effect to the eye of the storm (aka thundercloud)

+ remove teleportation from cloudscape, added short duration stealth.

Edited by (XB1)Nightseid

I'm not sure about the quad-elemental 1 and 2. Sounds awful similar to Chroma, don't you think? Two Warframes able to switch between the four base elements rather reduces Chroma's uniqueness.

If you want to have different "modes," why not base them on different types of cloudy weather to generate your effects?

On 2018-11-09 at 10:55 PM, Endrian said:

I'm not sure about the quad-elemental 1 and 2. Sounds awful similar to Chroma, don't you think? Two Warframes able to switch between the four base elements rather reduces Chroma's uniqueness.

If you want to have different "modes," why not base them on different types of cloudy weather to generate your effects?

🤔

Well, cloudscape only switches elements based on what it absorbs from storm cloud but I do see what you mean - multiple abilities affected by elements.

My inital thoughts were having the clouds absorb whatever element was shot into it or whatever element is dominiate around the clouds but that would be utter chaos and messing with a caster's ability to setup defenses or offensive.

Any ideas regarding "cloudy weather"? I thought that is what I was attempting with the storm cloud cycle ability. 

Edited by (XB1)Nightseid

Review time;

passive; not gonna lie; this is what Wukong's cloud walker should have been, and i like it.

1st; i think you either want to increase the damage or the range; as Cloudscape is basically a better version of this ability without the 100% proc chance, especially as you described the damage of cloadscape as "small" whilst it is actually bigger than this ones. Also, you never specified how many storm clouds could be active at any one time; maybe five or four or hell only 2 but scales with strength? up to you.

2nd; as i mentioned before; currently a better version of storm cloud, so leave it be.

3rd; A good idea; only problem could be how it is implemented as it could be distracting/annoying for other players, similar to Limbo's cataclysm or Revenant's reave.

4th; okay i like this but that 15 energy per second drain is ridiculous for a frame that's suppose to use lots of energy for other abilities at the same time, unless you want the players to think about where to place clouds first before they use this, but even then i would lower it to 12 energy per second.

Overall, very interesting and fun concept, needs a few tweaks but i'm loving the idea.

Review time;

passive; not gonna lie; this is what Wukong's cloud walker should have been, and i like it.

1st; i think you either want to increase the damage or the range; as Cloudscape is basically a better version of this ability without the 100% proc chance, especially as you described the damage of cloadscape as "small" whilst it is actually bigger than this ones. Also, you never specified how many storm clouds could be active at any one time; maybe five or four or hell only 2 but scales with strength? up to you.

2nd; as i mentioned before; currently a better version of storm cloud, so leave it be.

3rd; A good idea; only problem could be how it is implemented as it could be distracting/annoying for other players, similar to Limbo's cataclysm or Revenant's reave.

4th; okay i like this but that 15 energy per second drain is ridiculous for a frame that's suppose to use lots of energy for other abilities at the same time, unless you want the players to think about where to place clouds first before they use this, but even then i would lower it to 12 energy per second.

Overall, very interesting and fun concept, needs a few tweaks but i'm loving the idea.

Edit; also, i wouldn't worry too much about trying to make this have totem style buffs, rather save that for a completely different concept as this concept already sounds solid as a fast, evasion, cloud based frame.

• Like 1

On 2018-11-10 at 9:27 AM, (XB1)Nightseid said:

Any ideas regarding "cloudy weather"? I thought that is what I was attempting with the storm cloud cycle ability. 

Keeping in mind this is just a suggestion:

Rather than being the third ability, fold "Fog" into the weather options for 1/2: Fog (damageless utility cloud; 1 blinds enemies [opens them to Finishers], 2 grants invisibility for allies), Hail (Impact damage; 1 inflicts knockdown and does damage, not sure what 2 would do), Acid Rain (Corrosive damage; 1 shreds armor and does damage, 2 adds Corrosive damage to ally weapon damage while within cloud)Sleet (Cold damage; 1 slows enemies and does damage; 2 increases Ally armor with an ice skin).

• Like 1

On 2018-11-12 at 12:44 PM, Endrian said:

Keeping in mind this is just a suggestion:

Rather than being the third ability, fold "Fog" into the weather options for 1/2: Fog (damageless utility cloud; 1 blinds enemies [opens them to Finishers], 2 grants invisibility for allies), Hail (Impact damage; 1 inflicts knockdown and does damage, not sure what 2 would do), Acid Rain (Corrosive damage; 1 shreds armor and does damage, 2 adds Corrosive damage to ally weapon damage while within cloud)Sleet (Cold damage; 1 slows enemies and does damage; 2 increases Ally armor with an ice skin).

Thanks but fog ability was the primary reason I had for this idea, so I rather have it as the a solo utility abilty.

🤔 if I read what your suggesting though perhaps I could switch storm clouds to use the following secondary instead of traditional 4 elements:

Corrosive (acid cloud), magnetic (geo cloud)  radiation (radiation cloud) and gas (gas cloud).

Then move the cloudscape element buff effects be an augmentation mod instead of being default (this should be enough to preserve chromas uniqueness too).

@AndouRaiton thanks for the review.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Nightseid said:

🤔 if I read what your suggesting though perhaps I could switch storm clouds to use the following secondary instead of traditional 4 elements:

Corrosive (acid cloud), magnetic (geo cloud)  radiation (radiation cloud) and gas (gas cloud).

The only concern I'd have there is that those aren't really weather-based. Clouds on their own aren't known to develop magnetic, radioactive, or toxic/poisonous gas properties. The acid rain suggestion I gave was a bit of a stretch as it was, because I wanted to suggest regular rain, but that wouldn't have done much different from the hail suggestion if you go by water properties the way Hydroid does them (Tempest Barrage's water missiles attack dealing Impact damage and knocking down enemies; Tidal Surge similarly does Impact damage as it crashes through enemies, then ends with Slashing as the wave "breaks," implying water-based damage is usually Impact or Slashing).

The alternative would be to do something like Zephyr: Don't have a "sub-element" for your clouds at all. Instead, create a basic "blank" cloud, which then changes to match the most prominent element of a weapon attack done in the area. For example, create a cloud, then fire an Ignis at it, and now the cloud's on fire, raining droplets of fire and dealing constant Heat damage.

• Like 1

On 2018-11-13 at 3:10 PM, Endrian said:

The only concern I'd have there is that those aren't really weather-based. Clouds on their own aren't known to develop magnetic, radioactive, or toxic/poisonous gas properties. The acid rain suggestion I gave was a bit of a stretch as it was, because I wanted to suggest regular rain, but that wouldn't have done much different from the hail suggestion if you go by water properties the way Hydroid does them (Tempest Barrage's water missiles attack dealing Impact damage and knocking down enemies; Tidal Surge similarly does Impact damage as it crashes through enemies, then ends with Slashing as the wave "breaks," implying water-based damage is usually Impact or Slashing).

The alternative would be to do something like Zephyr: Don't have a "sub-element" for your clouds at all. Instead, create a basic "blank" cloud, which then changes to match the most prominent element of a weapon attack done in the area. For example, create a cloud, then fire an Ignis at it, and now the cloud's on fire, raining droplets of fire and dealing constant Heat damage.

This funny. This was my original design. As such I made the following changes...

+ change storm cloud to storm front. And add more wording, and stats to clear show that the cloud travels.

+ clouds spread and damage enemies on elements it first absorbs from an enemy with a status effect/proc.

- remove cloudscape benefits to allies

1 hour ago, (XB1)Nightseid said:

This funny. This was my original design. As such I made the following changes...

+ change storm cloud to storm front. And add more wording, and stats to clear show that the cloud travels.

+ clouds spread and damage enemies on elements it first absorbs from an enemy with a status effect/proc.

- remove cloudscape benefits to allies

Honestly, that does sound like the best solution. Clouds are a tricky subject for determining effects for, just like wind, so it makes sense that Cirrus's clouds would function like Zephyr's tornadoes, but it would make the element-absorbing effect more central to his kit.

:thumbup::clem: :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Endrian said:

Honestly, that does sound like the best solution. Clouds are a tricky subject for determining effects for, just like wind, so it makes sense that Cirrus's clouds would function like Zephyr's tornadoes, but it would make the element-absorbing effect more central to his kit.

:thumbup::clem: :thumbup:

Yeah...and it works with the lore i made too of zephyr and Cirrus. I took inspiration from raiden and fujin.

hmm. Since Ability 4: Eye of the Storm is suppose to be Cirrus version of Peacemaker, I was thinking of updating it to:

"Cirrus wields Mjolnir and transforms into a storm avatar- becoming nearly intangible and hard to hit but stationary. In this form, Cirrus can still cast his other abilities. Casting cloudscape in this form will strafe Cirrus in any direction (player choice) 10meters."

Instead of being an exalted Hammer, Mjolnir is an exalted speargun.  

Mjolnir

Type: exalted weapon

Trigger: held

Utility

Ammo Type: spear gun

Noise lvl: alarming

Fire rate: 12.0 rounds per sec

Accuracy: 100

Magazine size: 100 rounds per mag

Max ammo: 210 rounds

Disposition: n/a

Normal attacks

Total dmg: 50.0 Electric

Crit charge: 15%

Crit multi: 2.5x

Status chance: 15%

Throw Spear (cost 15 energy)

Total dmg: 700 (200 Electric, 500 Impact)

Crit chance: 5%

Crit multi: 2.0x

Status chance: 30%

Charge time: 0.5s

Fire rate: 1.0 round per sec.

Trigger type: charge

Reload time: 1.0 secs

Misc.

>

Mjolnir's lighting arc will chain unto a nearby enemy or cloudscape whenever it deals critical damage.

> When Cirrus throws Mjolnir, it will explode dealing electric damage within 10m of impact. Mjolnir will immediately return to Cirrus.

++++

thoughts??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok.

Another rework the forth ability– I’m considering removing the exalted weapon cause, well it’s not as interesting as I once thought it was, also there are a lot of exalt weapon in warframe already. So… here is a new forth new ability.

+Eye of the Storm - conjures a ball lightning that electrifies the area shocking any enemy that enters its area of effect. EotS will strike and chain off any nearby cloudscapes.

Strength: 200/400

Duration: 8/10/12/15

Range: 5/7/8/10

Misc- status duration: 30secs

Or...

+ Thunderstrike – cirrus calls a lightning strike at his location knockback all nearby enemies and dealing impact damage.

Damage: 400

Range: 10m

Let me know which you guys think?