Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept - Cirrus the Cloud Warrior

(XBOX)Nightseid

5 minutes ago, keikogi said:

I like where this is going but I saw a problem and I will give you the solution. Attack speed mods are really important for the dps of a melee weapon , but attack speed will ruin the tempo of the song. So here is my solution. Attack speed works as a "multshot " for the thurder strikes . This way attack speed won't mess with the tempo of the song.

Thanks! So which attack option do you like?

Once I get to a computer I will make the changes to the main post.

Edited by (XB1)Nightseid

I would go with a combination of 1 and 2. To determinate the combo chain only the first and second attack matter. So, both systems can coexist (might be too hard to implement).

Maybe you could implement a system like guitar hero (heavily simplified due to single key), each combo chain is a really short song , the player performance increases the damage and range.

I’m against 3 for 2 reason. It steals Octavia’s thunder(pun intended) . Also, manacochord had the inintended consequence of “meta Music” (Music that let the player get the buffs more easily)

I’m against 4 because a lot of people play without sound because of bad audio system, deafness or just wanting to hear a podcast or YouTube video while playing.

Edited by keikogi

On 2019-08-12 at 5:40 PM, keikogi said:

I would go with a combination of 1 and 2. To determinate the combo chain only the first and second attack matter. So, both systems can coexist (might be too hard to implement).

Maybe you could implement a system like guitar hero (heavily simplified due to single key), each combo chain is a really short song , the player performance increases the damage and range.

I’m against 3 for 2 reason. It steals Octavia’s thunder(pun intended) . Also, manacochord had the inintended consequence of “meta Music” (Music that let the player get the buffs more easily)

I’m against 4 because a lot of people play without sound because of bad audio system, deafness or just wanting to hear a podcast or YouTube video while playing.

Here is another idea for the ultimate.

Eye of the Storm - Cirrus plays his thunder drum to create a storm aura that surrounds him that damages nearby enemies.

How it works:

Activating Eye of the Storm will summon Cirrus' thunder drum, allowing him to create a storm song, similar to Brutal Legends Guitar Solos or the Zelda's Ocarina of Time. Cirrus will have 4 seconds (based on 4/4 time signature, tempo = 60 BPM) to create a drum solo which will continue for the duration of Eye of the Storm. Cirrus is invulnerable whilst creating a storm song.

Tap = lightning strike, randomly strikes nearby enemies

Charge = Thunder clap, knocks back nearby enemies

Charge then a tap = after knockback performs an AOE lightning strikes to all nearby enemies

Players can activate Eye of the Storm again to change their song

3 hours ago, (XB1)Nightseid said:

Here is another idea for the ultimate.

Eye of the Storm - Cirrus plays his thunder drum to create a storm aura that surrounds him that damages nearby enemies.

How it works:

Activating Eye of the Storm will summon Cirrus' thunder drum, allowing him to create a storm song, similar to Brutal Legends Guitar Solos or the Zelda's Ocarina of Time. Cirrus will have 4 seconds (based on 4/4 time signature, tempo = 60 BPM) to create a drum solo which will continue for the duration of Eye of the Storm. Cirrus is invulnerable whilst creating a storm song.

Tap = lightning strike, randomly strikes nearby enemies

Charge = Thunder clap, knocks back nearby enemies

Charge then a tap = after knockback performs an AOE lightning strikes to all nearby enemies

Players can activate Eye of the Storm again to change their song

I like where this is going but remember for a system like that balance is crucial. For example: If the skill can't do scaling damage, people will use just charge attacks. Also hide behind notes mechanism to prevent key spaming. At low levels the best song will always be just simple quick beats.

Also, you probably should scrap the invulnerability. Since you are only using 1 key to compose the player can move while doing so. They can avoid some damage this way. Throw in some damage reduction to compensate for the lack of weapons (even a 95% damage reduction combined with cc immunity is fine, because the player must maintain a degree of battlefield awareness). Also, when you are recording the music (the initial 4 seconds) the effects should be way stronger because you can't use your weapons while composing.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Nightseid said:

new helmet <WIP>

RicIs2C.jpg

I don't know if it was intentional but

latest?cb=20181101210713

Looks like the super sentai version of Soul Power from super shock.

On 2019-08-19 at 7:39 PM, keikogi said:

I like where this is going but remember for a system like that balance is crucial. For example: If the skill can't do scaling damage, people will use just charge attacks. Also hide behind notes mechanism to prevent key spaming. At low levels the best song will always be just simple quick beats.

Also, you probably should scrap the invulnerability. Since you are only using 1 key to compose the player can move while doing so. They can avoid some damage this way. Throw in some damage reduction to compensate for the lack of weapons (even a 95% damage reduction combined with cc immunity is fine, because the player must maintain a degree of battlefield awareness). Also, when you are recording the music (the initial 4 seconds) the effects should be way stronger because you can't use your weapons while composing.

I don't know if it was intentional but

latest?cb=20181101210713

Looks like the super sentai version of Soul Power from super shock.

Lol. It was coincidental, I have been envisioning this character having a cloud afro for a while,  lol.

Another eye of the storm mechanic idea:

Eye of the Storm (Charging Drum mechanic/ pulse meter)

Tapping the attack button will randomly strike nearby enemies. Holding the attack button will charge the thunder drum performing a Thunder Clap, this will knock back enemies upon release and causing tap attacks to summon AOE lightning strikes until the charge is completely consumed. Once charge is consumed, lightning strike will return to normal. Holding the charge for 4 beats will bless Cirrus with Retribution. The longer you charge the attack Cirrus pulse meter will increase.

Visuals/audio: The increase in power can be visualized by perhaps having pulse meter from purple-to-yellow or blue to green, and whenever Cirrus charges his attacks he plays really fast, like 16th notes or 32 notes fast on a 4/4 60 BPM.

*the pulse meter is basically a metronome, so folks can visually keep themselves in time.

5 hours ago, (XB1)Nightseid said:

Eye of the Storm (Charging Drum mechanic/ pulse meter)

Tapping the attack button will randomly strike nearby enemies. Holding the attack button will charge the thunder drum performing a Thunder Clap, this will knock back enemies upon release and causing tap attacks to summon AOE lightning strikes until the charge is completely consumed. Once charge is consumed, lightning strike will return to normal. Holding the charge for 4 beats will bless Cirrus with Retribution. The longer you charge the attack Cirrus pulse meter will increase.

Visuals/audio: The increase in power can be visualized by perhaps having pulse meter from purple-to-yellow or blue to green, and whenever Cirrus charges his attacks he plays really fast, like 16th notes or 32 notes fast on a 4/4 60 BPM.

*the pulse meter is basically a metronome, so folks can visually keep themselves in time.

It is a good execution of a drum based skill. The pulse meter is a nice quality of life adition. It also helps deaf people.

BTW, what the retribution buff does ?

23 hours ago, (XB1)Nightseid said:

Retribution is the exilus mod that deals electric damage back to attacker that hit you.

I was aware of that mod , but I tought you gave cirrus a buffed version of this mod. The retribution mods kinda sucks it only works if you got shirld on and against melee attacks. On top of that it does not scale.

This is a sick frame and I wanted to shout out a concept for a skin since I suck at drawing. I think a cool skin for him would involve parts of him being hollow like his chest but it has clouds filling it in, so you could give his chest a design like a face that's foaming at the mouth. Do with that what you will but overall awesome job @(XB1)Nightseid

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, (PS4)IIFrost_GhostII said:

This is goregeous, but the second ability is dull to me. Can it be replaced with something like a stortm cloud that rains, ppssibly makes a short tornado, and fires out lightning?

Thanks. The second ability is suppose to be a evasion ability, what your describing was to be the first ability which was to be a forward rolling storm cloud that damages enemies based on the elements shot into it. I'll go back and clean it up.

23 hours ago, (XB1)Nightseid said:

A couple of post it doodles.

dOAAbO4.jpg

The idea here ^^ was cirrus cloud afro would expand the longer he was in war drum mode.

31dsUup.jpg

I'll post them later in the main post.

I was originally going yo say , the clippings issues , but they don't apply because it is a cloud.

But man, are you realy sure about this. it will cover to much of the back. Also what was your inspiration ?

Edited by keikogi

On 2019-10-01 at 11:15 AM, keikogi said:

I was originally going yo say , the clippings issues , but they don't apply because it is a cloud.

But man, are you realy sure about this. it will cover to much of the back. Also what was your inspiration ?

I have had a few inspirations surrounding Cirrus like kabuki theatre costumes, DBZ, and Afro Samurai.  Also I figure it would be cool to see his cloud afro have a faint trail behind a little bit. Thanks for asking.

The growing cloud afro may be too much I was just fuffing around.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-10-28 at 5:33 AM, Crimsonblack said:

I like the idea and the design, but you can add more life to it. A story, how he worked, what he did. Plenty of fun things.

Agreed. As we know now, that warframes are human hybrids so more than likely, the Orokin chose him from this colony as an experiment. 

• 3 weeks later...
So here is a quick change I was considering for Cirrus.
First, I changed the passive to float, now aim-gliding allows Cirrus to hover in mid-air for an extended period of time.
Second, I simplified the new drum exalted and it became more of a gun-blade and gave it a new name.
Two, I removed cloudscape and made into a channeling damage multiplier ability since Cirrus already has a stealth ability.

++++++++

Passive:
Float - Cirrus has an extended timer to his aim-glide, while aim-gliding Cirrus floats in mid-air and is intangible, phasing projectile damage through him.

1 slot -Storm Front

Cast a slow forward moving cumulus cloud that expands as it moves, this cloud deals damage to enemies based on the elemental it absorbs most from allies.

2 slot - Eye of the storm

Channel this ability to charge Cirrus elemental power - increasing the elemental damage dealt by Cirrus weapons. Cirrus' melee attacks have chance 30% to lightning strike enemies. Each weapon attack consumes a portion of Cirrus' charge meter. Cirrus goes into a gaseous state whenever he charges this EoS, becoming intangible passing attacks thru him.

3 slot - Fog

Conjure a thick fog reducing enemy accuracy and granting stealth to crouched allies.

4 slot - War Drum (exalted drum or gun-blade weapon)

Cirrus summons his war drums allowing him to harness the power of storms. Each strike uses a portion of Cirrus energy.

--general move list---

Tapping the melee attack will cause Cirrus to fires a non-chaining lightning bolts dealing elemental damage to enemies in front of him. Holding or Charging attack will cause Cirrus to play faster, fire more lightning bolts in quick succession <- this will drain the combo counter.

Ground slamming  the melee attack will cause a thunder stomp, knocking back nearby enemies

Using the Heavy weapon attack will cause Cirrus charge forward blasting any nearby enemies with AOE elemental damage.

++++
Will add numbers when I edit main post based on comments.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Edited by (XB1)Nightseid

On 2019-11-05 at 1:56 PM, (XB1)Nightseid said:

Here is another post it wip. I was playing with the idea that he summons ethereal arms to hold his battle drums.

oHKvBMg.jpg

This both cool and possible to implement (, there is nova skin with ethereal extra arms. )

For the kit, it is a solid base. You need to be careful with the becoming gaseous thing because depending on the mechanics you choose it either can be amazing or useless. Also, how his gauge works?

On 2019-11-07 at 10:41 AM, keikogi said:

For the kit, it is a solid base. You need to be careful with the becoming gaseous thing because depending on the mechanics you choose it either can be amazing or useless. Also, how his gauge works

Hmmm. After thinking about it. Rename vapor to float and rename eye of the storm to vapor and remove the charge ability, and make it into a duration ability. So it will be...

Slot 2: Vapor - Cirrus goes into a gaseous state making him "lightweight (like zephyr)  and only able to deal and recieve elemental damage for a duration.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Nightseid said:

Hmmm. After thinking about it. Rename vapor to float and rename eye of the storm to vapor and remove the charge ability, and make it into a duration ability. So it will be...

Slot 2: Vapor - Cirrus goes into a gaseous state making him "lightweight (like zephyr)  and only able to deal and recieve elemental damage for a duration.

The old version sounded similar to barruk's , the new one is similar to kinect plating. Also , man not being able to deal physical damage cam be terrible ( no slash pros ) , but it has its percs two. To my surprise this skill is a somewhat double edged sword.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...