Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eidolons not Being Captured?

GodEnyo

Even with 3 charged lures nearby, the 2nd and 3rd Eidolon sometimes are not being captured and just die. It's infuriating wasting time to not get rewarded, is this happening to anyone else? I'm not the most experienced, but I've done enough runs and never had an issue like this since yesterday or the day before maybe. Sure there's the... more than occasional bug, but this is happening multiple runs in a row sometimes, missing nights and wasting/missing out on shards/arcanes is very frustrating and annoying, didn't even bother to finish runs today.
Edit: The 1 time is happened with the 2nd boss boss for me, the last Lure may have been too far, he was killed a few seconds after stomping. But, this is no excuse for my Hydrolist kills, they were definitely within 30m several times that he did not get capped. There were 2 times he did the death animation and still gave all loot, but other times where he dies no matter how close lures are. 

Edited by GodEnyo

If a lure is more than 30m from the eidolon surely he will die or teleport(ok, sometimes he teleports even with lures under his feet). Sometimes we see the eidolon dying animation bug and we could collect all drops this happens more when Onkko anounces the sunrise and you capture the eidolon and the bounty fails.

Players who have control over the lures should stay as close to the Gantulyst as possible, in the event that the latter deploys his Gantulyst Shields (the orange dome). Lures outside the dome will not link to the Gantulyst's broken limbs and seemingly take fatal damage from the pulses the dome emits

Edited by Miser_able

Unfortunately glitches like this are all too frequent, even with lures right on top of him (10m). Teleporting glitches. Lure spawn glitches. Vomvolist glitching under ground. Scripting glitches, back to back foot stomps or death from above beams. Ability in use. Inability to fire primary (and need to swap weapons to fix). They all happen.

10 hours ago, (PS4)Dublincore said:

Yeah this happened to me and my squad a couple of days ago. 4 charged lures close to Hydrolist, no drop. Pretty annoying but i must say that it was the first time, never happened before. 

Maybe I'm just unlucky, nothing new.

It's so profoundly disappointing to see just how many bugs still exist when it comes to Eidolon hunts.

To me it suggests that bug "fixes" are always done in the hastiest, most slapdash possible way. "Just get it working for this one specific case."

Inevitably, it breaks again later down the line because the previous fix wasn't really sound in the first place. The bedrock design of the game code controlling Eidolon-related scripting may also be suspect; who knows?

I just recently started doing hunts again because the Effects Intensity slider made it possible for me to do them without bleeding from the eyes (not that much of an exaggeration, actually, if i had taken photos of my poor eyeballs). What a relief! Wow, a whole part of the game that isn't physically painful to engage with!

...Except for all the bugs, and lag (which may be ameliorated by moving where certain calculations and checks happen)... ugh.

It's just sad to see what kind of state these game systems are in, even after so much time.