Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opinions on Melee mod choice...

WSPY

Question

Hey fellow Tennos, just wanna ask the opinions of you boys and girls...

If there is one last slot left on your melee weapons (I assumed that all essential mods have been applied), will you go for extra damage or extra range

And why?

I know different weapons and factions will have different choices, but i want to know the general choices of yours between range and damage...

Thanks for your kind replies....

7 answers to this question

Depends like if it is like 50% melee DMG and a 165% melee range I would use range 

And it also depends on what weapon like if it is a whip and have a mod that gives big amount of range then use the range mod but if it was a dagger then I would use 165% extra melee DMG (primed pressure point)

Mmm.. Interesting.. So most will focus to get the best out of that weapon.....

Like Whip-type then further increase it's range.. 

But what if you cant kill quick, let's say at high level endurance run, will you still apply extra range mods? 

Incidentally, with melee 3.0 on the horizon, melee range mods are going to be converted from percents to flat meters like primary and secondary range mods. This will be both a decent buff to the potential range of shorter reach weapons and at least a slight nerf to longer reach ones.

Edited by rapt0rman

3 hours ago, LeoLeonardoIII said:

Since things tend to go by percentages of already present stats, you typically want to maximize on a stat it's good at so it goes even further.

Capitalize on potential, since it's a lot more noticable than the other way around.

Good point! 

What about exalted melee like Valkyr's and Titania's?

Isn't it if they were modded for extra range, then we will be able to mow down Nullifier's bubble easier and safer?

Edited by WSPY

3 hours ago, rapt0rman said:

Incidentally, with melee 3.0 on the horizon, melee range mods are going to be converted from percents to flat meters like primary and secondary range mods. This will be both a decent buff to the potential range of shorter reach weapons and at least a slight nerf to longer reach ones.

Thanks for the info!!