Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Better Rewards for Arbitration Alerts

X4vi0uR

Just a thread where we can talk about what do you think would be better rewards for Arbitration Alerts (from here on AAs).

Right now, we got some rewards but, let's face it, endos and Ayatans don't make for anything useful at all. Also, the cards you can get from the rotation can also be bought straight up for Vitus Essences (which you'll probably have before getting them to drop).

Taking into account that the AAs are, basically, end-game content and are much harder than any regular alert (increased difficulty conditions for all the modes, especially defence), with high level enemies, only 1 life at your disposal and the pre-requisite to have unlocked and completed ALL of the missions in the entirety of the game (including Derelict and Kuva missions), the rewards are almost pitiful and the Vitus Essences are used mostly for cosmetic anyways.

So, the question is: "If you could replace some (or all) of the rewards dropped during these missions, what would you suggest as something worthy of all the trouble to unlock the AAs and the increased difficulties and handicaps?"

Personally, I'd try to balance things with some Kuva drops (around 3000 to 5000 max), Credits (extra 100k to 200k) and maybe some Rare Cards\Rare Enhanced Relics with an extremely low chance to receive a random Riven or Forma. Personally, I think these would be more desirable rewards for something that is to be considered end-game content, without going too overboard (especially taking into account that you can participate in these once per hour, instead of the daily alerts).

What are your ideas about this? Would you add something different or, maybe, are you completely fine with the rewards in rotation right now?

By cards, do you mean mods? And the mods you can get on AA rotations are different from the ones you can buy with Vitus Essence as far as I know. For me the ayatans and Endo are very useful, since there are still rivens and sacrificial mods I need to level. And if anything else I can always trade the ayatans for plat. So I think the rewards are fine. Some Kuva might be cool, I agree on that. 

1 minute ago, ModernGreg said:

By cards, do you mean mods? And the mods you can get on AA rotations are different from the ones you can buy with Vitus Essence as far as I know. For me the ayatans and Endo are very useful, since there are still rivens and sacrificial mods I need to level. And if anything else I can always trade the ayatans for plat. So I think the rewards are fine. Some Kuva might be cool, I agree on that. 

Yeah, I was referring to mods. Sometimes, my brain just works in strange ways.

I'm usually fine with changing endo because I got like 40 ayatans from the daily alerts but I can see why it'd be desirable to have a steady stream of them.

I feel the Drops in the Alerts itself are currently "Fine", as we didn't have an Endo Farm in-game the same way we had things like Credit Farms (And no, Special Pre-Made groups taking on Rathuum with VERY specific Frames and Loadouts doesn't count). Maybe a few more Special Drops to spice things up a bit every now and then, like some folks "Reward Rotation" suggestions, making it a new place to get Unique Mods or a Unique Weapon Blueprint, or something...

What Arbitrations desperately needs though is some focus on its Vitus Rewards. So far, you buy any of the Rewards once, and you're basically done. Don't get me wrong, Cosmetics are amazing, and I will do anything and everything to get my hands on them.....but just once. As soon as I get the Cosmetic, that's it. I don't buy 5 of the same hat, after all. One is enough.

What the Vitus Rewards needs is some return Rewards. Things like Pre-Built Forma, or Orokin Catalyst/Reactors, or even Kuva. Things we're always spending, and thus, need to get more of. Even if the reward economics are like:

"Well, it takes me 5 Minutes + RNG to get the Relic, then 5 more Minutes + RNG to get the Forma Blueprint, then 24 Hours to Build it, meaning it cost roughly 10 Minutes of Active Play + RNG + Wait Time......orrrrr I could spend some of my pile of Vitus to get this Pre-Built one for 6 Vitus, which essentially cost 1 Hour roughly of Active Play, and no RNG or Wait Time....Yeah, alright! Gotta fit that new Riven on my weapon right now, after all."

I still feel that'd be worth it, on some level.

But basically, Vitus needs return Rewards that aren't One-Time-Purchases, so that we can stay busy with that as we wait for more Cosmetic ones to cycle in.

Citation

Also, the cards you can get from the rotation can also be bought straight up for Vitus Essences (which you'll probably have before getting them to drop).

That's wrong. You have 4 different mods to drop in arbitration and 2 others to buy with essences so...

47 minutes ago, X4vi0uR said:

Right now, we got some rewards but, let's face it, endos and Ayatans don't make for anything useful at all. 

Uhhh yeah they do. I have tons of primed mods I still haven't leveled. At 40k endo a piece that takes a lot of endo.

The endo rewards are simply too many. They should stick with one type of endo and fill the rest of the loot table with something else.

Arcanes, kuva, stars (abundance of statues in relation to stars), rare mods that otherwise only drop elsewhere (condition overload for instance) and anything else they can consider. Right now the endo is a waste. Personally I've got little use for it and I havent played the game that long, so I dont understand the old-timers being in need for it. The few mods I have left to spend endo on are optional things and certainly not something I need the endo for that comes from end-game content. I get plenty of mods, endo and statues from elsewhere, so they are a very lackluster reward from arbitrations.

Arbitrations should have end-game worthy rewards, not questionable mods that are extremely gimmick for the most part aswell as a silly amount of endo. It just brings me no replay value. Currently I have very little reason to do arbitrations because there is simply nothing of value in them, this including the new mods. 

• 1 month later...

I agree with having better or at the very least MORE rewards. 98% of the people who say they have no problem with endo or statues are the casual new players. I like the AA but there is no incentive to play it because you can get the rewards easily and quickly.It would be nice if the veterans could get rewards that are useful for us or at least have a wide and varied reward table for whoever would like to play. 

On 2018-10-28 at 2:23 PM, X4vi0uR said:

what would you suggest as something worthy of all the trouble to unlock the AAs and the increased difficulties and handicaps?"

Kuva goddammit! there's never enough places to get Kuva, and anyone who even casually rerolls their Rivens goes through a truckload of the red stuff! everything else can end up being kinda meh after a while, but Kuva is essential for someone like me, with a lot of Rivens who wants to make high-dispo weapons really strong.

wouldn't hurt to add some of the rarer Plains/Fortuna resources, give people a chance to take a break from the open world grind while still getting a little closer to what they need.

Im pretty good with arbitration being the best source of endo currently. As a veteran who has everything in Warframe, this is currently the most rewarding way to spend my time. Mods like adaptation and rolling guard sell for modest amounts of plat, and endo is something i like to stockpile (you can also sell maxed mods to turn your endo into plat).