Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I think we should be able to rank down our rivens

evilChair

Generally, if I want to fine-tune a build with a unique and unrepeatable riven in it, I may have to take steps back, be it either because the riven has a specific nerf that's too strong alongside corrupted mods that I'd freshly get, or simply because i need to manage capacity. If riven mods could be downgraded for an endo-or-kuva cost for the purposes of fitting everything snugly together, that would be grand. For example, I have an Afuris riven that is intense enough to be the centerpiece of the build and influence all other mod selections, but its stat duration actually goes to -104% if fully levelled. I had to stop at rank 8/16 capacity drain both to make sure that i'd have some status duration at all (in case DE change their minds about whether proc should depend or not on stat duration) as well as to fit the bloody thing into the gun without wasting half a week's worth of forma in case I overshot the desired rank.

So yeah, the ability to downrank a riven would be nice. Some of those things are handle-with-care, you know.

Some of us have been asking for the ability to 'lower the rank' of ALL mods for quite some time.... I vaguely remember DE commenting on it and iirc it was basically 'no' to the idea. 

I really hate the need to have multiple mods at different ranks (and also for sentinel weapons) just to fit in a build at different capacity points while levelling with a forma.

I really do like this idea for ALL mods except Rivens!

Why? Because Rivens are currently in a position where 90% are just powercreeping...so if you want to fit in a Riven you have to be able to squeeze it into your weapon with given Capacity. Rivens are supposed to be "endgame" so if you want to use a Riven with only 1 Forma invested you are far from  this "endgame"

18 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Some of us have been asking for the ability to 'lower the rank' of ALL mods for quite some time.... I vaguely remember DE commenting on it and iirc it was basically 'no' to the idea. 

I really hate the need to have multiple mods at different ranks (and also for sentinel weapons) just to fit in a build at different capacity points while levelling with a forma.

Wanted to suggest that too, what with Seeker on a polarised slot taking 8 capacity for an additional 0.3 punch-through to guarantee 2. Instead I have to sit here with a "single-fold and 80% chance at another" punch-through on my hallway-control detron solely because there's no such thing as a "fraction" in warframe, where 80% of all decent mods have odd max capacities.

15 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

I really do like this idea for ALL mods except Rivens!

Why? Because Rivens are currently in a position where 90% are just powercreeping...so if you want to fit in a Riven you have to be able to squeeze it into your weapon with given Capacity. Rivens are supposed to be "endgame" so if you want to use a Riven with only 1 Forma invested you are far from  this "endgame"

I wasn't talking about "endgame" at all. I was talking about engineering a build while also leaving room for both potential future alterations and common human error. I already said that I have a very sensitive riven which is potentially useless in the future if I fully level it. On top of that, the build that it's in has passed 25 minutes on Mot, so while it's not an "endgame" riven, it's very definitely an endgame build. Yes, we all love god-rolls, but if you refuse to synergize an above-decent riven with the rest of the build, you don't deserve the grofit either.

if you run corrosive on your afuris then status duration is completelly useless

also, for capacity reasons, add a forma, thats the  point of them

i'm still stingy on the formas cause i have to build clan lab mr fodder with them. (i'm not moneyed enough to be getting plat every time i get 75% off) i try to use as few as i can, and even then only after i go through some mathsy pen-and-paper build-drafts. if i really, really like a weapon, i get a catalyst (or spend one of the three that i usually have stockpiled) to circumvent the wait for formas and give myself more breathing space, but even then it's tough.

Edited by evilChair

41 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

From what I understand mods are terrible web of data strung over every account. 

I'd be down for its entire removal for a similar less complicated system. But also farmy to obtain new additions to modifications for our gear. 

There really is no way to fix the coding mess they put on themselves other than to overhaul a entire system... 

I don't appreciate mods tramendously that are less effective at higher ranks, or any setup that would cost so much that mods slots are left open. 

49 minutes ago, Squeekly said:

From what I understand mods are terrible web of data strung over every account.  

Considering how some of this game is put together I fully expect it the code for mods to be some convoluted mess lol, in all likelihood it's another thing DE didn't 'look ahead' for so we get a situation that isn't really ideal that needs a major overhaul to fix.

The thing is they could really 'simplify' the database information to allow us to 're-rank' them via a fairly easy to understand string of code by giving each mod it's own reference code and then doing something like (they may even do something similar already)

mod reference code (which accesses a second database with the mod stats) - how many ranks - what rank from endo - number of mods with this rank - active rank on build (only needed for active mods).  A simple +/- either side of the rank dots on the cards and basically the 'job is done'.    Sadly I know it's likely not this simple to fix and obviously rivens wouldn't work with it due to their variability. 

Now it doesn't remove the need for multiple entries however the odds are that players wouldn't use multiple entries, especially if they removed the need for extra mods for sentinel weapons, so we'd most likely have just 2 entries per card, the 'maxed' one and the rank 0 ones we collect and turn into endo. 

Ideally like you say a complete 'restart' on the mods would likely be the easiest option if they were to change the system, refund all our endo and then let us refill the mods, yes it would be a chore but if it gave us a better system it would be appreciated by all, any extra 'decent' mods would just end up in trade too which could help plat sales.  Sadly I can't see it happening due to DE basically adding a 'farm endo here' mode.... however we can hope, we did get arcanes changes where we didn't need multiples for each frame etc.