Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DracoTheBoss8

Sortie weapon

Question

I am in dire need of plat, so I decided that I would try doing some sorties with my hek. It was able to take them down ok, but it was still slow going. What MR10 weapons could I use that would insta-kill sortie lvl enemies?

15 answers to this question

47 minutes ago, DracoTheBoss8 said:

I am in dire need of plat, so I decided that I would try doing some sorties with my hek. It was able to take them down ok, but it was still slow going. What MR10 weapons could I use that would insta-kill sortie lvl enemies?

I can't tell you that you will make lots of plat off of sorties, but if you need a bit for like slots and such, you can earn between 20 and 30 for corrupted mods. Not all, but the good ones like Blind Rage, Transient Fortitude, Fleeting Expertise, etc.

Now Hek is good and strong, but you're going to have mission factors to watch for.

qMsr0qD.jpg

Today sorties as you can see happens to be a Sealab tileset spy. A bit of a pain in the butt, and the secondary only modifier is there. Doesn't matter because you should take Loki to Sealab spy. Ivara is too slow, Ash and Octavia would work just fine too, but Loki is just faster than any other stealth frame, and longer duration. Plus one of the vaults will set you under water, with fans that will push you into sensor gates that trigger alarms. Take your time in there and shoot the points that stop the fan, located around the fans. Either 4 points around it, or 2 points in the walls.

Elemental Enhancement is a bit of a pain because they are very resistant to elements. But not so much against physical damage types such as Puncture. But it's a rescue and you don't actually have to kill anything. You just need to be quick. Get in, hack and escape quickly. Rush the extraction and you're golden.

If you have sorties in the future that are physical enhanced, you take a pure elemental weapon. As the first guy mentioned, get yourself Arca Plasmor. It is purely elemental, and will make swish cheese out of them.

The Mobile Defense is the only thing you might have troubles with today, so you're going to need a good defensive capable frame, or a squad. Frost is good, but you're going to need to stack globes for more health, and freeze them if you cannot take them out quick enough before being overrun.

• Interceptions are done easily with Nova.
  • Mobile Defense done easy with Limbo. Nidus most times.
  • Exterminates are done with stronger frames like Rhino or Chroma, and massive clearing weapons. Or Saryn.
  • Spy is typically done well with Loki or Ivara.
  • Defense can typically be done easily with a Jet Stream augmented Zephyr, unless it's infested then just take Excalibur and slay them with exalted blade.
  • Survival can be done with any tanky frame, Wukong would be a good choice. Rhino with iron shrapnal augment so you can reset your iron skin behind cover and continue fighting. Inaros, Nidus, Chroma, and the like are also all good.
  • Excavation is best done with a squad most of the time.
  • Defection is typically infested so Exalted Blade works well here. Oberon, and a strong melee.
  • Assassination: Entirely depends on the boss. Vor, Kril, Ruk, Tyl, and Jackal can all be done with a tanky frame well enough. Wukong is an easy way to defy the damage. Hyena pack, Raptor, Kela, Ambulas are the bosses you will have trouble with, but Mesa can be very useful for all.
  • Augmented Shield Corpus sorties: Use an Ignis/Wraith with Gas Damage to cut through their health very quickly as they have almost no health, and too much shields to take off first. Gas bypasses shields, as does Toxin, and Slash, but Gas is the most effective.
  • Augmented Armor: You're going to have to use a lot of Corrosive Projections, and Status weapons to remove armor and kill quickly. Tigris Prime is VERY effective for this.
  • Radiation sorties will be a pain with a squad, and very painful if it's like mobile defense and you kill the defense point. Watch your sentinel isn't armed.
  • Magnetic: Can be dealt with by taking a secondary with high Magnetic to drop the Magnetic fields and move through unaffected while they are down. Fields regenerate.

About the most helpful thing I can say beyond this, is to go practice Kuva Fortress Spy missions, Uranus Spy missions, and any other you find difficult. Take a Loki or Ivara so you can learn the back doors they like to leave in most spy vaults, or alternate routes.

44 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Oberon is my go-to for Radiation Hazard, especially (Mobile) Defenses.

Yay Broberon, though for Mobile Defense, I prefer good ol' Frost.
Besides of course Snow Globe goodness, Icy Avalanche is basically Squad-wide Iron Skin,
which is super handy not least for the "mobile" aspect of the mission, heh.

Well modded weapons...

Lenz,Arca plasmor,Tigris,ignis,Lanka...

Those weapons are very very very strong when modded right and I can even one shot index high risk enemies with them so Tbh even mk1 weapons can be good if you mod them good but I wouldn't stop at Mr 10 to make a endgame arsenal cause the goods is at Mr 14 like opticor and Tigris prime so yah just level them up for Mr and Tbh in sortie for me (not assassination though) I would either use Saryn , Nidus , inaros or rhino depends cause I normally use Saryn and nidus more cause I like using my abilities cause it just feels unique and special so its all up to modding and your playstyle 

And also Lenz is one of my favourite weapon and most fun to use too but not so much for my teammates lol

18 hours ago, Alcatraz said:

Gas bypasses shields, as does Toxin, and Slash, but Gas is the most effective.

Just a nit, but gas and slash only bypass shields with their status effects.

The Hek should be capable of doing sorties, it seems like you have a build problem more than a weapon problem.  Are you using the augment mod? Pretty much mandatory for the Hek.

Also, what faction...  If you're fighting the Grineer,  always always Corrosive Projection aura.  Literally nothing will make as much of a difference against the Grineer as getting rid of their armor.

17 hours ago, Chewarette said:

Ivara allows you to bypass all the lazer barriers (as Limbo, but remaining invisible). She's a blessing in Uranus spy.

Saryn (Molt removes statuses), or if in PUGs, Oberon (carpet removes statuses for everybody). Oberon is my go-to for Radiation Hazard, especially (Mobile) Defenses.

Augmented Armor can basically be 100% ignored by Saryn, enhanced by the Ignis (Wraith) modded for Corrosive.

I am aware of what Ivara does, and Limbo. Thank you. You're also forgetting you actually have to jump in Sealab spy so Ivara would take too much time since you cannot jump without coming out of invisibility, and Dashwire will take too much time to setup. In the water raising vault, you'd be under water well before you got setup. As Loki, it takes you only about a minute to complete the entire vault.

You should of just quoted me and said something like "in addition to what he said, you 'op' could also use... etc etc" instead of what feels like you're telling me how these frames work. But because you're quoting me directly and not just making a post saying what else can be used, you're telling me. I've used and own every frame in the game, thank you. Yes all have forma builds.

14 hours ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

Just a nit, but gas and slash only bypass shields with their status effects.

Yes, I guess I should have said that with Ignis Wraith because it has all the status necessary to proc all the effects you could ever desire. I know because it's generally what I'll use vs augmented shields. Or most corpus missions in general because it's a fantastic weapon, to be lazy with.

Before you say anything further, it works great for all other factions as well. And

Furthermore, there are plenty of alternative weapons and or frames to choose from. besides what I had mentioned. I just didn't want to write a book here, describing the entirety of what can be used, how it can be used, tips, tricks, and so on. Just a handful that would hopefully cover the basis of all the hazards that may give the person trouble. I do all sorties solo.

On 2018-10-29 at 2:55 AM, rsod25 said:

also don't try to solo sorties, that is just waste of time

Only reason I solo is because of S#&$ wifi

Get Mesa

????

Profit.

Arca plasmor will actually cover most of your needs

4 minutes ago, rsod25 said:

I sign this. Why waste precious 10 minutes solo when you can play it in public with only 20 minutes more 😄

14 hours ago, Alcatraz said:

Doesn't matter because you should take Loki to Sealab spy. Ivara is too slow

Ivara allows you to bypass all the lazer barriers (as Limbo, but remaining invisible). She's a blessing in Uranus spy.

• Radiation sorties will be a pain with a squad, and very painful if it's like mobile defense and you kill the defense point. Watch your sentinel isn't armed.

Saryn (Molt removes statuses), or if in PUGs, Oberon (carpet removes statuses for everybody). Oberon is my go-to for Radiation Hazard, especially (Mobile) Defenses.

• Augmented Armor: You're going to have to use a lot of Corrosive Projections, and Status weapons to remove armor and kill quickly. Tigris Prime is VERY effective for this.

Augmented Armor can basically be 100% ignored by Saryn, enhanced by the Ignis (Wraith) modded for Corrosive.

On 2018-10-28 at 10:13 AM, Alcatraz said:

Plus one of the vaults will set you under water, with fans that will push you into sensor gates that trigger alarms.

That spy vault is made considerably easier with imesha (ehh elytron .. the nuke one) because it takes out most of the fan traps, or just a good grattler to shoot out the generators and time advancement to the pipe intersection, beyond that the “backdoor”of going up is much nicer. take out the generators the first segment up. wait for the sliding laser wall to let you exit shark wing and parkour and done

Rescue on Lua and the fortress are good to know when they show on sortie because they are so different.

Radiation I use limbo or nidus and just solo it. Larva is cc that does no damage.. unless burst. Even in a squad setting, enemies can be pulled away, burst even if you have to wait for a radiation effect to wear off, and dealt with at distance with little chance for friendly fire.

3 hours ago, Alcatraz said:

I am aware of what Ivara does, and Limbo. Thank you. You're also forgetting you actually have to jump in Sealab spy so Ivara would take too much time since you cannot jump without coming out of invisibility, and Dashwire will take too much time to setup. In the water raising vault, you'd be under water well before you got setup. As Loki, it takes you only about a minute to complete the entire vault.

You should of just quoted me and said something like "in addition to what he said, you 'op' could also use... etc etc" instead of what feels like you're telling me how these frames work. But because you're quoting me directly and not just making a post saying what else can be used, you're telling me. I've used and own every frame in the game, thank you. Yes all have forma builds.

1- Calm down, it was just an additional trick for those who don't know / didn't think about it. Not everything is a race (lul Loki is faster !!!!), Ivara is a lot safer than Loki in fact, no need to feel offended because someone has a different opinion than yours.

2- You say you know how Ivara works, yet you think jumping gets you out of invisibility. It doesn't, in fact you can even bullet jump without getting out of invisibility. Plus, Dashwire doesn't "take too much time to setup", it's like a 1-second cast.

Which "Water raising vault" are you talking about ? The tower where you just have to use the lift in the middle ? The Sharkwing one where you don't really have to care about your equipped Warframe ? Or the third one which is just straightforward ?

3 minutes ago, (PS4)teacup775 said:

That spy vault is made considerably easier with imesha (the nuke one) because it takes out most of the fan traps, or just a good grattler to shoot out the generators and time advancement to the pipe intersection, beyond that the “backdoor”of going up is much nicer. take out the generators the first segment up. wait for the sliding laser wall to let you exit shark wing and parkour and done

Rescue on Lua and the fortress are good to know when they show on sortie because they are so different.

Be aware that this was addressed to the person asking the question, who more than likely doesn't have but Odonata. It isn't "imesha" either, because it's not Amesha, but Elytron. Aka "(the nuke one)"

1 minute ago, Alcatraz said:

Be aware that this was addressed to the person asking the question, who more than likely doesn't have but Odonata. It isn't "imesha" either, because it's not Amesha, but Elytron. Aka "(the nuke one)"

yeh, i use itzal and ignore the rest. the names are fading. just shooting the generators is a good start. the back door makes it massively less of a headache. the tile sets are poorly crafted.