Critical Chance on Gara's Shattered Lash?

BL4CKN0ISE

It would be nice if all the melee 1st abilities benefited from the same mods. Atlas and Khora use the same builds, but for some reason Gara's Shattered Lash doesn't benefit from crit mods. Can you please add crit to Shattered Lash? You can lower it's base damage closer to Landslide and Whipclaw to balance it. Thanks for reading. 🙂

IIRC Shattered Lash doesn't crit unless you force crits on it (Ardarza, Harrow, etc.), so crit mods would have no effect. It essentially has a crit chance of 0% and multiplier of 1x, so all the multipliers in the world wouldn't help.

Also, lowering the damage in exchange for crits would be a pretty big nerf since you can't get crits on objects, and your wall is considered an object, so the stacking damage on her 2 would stack far more slowly.

9 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

IIRC Shattered Lash doesn't crit unless you force crits on it (Ardarza, Harrow, etc.), so crit mods would have no effect. It essentially has a crit chance of 0% and multiplier of 1x, so all the multipliers in the world wouldn't help.

Also, lowering the damage in exchange for crits would be a pretty big nerf since you can't get crits on objects, and your wall is considered an object, so the stacking damage on her 2 would stack far more slowly.

That's what this post is about. I want those mods to have an effect. DE could just make the wall be effected by crit mods too. They can make it different than other objects. That could be a buff if you can crit a lot.

6 minutes ago, BL4CKN0ISE said:

That's what this post is about. I want those mods to have an effect. DE could just make the wall be effected by crit mods too. They can make it different than other objects. That could be a buff if you can crit a lot.

Making the wall a critable object would be very difficult, as it would cease to be an object, and would have to become something else (Crit immunity is a trait of the 'object' health type). This would require coding an entirely new health type that is immune to everything else, but can be affected by crits. Even then, there is no guarantee that it would increase the damage of the explosion, as the explosion doesn't use the damage dealt to the wall, but the health of the wall plus the raw damage of your lash. They would have to make the wall explosion inherit the crit chance of the lash, and then make her splinters add the crit damage instead of the regular damage. Every one of those new aspects would involve bugs that would need fixing, just to have more random damage on all of your abilities (because DE would likely reduce base damage enough that a 'standard' loadout would still have the same average damage, even after accounting for crits).

Besides, I find it hard to come up with more than 5 mods to use on my weapon that are any good for Shattered Lash, so you have room for crit mods anyway. You wont make your melee any weaker, and your lash will still deal good damage.

I typically run damage, puncture damage, a riven with damage/CritC/StatusC,blood rush, weeping wounds, drifting contact, and 90% elementals to taste. +Damage, +puncture/slash, and elementals are the only mods that affect lash (depending on if you tap/hold lash), so it's easy to mod for.

So I honestly can't see a reason to give lash crits but reduce damage in return. The end result will be roughly the same at best, and would create a lot of work for DE.

On 2018-10-28 at 10:47 PM, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

They do not. 

Both their 1st abilities benefit from base damage, physical, elemental, crit, and combo counter. Their first ability use the same builds.

Edited by BL4CKN0ISE

2 hours ago, BL4CKN0ISE said:

Both their 1st abilities benefit from base damage, physical, elemental, crit, and combo counter. Their first ability use the same builds.

Even then, no, they both are affected by the base damage, elemental damage and so on, but there are definitely clear differences.

Khora, for example, has Melee Range on Whipclaw’s radial damage, meaning that a Riven with decent Range and supplementals will do better on her, while on Atlas you’re better off without because Avalanche is single target.

If you treat the two abilities the same you’re either only doing one of them right, or neither.

Yea you don't use crit on atlas, the 5% crit chance is not enough to work with and he only has 5% status so you can't really argue for status either.

he also deals pure impact damage allowing you to use primed impact alongside your elements.

the mods you use (and riven) should be ....

5 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

drastically different

Gara's shattered lash also converts to her ultimate as pure heat damage, so adding enough crit to use would make it even more OP.  its already arguably the strongest pure damage aoe in the game.

you also need to choose between slash or puncture so...  you would never use the same mods as Atlas / Khora even if you could crit. 

Edited by Tatersail

On 2018-10-28 at 10:47 AM, BL4CKN0ISE said:

It would be nice if all the melee 1st abilities benefited from the same mods. Atlas and Khora use the same builds, but for some reason Gara's Shattered Lash doesn't benefit from crit mods. Can you please add crit to Shattered Lash? You can lower it's base damage closer to Landslide and Whipclaw to balance it. Thanks for reading. 🙂

Technically, none of those 3 1st Abilities are buitl the same way.

Largest difference is Atlas Landslide combo mechanic which benefits from duration to maximize potentcy.

I would like it Shattered Lash and Whipclaw could use the same Combo mechanic where subsequent casts costs less energy,  get stronger, and grow in affected radius with additional casts...until cap.

Melee mod-wise:

Whipclaw does not work with Condition Overload or Covert Lethality damage bonus

Atals Landlside does not get damage bonus from Covert Lethality, but does work with Condition Overload

Yet, wiki states Shattered Lash gets the damage bonus from Covert Lethality and works with Condition Overload

If giving Shattered Lash a non-0% base critical chance and above 1x Critical Multiplier will allow for my Khora to be Condition Overload friendly and possibly get a base cast-combo mechanic like Ripline/Landslide then I am all for uniformity in modding Melee cast 1st Abilities.

On 2018-10-30 at 9:59 PM, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Wrong. Mass Vitrify deals Heat damage when destroyed by Shattered Lash, in addition to also dealing Shattered Lash's modified damage. The damage is not pure Heat

you can disprove this pretty quickly in simulacrum

Get a shielded mob , get an infested mob.

hit with shattered lash,

hit with Mass vitrify,

See what happens..

All my tests show it's converted to fire. One of the reasons I mod Slash on gara (even tho slash without status is weak) when focusing on her Mass vitrify Wall AOE DPS

I use.

garaexalted.png

800 slash base effected by mods (only 39% str)

100% 165% 330% melee damage from spoiled strike, PPP, riven

230% 90% 120% slash damage from riven, jagged edge, buzz kill

225% corrosive 90% heat from elements

+800 heat

But I am almost 100% sure everything gets converted to heat

Reason 1

I get about 40k hits with this, 60k on infested 20k on shielded mobs the only reason this can happen is if the damage is converted to heat as heat has bonus to infested and negative to shields.

If what you say is true I should see the same damage from shattered lash + 800 heat, but instead I see damage that acts in every way like pure heat.

Reason 2

I also swapped 90% slash jagged edge for 90% cold damage and got the exact same numbers, which should have changed the damage type to Viral and radiation to produce different damage numbers

Again 0 effect

Only shattered lash damage type changes, mass vitrify remains the same 40k hits.

I could be wrong, but the only thing that makes sense is all damage is converted to heat.

If your just reading from the wikia rather than testing in game, then I can tell you the wikia has been pretty wrong on Gara for a while.  they say Justice blades and covert Lethality have no effect.  last i checked (about a month ago) both these mods work.  Justice blades works like spoiled strike. and covert Lethality adds a flat 100 damage.   again tho all this testing was a few weeks ago. but I can see nothing in the patch notes about changes.

Edited by Tatersail
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/lethality is shown as a typo and converted to legality???