Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why not Cautious Shot in Castanas, Talons, Kulstar, Angstrum, Stug?

JohnnyMeta

It is a unique mod, but it is really sad that it can be used only in:
Javlok
Ogris
Penta
Scourge
Tonkor
Zarr
Ignis (Wraith)
Yes, it can also be used in Ignis ...

The amount of weapons available for the mod must be expanded. It is not possible that the ignis is part of the category, if that weapon does not generate self-dmg

better yet, why do we need a mod to make the self damage on explosives actually acceptable? self damage from explosives should be reduced by 90% across the board, most explosive weapons instakill you when moded right, some even instakill with cautious shot equiped, cautious shot its another bandaid fix for a gaping wound.

If you look at that list it is quite obvious it's a primary weapon mod (as a design choice or accidentally limited to primary weapons). Ignis variants are included because it is limited to weapons with an area of effect, without differentiating between weapons with or without self damage. Seems all quite logical to me so far. We may just have to wait till they widen the mod's use to secondaries or release a similar mod for secondary weapons (see Firestorm / Fulmination). Would be nice to have such a mod or for the existing one to be useable on those other weapons, though.

Edited by Shanoo

Also on melee when Exodia Contagion is on.

A good solution would be to move the mod from primary to warframe AND weapon universal mod.
So, you can put it on your weapon if you don't want to waste warframe slot but you can also put it on your warframe if you play many explosives weapons and don't want to waste a total of 3 slots on all your weapons.

Cautious shot is just a bad mod in general

Acquiring it (through natural non-trade means) means you cleared the entire star chart, and did some end game one-life "hard mode" arbitration missions and was rewarded 15 times for it. In other words, you're at the end game. Then you gotta max the mod which is a gold r10 mod to get the full damage reduction.

This mod, by design, is more of a band-aid mod for new players. An experienced player is going to position and know the cost of self-damage and they will play around that mechanic and not get hit by their own explosions to begin with. So no one actually uses this mod. New players won't have an easy to time accessing it, and the older players have spent the entire game playing around self damage that getting this mod is fruitless.

It's like the Ivara paradox (master spy missions to get a warframe that makes spy easy) all over again.

Why can it be used on Ignis (which can't self-damage), but can't be used on the Phantasma?

Seems to me they were really lazy and just tweaked the code on a copy of Firestorm and called it good.

I can understand having a separate mod for secondaries appear at some point, but we know they can make mods that work for both rifles and shotguns (Hunter Munitions, for example), so why isn't that the case here?

il y a 3 minutes, Obviousclone a dit :

This mod, by design, is more of a band-aid mod for new players. An experienced player is going to position and know the cost of self-damage and they will play around that mechanic and not get hit by their own explosions to begin with. So no one actually uses this mod. New players won't have an easy to time accessing it, and the older players have spent the entire game playing around self damage that getting this mod is fruitless.

Not sure but it may be the idea behind the mod.

Already experienced players don't need the mods while newer players that need it but can't farm it are gonna buy it for something kinda cheap because it's really rare or expensive to get (about 20-30 plats).
This means experienced players that don't need plats anymore or trade bigger values such as Prime Vaulted sets or Rivens mods that don't plan on buying plats can sell this mods to newer players that would buy more plats to actually get this kind of stuff they can't farm but is cheap. 

22 minutes ago, Obviousclone said:

Cautious shot is just a bad mod in general

Acquiring it (through natural non-trade means) means you cleared the entire star chart, and did some end game one-life "hard mode" arbitration missions and was rewarded 15 times for it. In other words, you're at the end game. Then you gotta max the mod which is a gold r10 mod to get the full damage reduction.

It's like the Ivara paradox (master spy missions to get a warframe that makes spy easy) all over again.

Hi.

"Experienced player" here who bought it for 38p in the first week.
It's really good if you want to use Ogris with maximum Multishot Riven and Mirage with a full parkour-no vitality build (I do use Rolling Guard as well for overkill though).

Mod is not fruitless; it is niche.

I still dont understand how people can willingly use this mod. What is the actual point to begin with? To save yourself from that one occasion in 100 or so? Waste of mod space when simple awareness does the job better since it gives 100% damage reduction to self damage.

I'm currently using alot of Phatasma and I could never see myself slotting a mod like this, nor did I dream of such a mod when using Prisma Angstrum.

It all comes down to timing and awareness of enemies, friends and possible terrain features. Not worth a mod slot to save me that 1 time out of 100 when my brain happens to be farting.