Jump to content

dojo:such a shame


TheKurtiStryke
 Share

Recommended Posts

i was making the new spawn room for my dojo using the new "inspiration room", i spent hours and a lot of resources(trush me, a LOT), and when i was almost done with it, i decided to to test the room, just to ensure  that when you spawn, you don't get stuck inside something, and....i discovere that i can't set that room(inspiration room) as the spawn room...

here's a little preview

Spoiler

9vB1kyk.jpg

i still have to make a few minor  adjustments.
please, De, allow us to set the inspiration room as the spawn room. thx

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ---RV---Maniac said:

thats looks awesome.
I have to say the inspirational hall is too op though, it has the highest capacity and largest space yet only costs 1 energy. I think thats the reason why they don't allow you to spawn there, so you have to use your main halls.

There is no such thing as "OP" for a decoration room. It's decoration. Every tree and shrub and bush placed is resources consumed. It's a potential item rushed ergo a plat sink. You can't have a room that's OP for decoration oh my lord. Please abandon this dumb mentality. There is no specific reason DE would forcibly want people to use their main hall over this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Azlen said:

There is no such thing as "OP" for a decoration room. It's decoration. Every tree and shrub and bush placed is resources consumed. It's a potential item rushed ergo a plat sink. You can't have a room that's OP for decoration oh my lord. Please abandon this dumb mentality. There is no specific reason DE would forcibly want people to use their main hall over this.

There is when the gardens that are much smaller cost alot more energy that a much bigger and higher capacity room. Meaning it takes less reactors to keep it running.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ---RV---Maniac said:

There is when the gardens that are much smaller cost alot more energy that a much bigger and higher capacity room. Meaning it takes less reactors to keep it running.

That makes it more efficient. That makes it better. But rooms aren't in competition with one another. Therefore no room is ever "OP" in comparison to one another. They could make a room be 0 energy, have 4 times the decoration capacity, and 4 times as big as the inspiration room. Nowhere in that does it make it "OP" because again, this isn't a room competition. They aren't fighting. It doesn't matter which room is the best. The grandest hall was the best before, that didn't make it "OP". There's no harm in letting it be the spawn room, nor is there any benefit to having people use main halls. 

Specifically on topic though: it's probably just an oversight like most things DE does. Hopefully if they get wind of it, they'll let it be the spawn room. Just a matter of code and certainly not a decision they made because of how good the room is in relation to other rooms.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Azlen said:

That makes it more efficient. That makes it better. But rooms aren't in competition with one another. Therefore no room is ever "OP" in comparison to one another. They could make a room be 0 energy, have 4 times the decoration capacity, and 4 times as big as the inspiration room. Nowhere in that does it make it "OP" because again, this isn't a room competition. They aren't fighting. It doesn't matter which room is the best. The grandest hall was the best before, that didn't make it "OP". There's no harm in letting it be the spawn room, nor is there any benefit to having people use main halls. 

Specifically on topic though: it's probably just an oversight like most things DE does. Hopefully if they get wind of it, they'll let it be the spawn room. Just a matter of code and certainly not a decision they made because of how good the room is in relation to other rooms.

so if there is a weapon that is on every stat 2x better than another weapon, you don't see an issue with the weaker weapon being wasted potential? The only thing gardens have in favor is the fact that you can go for florest/water themed rooms easier but even then, with the much large decor capacity that the inspirational has you can pull off natural themed rooms aswell. Making it so several garden rooms close to obsolete.
I like the inspirational hall and its great that we can build multiple but when you got a room that gives you 100 more capacity and only costs 1 energy, has 1400 decor capacity and the largest space out of all non interactive rooms vs the large gardens that give you -15 capacity  and cost 8x more energy and have a 500 decor capacity with less than half of a space of an inspirationall hall.
You are making alot of people that build the gardens and decorated them feel they wasted their time and making sure in the future most people will go for the inspirational halls instead of the gardens. Feels like those 13 diferent garden rooms are just there for the sake of being there when they could get a decor capacity boost and maybe even size boost which would give dojos more room variations and interesting.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, ---RV---Maniac said:

so if there is a weapon that is on every stat 2x better than another weapon, you don't see an issue with the weaker weapon being wasted potential? .

really? comparing a weapon and a dojo room?

I have seen many far fetched things in this forum but this is easily one of my top 3 contenders for most crazy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ---RV---Maniac said:

so if there is a weapon that is on every stat 2x better than another weapon, you don't see an issue with the weaker weapon being wasted potential?

 

5 hours ago, Helch0rn said:

really? comparing a weapon and a dojo room?

I have seen many far fetched things in this forum but this is easily one of my top 3 contenders for most crazy.

Thank you Helch0rn for understanding my point.
Maniac, comparing weapons makes sense (arguably less-so in PVE games, but that's not the issue we're tackling right now). You clearly don't want 1 Warframe, 1 Primary, 1 Secondary, and 1 Melee to be superior in every way to all the others. Warframe is about collecting and utilizing all the different and unique combat tools we have available to us. The POINT of them all is a progression system, as well as diversity. Dojo rooms cannot even remotely be compared to weapons in that regard. Because Dojo rooms in the way we are referring to them add no gameplay value other than fashion. It is strictly 100% cosmetic. If there was some amazing game-play thing you could do with this better room, sure, you'd be right. But there isn't. No special research, no unique trade functions, nothing. It's just a room we get to pretty up how we want. So it's perfectly fine if they essentially made a Decorator's Room. It's to serve that purpose.
If anything, it just sounds like from your last statement that you invested into decorating lots of garden rooms and are upset that there's now a better room you could have more potential with. But then just make those new rooms into bigger, better, grander things. Don't fret that one room isn't better than another. It literally changes nothing about your current Dojo and how it may or may not already be decorated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, (PS4)Herculxs said:

I hate you pc decorators.... your dojos don't have really bad shadows like ps4.

I'd love to build kool and more complex things but the shadows get extremely annoying

Excuse me?

 

On topic: I agree and I felt the same way, I even mentioned it in a feedback thread:

 

Edited by Kiwinille
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 2018-10-28 at 10:20 PM, ---RV---Maniac said:

so if there is a weapon that is on every stat 2x better than another weapon, you don't see an issue with the weaker weapon being wasted potential? The only thing gardens have in favor is the fact that you can go for florest/water themed rooms easier but even then, with the much large decor capacity that the inspirational has you can pull off natural themed rooms aswell. Making it so several garden rooms close to obsolete.
I like the inspirational hall and its great that we can build multiple but when you got a room that gives you 100 more capacity and only costs 1 energy, has 1400 decor capacity and the largest space out of all non interactive rooms vs the large gardens that give you -15 capacity  and cost 8x more energy and have a 500 decor capacity with less than half of a space of an inspirationall hall.
You are making alot of people that build the gardens and decorated them feel they wasted their time and making sure in the future most people will go for the inspirational halls instead of the gardens. Feels like those 13 diferent garden rooms are just there for the sake of being there when they could get a decor capacity boost and maybe even size boost which would give dojos more room variations and interesting.

 

I have seen a lot of not so smart people online

but you sir are A SPECIAL CASE

please try to understand the difference between Cosmetics and Weapons

Link to comment
Share on other sites

any room should be able to be the spawn room.  My main hall and spawn point has the trade booth in it.  Why would anyone go into any other room?

 I actually went wandering through my dojo a couple days ago and discovered a bunch of really cool rooms that someone has spent a lot of time doing that I had never seen before and likely many other clannies have never seen before and they sit there empty and unvisited with no purpose.  If someone wanted to rotate the spawn point into them once in a while, what’s the hurt?  

While we are in the topic, what’s the point of being in a space station if you can’t have windows??? Like, even open the roof up and let us see into space.  The Meeting room has windows... but why would anyone ever go in there?  

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, PAW.Predator said:

I have seen a lot of not so smart people online

but you sir are A SPECIAL CASE

please try to understand the difference between Cosmetics and Weapons

thanks bro, I was clearly comparing cosmetics to weapons, it's not like I was trying to use the weapon as an example to get my point across. You are really smart.

I still maintain my point, it does not make a sense to have a room that you can build multiple times and cost less energy and give you extra capacity while also having by far a larger decorating capacity and largest space. I love the inspirational hall and built multiple of, I just don't agree with the way it was added to the game in terms of requirements and perks it grants compared to other rooms.

On 2018-10-28 at 7:40 PM, Helch0rn said:

really? comparing a weapon and a dojo room?

I have seen many far fetched things in this forum but this is easily one of my top 3 contenders for most crazy.

Using it as an example, I understand it might have been a bad explanation,

 

On 2018-10-29 at 1:06 AM, Azlen said:

 

Thank you Helch0rn for understanding my point.
Maniac, comparing weapons makes sense (arguably less-so in PVE games, but that's not the issue we're tackling right now). You clearly don't want 1 Warframe, 1 Primary, 1 Secondary, and 1 Melee to be superior in every way to all the others. Warframe is about collecting and utilizing all the different and unique combat tools we have available to us. The POINT of them all is a progression system, as well as diversity. Dojo rooms cannot even remotely be compared to weapons in that regard. Because Dojo rooms in the way we are referring to them add no gameplay value other than fashion. It is strictly 100% cosmetic. If there was some amazing game-play thing you could do with this better room, sure, you'd be right. But there isn't. No special research, no unique trade functions, nothing. It's just a room we get to pretty up how we want. So it's perfectly fine if they essentially made a Decorator's Room. It's to serve that purpose.
If anything, it just sounds like from your last statement that you invested into decorating lots of garden rooms and are upset that there's now a better room you could have more potential with. But then just make those new rooms into bigger, better, grander things. Don't fret that one room isn't better than another. It literally changes nothing about your current Dojo and how it may or may not already be decorated.

It is just cosmetic so ye no point in going deep about it (although that point could be used to argue against making the room the spawn point, you can trade anywhere after all). And ye we got a lot invested in garden rooms in the dojo but it's not that much of an issue. I just wanted more dojo rooms to be granted some extra capacity, some of them are pretty unique and it feels like a waste of rooms. 

Edited by ---RV---Maniac
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...