Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Option To Disable Damage Numbers

shut

Title.

Basically, a little tick mark in the Graphics tab that allows you to toggle damage numbers. Most players will leave it on, but for those who want the game's beautiful graphics obstructed as little as possible by numbers and such, or for those who want the game to feel slightly more challenging and/or realistic (myself included), I'd like to see this implemented.

Easy to code, and always nice to have as a miscellaneous option.

It's also very obstructing when you either shoot your Acrid multiple times on the same target and it just hides your whole view with numbers. This is semi-true with shotguns as well, though not as bad.

Of course, you don't have this problem with lower level enemies, but still, I like this idea.

An option to disable the numbers would be appreciated.

Furthermore, I wouldn't mind it if instead of having a bunch of numbers popping at once, the game added your total damage together and showed one number. I'd rather see a single large number pop off when I hit a target than a bunch of small ones for AP, fire, shock, normal, multishots etc. Most of the time I can't even read the damage because its so clustered together. Just a thought.

An option to disable the numbers would be appreciated.

Furthermore, I wouldn't mind it if instead of having a bunch of numbers popping at once, the game added your total damage together and showed one number. I'd rather see a single large number pop off when I hit a target than a bunch of small ones for AP, fire, shock, normal, multishots etc. Most of the time I can't even read the damage because its so clustered together. Just a thought.

This would be nice. I really dislike tons of numbers blocking my view =_=

The damage numbers rarely give any information anyways, we have no idea how much health our enemies have.

Personally I know how many shots it takes to kill the enemy, rather than how many damage it takes.

I wouldn't mind turning the numbers off

• 1 month later...

I would love this.  Damage numbers is so distracting for me.  I get that they're helpful for knowing you actually did something, but we can detect that in different ways, so it's not super necessary.

Anyway, I just love UI as minimal as you can manage.  So yeah.

• 1 month later...

Ahem, bump.

Now that the numbers are actually readable, they've been drawing my attention away from the actual game and I've found myself staring at the numbers to see how big they are, while still having no idea what this number's relation to the enemy's health is without the bar on top of the screen. It's annoying.

Would really like to see this added.

+1

More option toggles in this game would be awesome.

For one, I would love a non-crosshair mode (is that possible currently?)

On the numbers side (which I actually sort of enjoy) - I've always wished that enemies would "spit" out a death number in a different color (purple, maybe) to differentiate from the damage so that you can easily read when you have to stop shooting an enemy (this is no longer an issue for me, but when I was more newbie, I would keep shooting enemies as they fell to their death).

Also, although this isn't quite the right place to mention, but PLEASE, option for an Ambient Sound volume toggle, I'd rather raise that much more over the gun-fire noise.

A comprehensive set of options to toggle options in this game would be extremely welcome and quite useful.

Edited by Soaron